bill nye the science guy has agreed to a debate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
any thing that disagrees with a 6 day creation is a God denying form of theology. I don't care how many degrees they have or how kindly they try to promote it..

There at odds with God His bible The Lutheran confessions and every single confessional Lutheran in heaven and earth including me.. dodo-- David

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
horsecamp said:
any thing that disagrees with a 6 day creation is a God denying form of theology. I don't care how many degrees they have or how kindly they try to promote it..

There at odds with God His bible The Lutheran confessions and every single confessional Lutheran in heaven and earth including me.. dodo-- David
So, we are suppose to conform to a modern-day western ethnocentric interpretation of those six days in order to believe in God?

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
horsecamp said:

Can you explain (with actual facts) how Gen 1:5 has the evening and the morning being the first day, when the sun, moon and stars were not appointed until day four? Remember now; if you are pushing a literal reading of the text you will be able to provide a literal interpretation in your answer.

Dodo_David said:
So, we are suppose to conform to a modern-day western ethnocentric interpretation of those six days in order to believe in God?
Answer: no

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Purity said:
Can you explain (with actual facts) how Gen 1:5 has the evening and the morning being the first day, when the sun, moon and stars were not appointed until day four? Remember now; if you are pushing a literal reading of the text you will be able to provide a literal interpretation in your answer.
The literal interpretation is right in front of you if you care to read it

God was creating light ... he was not creating sun moon and stars (yet) .... Genesis 1:3

He called the light "day" and the darkness "night" Genesis 1:5

No sun moon or stars are required to have light

Reactions: UppsalaDragby

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Arnie Manitoba said:
The literal interpretation is right in front of you if you care to read it

God was creating light ... he was not creating sun moon and stars (yet) .... Genesis 1:3

He called the light "day" and the darkness "night" Genesis 1:5

No sun moon or stars are required to have light
You missed the point.

For there to be an "evening and a morning" requires planets ;)

If you believe God turned the light down like a dimmer and turned the darkness up please provide scripture.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Purity said:
You missed the point.

For there to be an "evening and a morning" requires planets ;)

If you believe God turned the light down like a dimmer and turned the darkness up please provide scripture.
Not necessarily ..... read it again ....

First God called the light "day" and the "night" darkness (before the sun and moon)

Then he said,...... “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night"

Then ...... God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

Then .... 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Arnie Manitoba said:
Not necessarily ..... read it again ....

First God called the light "day" and the "night" darkness (before the sun and moon)

Then he said,...... “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night"

Then ...... God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

Then .... 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness.
Sorry Arnie you are missing on day one it speaks of evening and morning.

Please explain evening and morning on day one with out taking us to day four.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
horsecamp said:
since when has atheism become cool?
the cool guy in the debate is the Christian who believes the bible..

Actually, evolution itself is not atheist. Science does not have emotions or thoughts. That's like saying a toothbrush is a mormon, or a computer mouse is a satanist. And he's an agnostic, there's a difference. He's debating Creationism and evolution. Although the men up there are important, it's the message that they're trying to bring attention to is what is the main feature.

Edit: I was assuming that she (he?) was talking about how evolution is an atheist idea, and if I'm wrong correct me. But, I believe everything I said still stands.

Reactions: Purity

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
I could invent a new light bulb today
I could build it tomorrow
I could turn it on the third day

When did I invent the light bulb ??
This is how you explain evening and morning on the first day?

Explain why the sun and moon are not given their proper names in Gen 1?

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
http://www.ibtimes.com/bill-nye-vs-ken-ham-debate-who-won-creationism-evolution-battle-full-video-1553464

Bill Nye emerged the clear winner in this debate. On one hand I was pleased to see Ken become the apologist having lost so much ground in his arguments, however it saddens me that hyper literalism discredits God, His Word and His Works by a fundemnetialist appraoch to Bible reading. This was true of every argument Ken produced, Bill was able to use his faulty premise along with the mountain of evidence for a very old earth to discredit all his opinions.

Purity

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity - i agree completely