Black racist reparations panel in California approves up to 1.2-million-dollar payments to blacks living in Ca.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disney tried to tell the State of Florida how to run the state

No, they spoke out against proposed legislation which they have the first amendment right to do.

.No First Amendment rights when money and politics are concerned.

Tell that to the Supreme Court which ruled that businesses also have the first amendment right to say what they want. A Republican Supreme Court at that.

Disney loses and loses big

Disney will not lose and if they do, that means every business going forward loses their first amendment right.

They are getting schooled.

Is that what you think?

The State of Florida has far more attorneys than they do.

Do they now? That is certainly not the truth. If it is, please, provide proof.

State of Florida Attorneys paid for by "You" Remember, Issa knows he's playing a losing game.

Tell me something, if you pay I don't know a couple hundred thousand to go to law school to become a lawyer, but you're getting paid about 80k a year. Yeah, those sure are some great lawyers. My fiance who works for the state of Florida is oft telling me that you don't go to law school to work for the state. Plus, Disney has larger pockets than the state.

Disney has lost at every turn so far .....What makes you think, you know enough about the politics to understand why Disney has no rights to dictate to the state how to run the government? Disney loses .....guess who controls the courts?

What makes you think they have lost at every turn? Disney didn't try to dictate to DeSantis how to run the state. They came out against proposed legislation. That is not the same thing as trying to dictate to DeSantis how to run the state. They do have a right to speak out against legislation.

Reactions: TinMan

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have lost every attempt in this crusade against the Government of Florida.The Government now controls Reedy Creek and everything involved in the governance of the county.

The argument wasn't about the First Amendment. It was about telling the government what they were going to do in spite of what Disney wanted and they lost. The question will be Are they willing to lose more money and more public support to appease less than 1% of the population? Willing to go to the Supreme Court when no one else is on their side in this?

Iger better be poised to sell off ESPN and other profit losing entities to pay for this battle ....they have no assurances of winning. Their track record against the Federal Government and the State is miserable. Florida is not California ......and Corporations have a bad habit of getting kicked trying to dictate to a state on how to be political .....

Disney loses in spite of what the liberals think ....

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have lost every attempt in this crusade against the Government of Florida.The Government now controls Reedy Creek and everything involved in the governance of the county.

The argument wasn't about the First Amendment. It was about telling the government what they were going to do in spite of what Disney wanted and they lost. The question will be Are they willing to lose more money and more public support to appease less than 1% of the population? Willing to go to the Supreme Court when no one else is on their side in this?

Iger better be poised to sell off ESPN and other profit losing entities to pay for this battle ....they have no assurances of winning. Their track record against the Federal Government and the State is miserable. Florida is not California ......and Corporations have a bad habit of getting kicked trying to dictate to a state on how to be political .....

Disney loses in spite of what the liberals think ....

You really haven't a clue, do you?

So, please, so the forum can see it, the exact quote where Disney tried to dictate to the state how to run the state.

Also, I'm not a liberal.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me something, if you pay I don't know a couple hundred thousand to go to law school to become a lawyer, but you're getting paid about 80k a year. Yeah, those sure are some great lawyers. My fiance who works for the state of Florida is oft telling me that you don't go to law school to work for the state. Plus, Disney has larger pockets than the state.

No they don't ......now you are getting rediculous. Remember, I've sat in front of that dream team ..I wasn't impressed ....They lost .

Keep living in a fantasy land.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It boils down to this.

Disney has First Amendment Rights. That is not in dispute.

The State of Florida can terminate any agreement with any Corporate entity at any time. It has done so with Disney. By action of the State Legislature ....

Disney can howl at the moon all they want .......They cannot interject their morals to the education system or government of Florida.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really haven't a clue, do you?

So, please, so the forum can see it, the exact quote where Disney tried to dictate to the state how to run the state.

Also, I'm not a liberal.

Voted for Christy did you? You didn't vote for Desantis .....that 's obvious.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The State of Florida can terminate any agreement with any Corporate entity at any time. It has done so with Disney. By action of the State Legislature ....

Not when the Governor has said that it is in retaliation.

There are other special districts in Florida, yet Disney is the only one he's gone after. It's retaliation. His own words have betrayed him in this and Disney will win.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they don't ......now you are getting rediculous. Remember, I've sat in front of that dream team ..I wasn't impressed ....They lost .

Completely different situation.

Not living in fantasy land at all. My fiance has worked with these state lawyers. I think she would know more than you would about them.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reparations demands are spiking and Democrats have this astonishing reaction

Democrat promises of money for reparations have created expectations among Black citizens

Reparations demands are spiking and Democrats have this astonishing reaction | Fox News

This is not going to end well.
Citizens of a country they hate, that is the democrats and the reparationists. Obama talked of fundamentally transforming America, and his church pastor did say God damn America.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Citizens of a country they hate, that is the democrats and the reparationists. Obama talked of fundamentally transforming America, and his church pastor did say God damn America.

I remember that despicable sermon. As a society, we cannot tolerate people who hate America and want to destroy it! Obama and his church pastor are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It boils down to this.

Disney has First Amendment Rights. That is not in dispute.

Disney can howl at the moon all they want .......They cannot interject their morals to the education system or government of Florida.
"So, please, so the forum can see it, the exact quote where Disney tried to dictate to the state how to run the state."

Still waiting....
'

'