blashphemy of the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost is the spirit of truth. When that spirit gets in you and you deny truth.... Well, that's blasphemy.

When you add your opinion to God's truth, you change the truth.... This is also blasphemy.

So Scaliafan is right. Unfortunately he's backing an organization FULL of blasphemy.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
FHII said:
The Holy Ghost is the spirit of truth. When that spirit gets in you and you deny truth.... Well, that's blasphemy.
When you add your opinion to God's truth, you change the truth.... This is also blasphemy.
So Scaliafan is right. Unfortunately he's backing an organization FULL of blasphemy.
There's only one kind of blasphemy, and that is attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to Satan knowing that it is the Holy Spirit. That is why Jesus warned the Pharisees that they were getting very close to doing that when they said he healed by the power of Beelzebub. Some may misuse the word blasphemy but that doesn't change the reality of what Jesus explained. It is not a sin to not confess Jesus as your savior, it is willful ignorance and as such prevents one from being saved. If one is not saved, then one cannot enter eternal life. To quote an old Beatles song, one must have; 'A Ticket To Ride'.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
ScaliaFan said:
i will belive common sense, along with the teachings of the Original Church established 2000 years ago.. the 2 of which never contradict .. over some fallible human being

guess i am just odd that way
what are you basing these ideas on? we dont have any complete books that date back to 2k years . not to my knowledge anyway.

irondumpty

Aug 7, 2016
THE HOLY SPIRIT is the truest, highest, and greatest manifestation of Gods person.

One who knowingly insults Him will not be forgiven because they insult the highest form of God

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
irondumpty said:
THE HOLY SPIRIT is the truest, highest, and greatest manifestation of Gods person.
One who knowingly insults Him will not be forgiven because they insult the highest form of God
The bible doesn't say why it is unforgivable, but I don't think it is because the Holy Spirit is greater. John 16:13

I contribute it to a technicality. You can't make a call if your phone is disconnected.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
jaybird said:
what are you basing these ideas on? we dont have any complete books that date back to 2k years . not to my knowledge anyway.
the Cathlic Church has all kinds of ancient books

but even if they didn't, they have the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist

only those who are at one with the Church can receive the Eucharist (Catholics in unconfessed mortal sin cannot either) , but anyone off the street can enter a Church and enjoy Christ's Real presence

:)

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
irondumpty said:

what kind of God do you serve who cannot take some negative sounding words??

you people are good for me, you remind me of what i have...

irondumpty

Aug 7, 2016
Everyone is guessing. Some make good points but still guess.

There is a correct answer to every question one can ask. Though I do not know everything, I do know that my answer was correct and it is the truth.

The Father is on a throne, THE SPIRIT is everywhere:
Who is the greater in location?

Yeshua was human and before that the Logos:
Who is He the manifestation of? And if flesh (one earth) who is more powerful, flesh or SPIRIT?

The father exists within heavenly time. THE SPIRIT exists apart from time:
Who is greater over time?

The Father and Son are in heaven and THE SPIRIT is within us:
Who is greater within us personally?

The SPIRIT of God is higher, most transcendent, and less bound by time space and limitations.

He is who God truly and completely is at His highest and most transcendent

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
irondumpty said:
Don't know where you heard that from.

irondumpty said:
The SPIRIT of God is higher, most transcendent, and less bound by time space and limitations.
Yet you can see a manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the Shekinah glory.

John 6:46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
irondumpty said:
Everyone is guessing. Some make good points but still guess.

There is a correct answer to every question one can ask. Though I do not know everything, I do know that my answer was correct and it is the truth.

The Father is on a throne, THE SPIRIT is everywhere:
Who is the greater in location?

Yeshua was human and before that the Logos:
Who is He the manifestation of? And if flesh (one earth) who is more powerful, flesh or SPIRIT?

The Father and Son are in heaven and THE SPIRIT is within us:
Who is greater within us personally?

He is who God truly and completely is at His highest and most transcendent
i see no actual answer

the answer is that the Holy Spirit is the One who leads us to Jesus Christ and His Church

to ignore that is to blashpheme, but i speak of ignoring it willfully and all through life and through the death process, never repenting... To never repent (to reject God's forgiveness of one's sins) is the unforgivable sin, just as the Church teaches

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ScaliaFan said:
the answer is that the Holy Spirit is the One who leads us to Jesus Christ and His Church

to ignore that is to blashpheme, but i speak of ignoring it willfully and all through life and through the death process, never repenting... To never repent (to reject God's forgiveness of one's sins) is the unforgivable sin, just as the Church teaches
Not what the Bible teaches. John 6:44;
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
Clearly the Father and the Holy Spirit are not the same, so you either don't believe what the RCC teaches or you don't know what it teaches.

Again, not what the Bible teaches. Mark 3:28-29;
"I tell you the truth, people will be forgiven for all sins, even all the blasphemies they utter. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin.”
Ignoring is not blaspheming, ignoring is simply that ignoring. Blaspheming is close to what the Pharisees did when they said that He cast out demons by Beelzebub when in fact it was by the Holy Spirit that He cast the demons out.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
ScaliaFan said:
the Cathlic Church has all kinds of ancient books

but even if they didn't, they have the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist

only those who are at one with the Church can receive the Eucharist (Catholics in unconfessed mortal sin cannot either) , but anyone off the street can enter a Church and enjoy Christ's Real presence

:)
my cousin jimmy joe says he has every ancient book that ever existed, but until i can see one and put my hands on it, they are nothing but thoughts in his head.

are you really Catholic? i have friends and family that are and you act nothing like them.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
jaybird said:
are you really Catholic? i have friends and family that are and you act nothing like them.
well, that means nothing unless u tell me how i am different from them