Blasphemed God's Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Danguy97

May 20, 2023
Hamilton Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My name is Daniel and I am a 26-year-old Christian who has been struggling with blasphemy for the past 5 years. Recently it got worse and I spoke what was on my mind or going on internally. Not just once, but 5 times. And my heart feels all contorted now. And I regret it and feel sad. Yet God still speaks to me. Am I guilty?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My name is Daniel and I am a 26-year-old Christian who has been struggling with blasphemy for the past 5 years. Recently it got worse and I spoke what was on my mind or going on internally. Not just once, but 5 times. And my heart feels all contorted now. And I regret it and feel sad. Yet God still speaks to me. Am I guilty?
I think if you still have the Holy Spirit then you're probably OK. People with mental health problems often have a blasphemy problem and I'm sure God is justly judging them, which might be more harsh if they weren't mentally ill.

Reactions: Nancy and Selah

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hello Daniel. I'm now 30 and around your age I also struggled with blasphemous thoughts against the Holy Spirit. It started when I was spending a lot more time with God. But now I'm already past that very difficult stage and now at peace with God. Do you remember how it started? The good news is there is definitely a deliverance from it. This is happening for a reason, and actually for good if you will continue seeking God, it's a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: Selah and Danguy97

Danguy97

May 20, 2023
Hamilton Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Daniel. I'm now 30 and around your age I also struggled with blasphemous thoughts against the Holy Spirit. It started when I was spending a lot more time with God. But now I'm already past that very difficult stage and now at peace with God. Do you remember how it started? The good news is there is definitely a deliverance from it. This is happening for a reason, and actually for good if you will continue seeking God, it's a blessing in disguise.
Hi sheariah07, it started 5 years ago in 2018 when a force hit me in my bedroom and ever since then my mind has been obsessed with blasphemy - even to the point that I would have blasphemous dreams which I hate. It has taken over my life and now I think it has gotten to my heart because I would touch my heart and then my mouth would speak blasphemies even though I would be trying to say the opposite. I really don't want to be without Jesus - I can't even imagine life without Him. He was filled with God's Power and Spirit. I hope my heart is not blaspheming.

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hi sheariah07, it started 5 years ago in 2018 when a force hit me in my bedroom and ever since then my mind has been obsessed with blasphemy - even to the point that I would have blasphemous dreams which I hate. It has taken over my life and now I think it has gotten to my heart because I would touch my heart and then my mouth would speak blasphemies even though I would be trying to say the opposite. I really don't want to be without Jesus - I can't even imagine life without Him. He was filled with God's Power and Spirit. I hope my heart is not blaspheming.
Hi Daniel. Thanks for sharing! That definitely sounds strange, at least to me, but may I ask if you've been reading the bible and since it's been 5 years already, I wonder if there were things you tried to do to remove it, or did you ever ask God to remove it from you?

Reactions: Selah and Danguy97

Danguy97

May 20, 2023
Hamilton Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Daniel. Thanks for sharing! That definitely sounds strange, at least to me, but may I ask if you've been reading the bible and since it's been 5 years already, I wonder if there were things you tried to do to remove it, or did you ever ask God to remove it from you?
Yes I have been to deliverance ministries and be prayed over and it would go away but come back. Am I truly guilty?

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yes I have been to deliverance ministries and be prayed over and it would go away but come back. Am I truly guilty?
I don't think so, really. To me, it happened to the purpose that I would draw nearer to God, to seek his righteousness and his kingdom, until I have found it. I truly believe God wants you to do that as well, to seek his will alone and learn what he teaches you. Have you tested yourself whether you are in the faith? That's a very important question a Christian must ask.

You said you don't want to be separated from Jesus, then certainly seek his face. While these tormenting thoughts abuse you, the more you must cast yourself to Jesus.

Though people might pray over you, it is still your personal relationship with the Lord that's important here. It is just between you and the Lord. Only he can set you free from that bondage. Go to Jesus in utter helplessness and ask him to save you. It most probably has been 5 years long of struggle because you haven't learned your lesson yet.

Reactions: Selah

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many good answers have been given. Yes, continue to repent and seek God with all your heart. Ask for His help. Our Father in heaven will always forgive.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

- 1 John 1:9 (KJV)

Reactions: Lambano

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

- Psalm 51:17 (KJV)
IMG_4495.gif

Reactions: Lambano

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God forgives us when we repent of our sin.

Reactions: MatthewG

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

If you are born again, then don't worry about it.

Think of it like this...

Lets say you have a child.

One day they are older, and one day they are an adult.
Can they say anything that stops them from being your child?
Can they do anything that can stop them from being yours?

You made them.
They came out of your body and into this world.
So, that birth of them, as yours, .. can't be ended, by their behavior or their words.

When we are born again, God had BIRTHED us, as His Son/Daughter.......and we remain so by Spiritual = BIRTH.
Later on.......If we are not perfect, if we are not good, or if we are wonderful people, ... that has no bearing on us being BORN of God.

See that?

Our behavior didn't cause God to take us, and our behavior after we are BORN.....again, by God, has no effect on our Spiritual Birth.

You can never stop being a Child of God as this is a BIRTH, and you can't end a Birth.... as its already completed.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
it started 5 years ago in 2018 when a force hit me in my bedroom and ever since then my mind has been obsessed with blasphemy - even to the point that I would have blasphemous dreams which I hate. It has taken over my life and now I think it has gotten to my heart because I would touch my heart and then my mouth would speak blasphemies even though I would be trying to say the opposite. I really don't want to be without Jesus - I can't even imagine life without Him. He was filled with God's Power and Spirit. I hope my heart is not blaspheming.

@Danguy97 - what happened in your life prior to that force incident in your bedroom? what were you doing at the time or watching or reading or perhaps, what music were you listening to?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, probably not. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is where you call the things of the holy spirit - evil.

You can be forgiven of that by denying the notion that the Holy Spirit is evil and turning towards God - ( I believe it is only not forgiven by not doing so.)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren't specific. Blasphemy means you did or said something
that was greatly disrespectful to God.
For instance the Pharisees blaphemed the Holy Spirit by stating that Jesus was performing miracles by the power of Satan. They pretty much said He was Satan or that the God empowering Him ( the Holy Spirit) was Satan. That was a severe charge against God and unforgivable.
I doubt that you made that charge against God.
We are guilty of sinning against God thousands of times, but Jesus has forgiven us - if you believe He died for your sins and rose on the third day? People say things in anger when things don't go their way, even raising their voice to God in frustration, venting. We grieve the Holy Spirit by the things we do and say, but blaspheming the Holy Spirit is a most severe charge. People may pray for something and God doesn’t readily answer their prayer or says NO! We are disappointment, impatient and say things disrespectful, dishonoring God, but a true Christian will no believe and make the charge that He is Satan.