Blessings via obedience....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 28:2 (NKJV)
“And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘shall.... overtake........ because.... obey..’

One does not need to worry about being blessed by God.... For as one obeys, will the blessings from above overtake them.. One need not look for them, the blessings themselves will look and the blessings themselves will find that one....

This is the way it is with all those that are His... Obedience brings blessings.. This, all those that have been His for a season have tasted.... There have been times of obedience and times of disobedience... Both have been experienced and the fruit of both have been tasted...

Just as one did not have to look for the fruit of disobedience, that fruit itself found them... Even the more will the fruit of obedience seek out and find the one to whom obedience is found in..

For God does chastise, but does so begrudgingly, but not so with His blessings... His blessings He pours out abundantly, for God is good and that goodness that is, He Himself, He longs to share with all to the capacity the child is capable of receiving...

‘Oh, do good and live, says the God of Love and see if I Myself do not pour out a blessing upon you the likes your heart can only dream of...’

To him who’s heart bears witness, let that heart rejoice in the One who loves that heart.. For He most certainly does...

Be blessed all in the blessings that come via obedience...

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: Philip James

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Father,
For the sake of His obedience to Your will,
Have mercy on us,
And on the whole world!

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 28:2 (NKJV)
“And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘shall.... overtake........ because.... obey..’

One does not need to worry about being blessed by God.... For as one obeys, will the blessings from above overtake them.. One need not look for them, the blessings themselves will look and the blessings themselves will find that one....

This is the way it is with all those that are His... Obedience brings blessings.. This, all those that have been His for a season have tasted.... There have been times of obedience and times of disobedience... Both have been experienced and the fruit of both have been tasted...

Just as one did not have to look for the fruit of disobedience, that fruit itself found them... Even the more will the fruit of obedience seek out and find the one to whom obedience is found in..

For God does chastise, but does so begrudgingly, but not so with His blessings... His blessings He pours out abundantly, for God is good and that goodness that is, He Himself, He longs to share with all to the capacity the child is capable of receiving...

‘Oh, do good and live, says the God of Love and see if I Myself do not pour out a blessing upon you the likes your heart can only dream of...’

To him who’s heart bears witness, let that heart rejoice in the One who loves that heart.. For He most certainly does...

Be blessed all in the blessings that come via obedience...

A fellow believer, Not me
Deuteronomy 28 speaks of obedience of the Old Covenant Laws of which those of us who are Gentiles(who do not live in the land of Canaan) were never bound to, to begin with. Those of the Old Covenant are of a different Kingdom, the Kingdom of Canaan(Israel), whereas we who are of Jesus Christ are of the Kingdom of God.

Deuteronomy 30
15 “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16 I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17 But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18 you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

19 “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20 You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”

Those of us who are of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, are instead commanded to accept(trust) and obey the teachings/commandments of t Jesus Christ, the Gospel of The Kingdom of God.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 28 speaks of obedience of the Old Covenant Laws of which those of us who are Gentiles(who do not live in the land of Canaan) were never bound to, to begin with. Those of the Old Covenant are of a different Kingdom, the Kingdom of Canaan(Israel), whereas we who are of Jesus Christ are of the Kingdom of God.

Deuteronomy 30
15 “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16 I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17 But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18 you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

19 “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20 You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”

Those of us who are of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, are instead commanded to accept(trust) and obey the teachings/commandments of t Jesus Christ, the Gospel of The Kingdom of God.

Be blessed as your heart bears witness with the Spirit of Christ in you, and may that relationship grow to fill all...

In the Beloved, Not me