'Blood of Jesus'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gadar perets said:

Then I confess my sin and ask for forgiveness through Yeshua's shed blood. Then I endeavor to not commit the same sin again (repentance).

Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

For another thread... Tell me where in the Gospels you found Jesus' 'shed blood'...

folks; by these postings and others, GerhardEbersoehn is clearly anti-Christ and tells us he is Christian. therefore he's a liar from the get-go. why entertain his attempts to deceive. surly a believer need no knowledge on how not to believe. nor does he come here to learn what to believe.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The pierce wound aside, Jesus still bled even when nails were put through his hands and feet, and the crown of thorns stuck on his head. And also the flogging, would have caused stripes.

It would be unusual had he not bled, and that would be noted in the gospels.

Reactions: Nomad

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gadar perets said:
Then I confess my sin and ask for forgiveness through Yeshua's shed blood. Then I endeavor to not commit the same sin again (repentance).
For another thread... Tell me where in the Gospels you found Jesus' 'shed blood'...
HOGWASH.

Jesus's Passion began at the Last Supper.
AFTER supper, he went to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray - and THIS is what it says:
Luke 22:44
“And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.”

The next day, Jesus was taken to the pillar ans scourged.
Isaiah 53:5
“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his STRIPES we are healed.”
"Stripes" refers to the bleeding caused by the whipping.

The Bible says that He shed blood when pierced through the side (John 19:34).

YOU
can whine all you want about "water and blood" not referring to actual bleeding - but it just shows how far a person will go to advance a perverse agenda like yours.

Reactions: Nomad

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
And what is that agenda, because a teaching that denies Jesus shed his blood sounds like a snare trap from the pits of hell.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
sure does, huh. But you're grownup enough now to understand why ppl like BoL might need an Icon that is angry, easily angered, i guess. I'd put that differently but i doubt he will ever read this anyway, and certainly no offense meant here ok, i can relate and empathize and all that, he is just the illustration for the spirit
gadar perets said:

nice. won't be popular i guess, but real lessons never are.
I got as far as "Why have you forsaken Me" with this, and got a totally diff answer to that too
but as you are discovering, it is difficult to discuss objectively.

no Son of Man may die for another's sins; the soul that sins shall die

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And what is that agenda, because a teaching that denies Jesus shed his blood sounds like a snare trap from the pits of hell.
yes, but fwiw i can testify that this will not take you away from Christ ok

I desire mercy, not sacrifice

what it will do is lead you away from Jesus cults and Nehushtan worship
and toward pick up your cross and follow Me

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
yes, but fwiw i can testify that this will not take you away from Christ ok

I desire mercy, not sacrifice

what it will do is lead you away from Jesus cults and Nehushtan worship
and toward pick up your cross and follow Me

The Nehushtan was a foreshadowing of Christ, just as were the garments God gave to Adam and Eve. Do you go around naked? Nvm forget I asked.

Jesus sacrifice is necessary, regardless of what is desired. Hebrews 9:22

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Nehushtan was a foreshadowing of Christ, just as were the garments God gave to Adam and Eve. Do you go around naked? Nvm forget I asked.
Nehushtan is prolly not a good way to worship Christ, even if it is a phase we all do prolly
that is what we are taught by wolves, yes, but understand that the purpose here is more revelation, not less ok. No Son of Man may die for your sins, and this has not changed. I can relate that NT also if you prefer, and we could discuss it. I know this seems sacrilegious, but it is not. You have to be willing to let go of what you think you know, what you have been taught by Strong Men here.

if it isn't for you right now, then fine i certainly understand tho.
God will not zap you for looking

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
according to the law, yes.
New International Version
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

New Living Translation
In fact, according to the law of Moses, nearly everything was purified with blood. For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.

English Standard Version
Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Berean Study Bible
According to the Law, in fact, nearly everything must be purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Berean Literal Bible
And almost all things are purified with blood according to the Law, and apart from blood-shedding there is no forgiveness.

New American Standard Bible
And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

King James Bible
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Christian Standard Bible
According to the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Jesus sacrifice was to "draw men unto Him," which you might note the story put in the Bible does just fine, see, you never asked for proof or anything right. Turn back while you still can lol, bc the truth is gonna mess you up ok

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
according to the law, yes.
New International Version
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

New Living Translation
In fact, according to the law of Moses, nearly everything was purified with blood. For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.

English Standard Version
Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Berean Study Bible
According to the Law, in fact, nearly everything must be purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Berean Literal Bible
And almost all things are purified with blood according to the Law, and apart from blood-shedding there is no forgiveness.

New American Standard Bible
And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

King James Bible
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Christian Standard Bible
According to the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Jesus sacrifice was to "draw men unto Him," which you might note the story put in the Bible does just fine, see, you never asked for proof or anything right. Turn back while you still can lol, bc the truth is gonna mess you up ok

The animal sacifice and purification rituals with it point to Christ. Though they didn't know it at the time. Jesus fulfilled the law by his sacrifice.

The wolfs would like us to stray from the shepherd's reach.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The animal sacifice and purification rituals with it point to Christ. Though they didn't know it at the time. Jesus fulfilled the law by his sacrifice.

The wolfs would like us to stray from the shepherd's reach.
The animal sacrifice and purification rituals with it point to Law, as you have already brought out.

but i am not interested in debating this with you, i understand how it feels to someone comfortable with the church doctrine.
unfortunately any forum that should welcome this discussion is overrun with atheists, and while i have touched on this subject here in the past i also recognize that it will mostly just be misconstrued as an attack on Christ, which i doubt is what the op intends.

If you want to believe that a Son of Man died for your sins, then bam do so, but you might at least consider the dichotomy.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
find Jesus as "John Doe out of Nowhere"
include the quotation marks
but this only comes together slowly ok
you got an Icon because you needed an Icon
Christ is Spirit, Christ is real
Jesus just had to be "raised up" like a Snake on a Pole
in order to draw us to Him
i know this wastes everything you believe, so, sorry

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm flabbergasted. I honestly don't know what to say. This thread has not only gone off the rails, it has crashed and burned.
well i could Quote the verse again if you like, it hasn't gone away or anything yet. But i will say that i already said more than i intended, i am still more easily goaded by a finger in the chest than i thought lol; i even came to take that down last night but i was delayed. You might consider that a way to perceive God, with drawbacks, like any other way, if you like.

Forrest and you are fine examples of someone who is manifesting Christ right where he is at imo, and i'm sure we could agree that
"He must increase, and i must decrease." that is the part that matters to me at least.

how you came to believe that the part of you that is so obviously meant to "decrease" is the same part that might be invited to live forever in Valhalla or any other place after you die, despite all of the Scripture to the contrary, is for you guys to reflect upon in your own way. Beliefs do not save anyone, beliefs are not the standard God uses, and we are plainly Told, in many ways, to not contend over beliefs.

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
well i could Quote the verse again if you like, it hasn't gone away or anything yet. But i will say that i already said more than i intended, i am still more easily goaded by a finger in the chest than i thought lol; i even came to take that down last night but i was delayed. You might consider that a way to perceive God, with drawbacks, like any other way, if you like.

Forrest and you are fine examples of someone who is manifesting Christ right where he is at imo, and i'm sure we could agree that
"He must increase, and i must decrease." that is the part that matters to me at least.

how you came to believe that the part of you that is so obviously meant to "decrease" is the same part that might be invited to live forever in Valhalla or any other place after you die, despite all of the Scripture to the contrary, is for you guys to reflect upon in your own way. Beliefs do not save anyone, beliefs are not the standard God uses, and we are plainly Told, in many ways, to not contend over beliefs.

21He said to them, “Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don’t you put it on its stand? 22For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. 23If anyone has ears to hear, let them hear.”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
21He said to them, “Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don’t you put it on its stand? 22For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. 23If anyone has ears to hear, let them hear.”
hmm, not sure why you invoke this? i say that bc i can make it apply about 3 diff ways :)

being as i hope to not come back here i'll say that this really has made very little difference in my walk, although you might think it would completely explode my faith in Christ or whatever. And to be clear i do not even know if all of the implications i posted are true, ok; they are a reflection, a perception, possibly culminating only in breaking up Jesus as Nehushtan

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BY FAITH of course, NOT meant literally, clearly!
this is the first time i have paid attention to this "blood" avenue, i think someone tried to expound on it a couple years ago to me but i wasn't ready...and fwiw there is more ammo in this gun, too, but i guess enough has been said already. It's apparently just something that quite a few people are confronted with at some point in their studies, i dunno about you but i certainly wasn't looking for this, it just keeps coming up, from various angles.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The pierce wound aside, Jesus still bled even when nails were put through his hands and feet, and the crown of thorns stuck on his head. And also the flogging, would have caused stripes.

It would be unusual had he not bled, and that would be noted in the gospels.
yet as was pointed out you have a curious lack of actual blood, only descriptions of its power, etc. as for the stuff above, they are symbolic, and the real explanations are spiritual, and even "duh" obvious believe it or not

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seemingly what was shed on us that made the difference was the Holy Ghost:

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;" Titus 3:5-6

What was the Life blood which was poured out on all flesh?

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit." Joel 2:28-29

Consider that with what Paul wrote here:

" [God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

Consider again what is reality and what is simply symbolic or types and shadows.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen