BORN AGAIN, A CHANGE IN BODY NOT IN MIND

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted a OT scripture which was before God came to earth as a man.

v1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

v14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Let’s take a closer look to try and better explain this, let's start in Genesis, because that's where the one who became known as Jesus can be seen first. (Gen. 1: 1) It said that; "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." But (John 1: 1-3,-10, 14) states" in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. (v.2) The same was in the beginning with God. (v. 3) All things were made by him; (the Word) and without him was not any thing made that was made. (v.10) He was in the world and the world was made by him.

We all know that one of Jesus many names is the Word of God. (Rev. 19:13) So who created the world, was it God? Was it the Word (Jesus)? Yes! They are one in the same (v.14) And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth. Yes the WORD that was in the beginning with God, was God and was made flesh and dwelt among man. That's why Jesus said give me the glory I HAD WITH THEE BEFORE THE WORLD WAS, that was in the beginning. (John 17: 5)

Let's move on to (Ex. 3:13-14) And Moses said unto God Behold when I come unto the children of Israel and shall say unto them. The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you: and they shall say unto me, what is his name? What shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel I am hath sent me unto you. Now Moses asked a direct question and God gave him a direct answer that's very clear.

Let's take a look at; (John 8:56-59) When Jesus was speaking to some of the Jews saying (v.56) Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him (Jesus) thou are not yet fifty years old and hast thou seen Abraham. Now listen closely how Jesus answered. Jesus said unto them verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was I am. I am, not I will be, or I was, but I am. That's forever present, the one who became known as Jesus was always around, he is the member of the Godhead that became known as the Son. In the beginning there was no Father or Son just God, or Godhead or God family, God is translated from the Hebrew word Elohim, a uniplural word. Like the word man, it covers the species male and female. (Gen. 1:27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; MALE AND FEMALE CREATED HE THEM.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, praise Jesus.
Here is an in depth teaching on this phrase, " the hour is coming and now is":

["In the synoptics the ministry of Jesus takes place in Galilee, and he is in Jerusalem only for the last week of his life. In According to John his ministry takes place mostly in Jerusalem...

In the synoptic gospels Jesus pronounces apocalyptic discourses that predict the future signs and the characteristics of the times just before the coming of the Son of Man in glory. In According to John apocalyptic discourses are not part of the teaching of Jesus. Even more importantly, the present already contains what apocalypticists expect in the future...
Already in Jerusalem for the Passover, Jesus announces, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified” (12: 23) ...

Since the disciples are supposed to identify themselves with their master, it is not surprising that one day their hour will also arrive. To prevent their becoming disoriented when their hour arrives, Jesus warns them: “the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God . . . But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you of them” (16: 2, 4)...

When a woman is in travail she has sorrow, because her hour has come;
but she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a child is born into the world” (16: 21).
The “hour” of the woman is the hour of giving birth to “a man” (anthropos). It would seem, then, that “the hour” is when a person’s reason for living is revealed -- when one’s purpose is exposed. When certain Greeks who have come to Jerusalem to worship at Passover ask Philip: “Sir, we would see Jesus”, Philip does not know what to do with this request and consults with Andrew. Then both present the request to Jesus. The reaction of Jesus is: “Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, for this purpose I have come to this hour” (12: 27).
Father, the hour has come; glorify thy Son” (17: 1). The purpose for his being in the world had to be accomplished...

It is after his resurrection and after he has breathed on the disciples the Holy Spirit (20: 22), that Christians can worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth (4: 23). “The hour is coming, and now is,” when true worshippers, the type of worshippers the Father seeks, will adore effectively. The temple of the true worshippers is the temple of his body (2: 21). It is the temple of the Risen Christ.
Likewise, it is after his resurrection that “the hour is coming, and now is” when “the dead” hear the voice of the Son of Man and those who hear it pass from death to life (5: 25). Verse 28 then contrasts these “dead” with those who are in their tombs. Those who hear, those of faith, need to see the glorified Jesus who in this way brought eternal life to the world. Those dead in sin need not wait till harvest time. Eternal life is already a reality among Christians."]

[Edited from
Spectrum Magazine, "The Hour is coming and now is"]
That verse I quoted in John 5 is talking about the physical dead in the grave, not spiritual dead. There's other verses in the Bible that speaks about the spiritual dead. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s take a closer look to try and better explain this, let's start in Genesis, because that's where the one who became known as Jesus can be seen first. (Gen. 1: 1) It said that; "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." But (John 1: 1-3,-10, 14) states" in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. (v.2) The same was in the beginning with God. (v. 3) All things were made by him; (the Word) and without him was not any thing made that was made. (v.10) He was in the world and the world was made by him.

We all know that one of Jesus many names is the Word of God. (Rev. 19:13) So who created the world, was it God? Was it the Word (Jesus)? Yes! They are one in the same (v.14) And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth. Yes the WORD that was in the beginning with God, was God and was made flesh and dwelt among man. That's why Jesus said give me the glory I HAD WITH THEE BEFORE THE WORLD WAS, that was in the beginning. (John 17: 5)

Let's move on to (Ex. 3:13-14) And Moses said unto God Behold when I come unto the children of Israel and shall say unto them. The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you: and they shall say unto me, what is his name? What shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel I am hath sent me unto you. Now Moses asked a direct question and God gave him a direct answer that's very clear.

Let's take a look at; (John 8:56-59) When Jesus was speaking to some of the Jews saying (v.56) Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him (Jesus) thou are not yet fifty years old and hast thou seen Abraham. Now listen closely how Jesus answered. Jesus said unto them verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was I am. I am, not I will be, or I was, but I am. That's forever present, the one who became known as Jesus was always around, he is the member of the Godhead that became known as the Son. In the beginning there was no Father or Son just God, or Godhead or God family, God is translated from the Hebrew word Elohim, a uniplural word. Like the word man, it covers the species male and female. (Gen. 1:27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; MALE AND FEMALE CREATED HE THEM.

Excellent Post and you are almost 100% correct = but a little off at your ending statement "In the beginning there was no Father or Son just God"

There has always been 3 = THEY are called ELOHIM(plural) from the Beginning in Genesis

ELOHIM(plural) are the "Let US, make man in OUR Image, according to OUR Likeness" = spoken 3 times

Genesis from the very start/Beginning establishes this and then builds on it and CLEARLY confirms FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT in Genesis.

Peace Bro-Tan

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That verse I quoted in John 5 is talking about the physical dead in the grave, not spiritual dead. There's other verses in the Bible that speaks about the spiritual dead. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to
Take counsel, guidance and love from the Holy Spirit.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent Post and you are almost 100% correct = but a little off at your ending statement "In the beginning there was no Father or Son just God"

There has always been 3 = THEY are called ELOHIM(plural) from the Beginning in Genesis

ELOHIM(plural) are the "Let US, make man in OUR Image, according to OUR Likeness" = spoken 3 times

Genesis from the very start/Beginning establishes this and then builds on it and CLEARLY confirms FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT in Genesis.

Peace Bro-Tan
The Bible only talks about the Father and the Son. Show me were you see three?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible only talks about the Father and the Son. Show me were you see three?

Genesis is the Foundation for the Gospel and the Gospel is only Complete in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Without the Father/Son/Holy Spirit you have no Gospel of God/Elohim.

It begins here: Genesis 1:26 "Let US, make man in OUR Image, according to OUR Likeness" = spoken 3 times

Elohim is the correct Hebrew word used in Scripture for 'God'

Elohim is plural and literally means Gods - plural

Because Elohim is One/Echad(United) it is tranlsted as a Single Entity = God

Elohim FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT are found in Genesis chapters 12 -28

Peace

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis is the Foundation for the Gospel and the Gospel is only Complete in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Without the Father/Son/Holy Spirit you have no Gospel of God/Elohim.

It begins here: Genesis 1:26 "Let US, make man in OUR Image, according to OUR Likeness" = spoken 3 times

Elohim is the correct Hebrew word used in Scripture for 'God'

Elohim is plural and literally means Gods - plural

Because Elohim is One/Echad(United) it is tranlsted as a Single Entity = God

Elohim FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT are found in Genesis chapters 12 -28

Peace
I agree with what you saying and the Bible do say For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (I John 5:7)
But let's take a look at the protocol, because we have to understand that there is an order on how things operate. The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: (Revelation 1:1)

Note what the verse says, The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him. The Father gave the revelation to Jesus. Note this, "he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John." What happened to the Holy Ghost? He is still there but, he is an holy angel not a God.

What was the record?

Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. (Revelation 1:2)

It was the word of a God. How did man receive the word? Did Jesus come down to speak to everyone? Let's see what Holy Spirit brought the word to man. He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. (Revelation 2:11)

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; to him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. (Revelation 2:17)

He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (Revelation 2:29)

What spirit brought the message?

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. (Revelation 22:16)

Note what the verse says, "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches." All I see is two in the God head.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take counsel, guidance and love from the Holy Spirit.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. (Revelation 2: 7)

"Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be you missed the memo:

There was a disagreement between the Father/Son/Holy Spirit and well the Father said "Two is company and three is a crowd" and the next thing ya know there is no Holy Spirit in Revelation.................crazy stuff going on up there with all that incense burning.

Who knows what they are burning in those bowls???

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are miss understanding the Bible, because everyone will be raise at the hour, when they hear the voice of the Son of God, and that's at the last trump.
There are two resurrections.
This is the first.( Notice that it says “many,” not “all.”)
Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

This is the second resurrection, after the thousand years. Notice that it says “all.”
a time is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,29 and will come out: those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the bad deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

At both resurrections, there will be judgement.
The first will be to honor or dishonor, as in a great house there are both vessels of honor and dishonor. Over none of these will the second death have any power.

The second resurrection will be to life or death. Some will be welcomed in who gave even a cup of water to those of the body of Christ. Some of the parables show this.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two resurrections.
This is the first.( Notice that it says “many,” not “all.”)
Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

This is the second resurrection, after the thousand years. Notice that it says “all.”
a time is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,29 and will come out: those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the bad deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

At both resurrections, there will be judgement.
The first will be to honor or dishonor, as in a great house there are both vessels of honor and dishonor. Over none of these will the second death have any power.

The second resurrection will be to life or death. Some will be welcomed in who gave even a cup of water to those of the body of Christ. Some of the parables show this.
I agree, there's two resurrection, one at the last trump and the other after the white throne Judgement. But the first resurrection is those that are keeping the Commandments, statues and Judgement now.
"Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12). True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life.
Throughout the bible we find that in order to receive eternal salvation we must keep God's commandments to the end. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, there's two resurrection, one at the last trump and the other after the white throne Judgement. But the first resurrection is those that are keeping the Commandments, statues and Judgement now.
"Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12). True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life.
Hmm…I do agree…but I also disagree…if that’s not the darnedest thing…!
Although I would need to understand exactly what you mean by the last sentence above to know if I agree with it.
All those in the first resurrection, to my current level of understanding, are everyone who has received the Holy Spirit.
This is the first resurrection, to my understanding: 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting [a]contempt.

It says “many of those who sleep” rather than “all.”
I see this as the first and I see the second as being AFTER the thousand years. So the holy rule over the righteous in the thousand years.
But there is a judgement in that first resurrection. It isnt to life or death. It is to honor or dishonor (which I believe to be the outer darkness. I don’t have a firm grasp on if the outer darkness is a purgatorial type place for those thousand years. I do think it is because of the verse that speaks of being thrown into prison and not being let out until you pay the last farthing and also the one that talks of more or less stripes.)

The outer darkness is still there at the end though, after the second resurrection and judgement…I still don’t understand so much.
Throughout the bible we find that in order to receive eternal salvation we must keep God's commandments to the end. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments.
mmm…this is difficult. Because I don’t think I look at “keeping His commandments” quite the same as you do. Not sure. It would take so much discussion. The only way to get to that keeping though is through trust. It’s through trust that we learn righteousness and have our flesh put under and even then, we still will make so many mistakes, but we are pressing to enter the kingdom now, to the prize of the high calling, to actually enter in.
Im having too many hard conservations tonight. My brain is getting tired.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm…I do agree…but I also disagree…if that’s not the darnedest thing…!
Although I would need to understand exactly what you mean by the last sentence above to know if I agree with it.
All those in the first resurrection, to my current level of understanding, are everyone who has received the Holy Spirit.
This is the first resurrection, to my understanding: 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting [a]contempt.

Let's take a look at the first resurrection.......And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4-6).

It says “many of those who sleep” rather than “all.”
I see this as the first and I see the second as being AFTER the thousand years. So the holy rule over the righteous in the thousand years.
But there is a judgement in that first resurrection. It isnt to life or death. It is to honor or dishonor (which I believe to be the outer darkness. I don’t have a firm grasp on if the outer darkness is a purgatorial type place for those thousand years. I do think it is because of the verse that speaks of being thrown into prison and not being let out until you pay the last farthing and also the one that talks of more or less stripes.)

The outer darkness is still there at the end though, after the second resurrection and judgement…I still don’t understand so much.

mmm…this is difficult. Because I don’t think I look at “keeping His commandments” quite the same as you do. Not sure. It would take so much discussion. The only way to get to that keeping though is through trust. It’s through trust that we learn righteousness and have our flesh put under and even then, we still will make so many mistakes, but we are pressing to enter the kingdom now, to the prize of the high calling, to actually enter in.
Im having too many hard conservations tonight. My brain is getting tired.
Paul concerning the unchangeable Royal Law of God. (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17)

This is God’s definition of love and it is perfect in its ways. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: And in keeping of them there is great reward. (Psalm 19: 7-11)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with what you saying and the Bible do say For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (I John 5:7)
But let's take a look at the protocol, because we have to understand that there is an order on how things operate. The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: (Revelation 1:1)

Note what the verse says, The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him. The Father gave the revelation to Jesus. Note this, "he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John." What happened to the Holy Ghost? He is still there but, he is an holy angel not a God.

What was the record?

Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. (Revelation 1:2)

It was the word of a God. How did man receive the word? Did Jesus come down to speak to everyone? Let's see what Holy Spirit brought the word to man. He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. (Revelation 2:11)

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; to him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. (Revelation 2:17)

He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (Revelation 2:29)

What spirit brought the message?

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. (Revelation 22:16)

Note what the verse says, "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches." All I see is two in the God head.
The Holy Spirit is always there in Revelation - Father/Son/Holy Spirit permeates Heaven

“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.”

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let the one who hears say, “Come!” And let the one who is thirsty come, and the one who desires the water of life drink freely.
Revelation 22:17

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Take a look at Philippians and you will see Job and Paul are on the same page.

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Now we know we must be changed physically, let's see when this will take place what type of body we will have and why. Paul will show you this in I Corinthians the 15th chapter. Take a close look and you will understand why the Lord said in John chapter 3 flesh and blood can not see the kingdom of God. Pay close attention, Paul will repeat himself several times.

I Corinthians 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

Why would Paul mention the dead being raised?

I Corinthians 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Look at verse 50, notice what it says "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God". Remembers Jesus said something similar to this in John chapter 3. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. This is the Fathers Kingdom, which Jesus spoke of. During the Lord's thousand-year reign with the saint, flesh and blood beings will still be on the earth along with spirit beings. There will be only spirit beings after the second resurrection. Remember what Nicodemus asked the Lord? He asked Him, " how could a man be born again when he was already old?" And the Lord answered by saying, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.” In order for you to be born again you must be changed into a spiritual body.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When will this take place?

51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

At the last trump, and not a second before. No one can make the statement, "I am born again" But the Lord that came down from heaven which is Jesus. He is the only one that rose from the grave and remained alive. Let’s take a look at some verses showing He is the only begotten from the dead.

Acts 13:28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. 29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. 30 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. 32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

When the Father raised him from the grave that was when He became the Son of God. Let's take a look at the 2nd Psalm.

Psalms 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Let's pursue this, so you will not have any doubt in you mind about when Jesus became the Son of God. Take a look at Romans chapter 1.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

When was he declared to be the Son of God? He was declared the Son of God at resurrection of the dead.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's take a look at a few more verse showing He is the only one that has truly been born again.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Take a look at the 12th verse. It states, "The ones that received him he gave them power to become the sons of God.” Remember that you will only become a Son of God if you follow His word. Look at the 14th verse. Notice it says he is the only begotten of the Father. What does only mean? If He is the only one born of God how can anyone make the statement they are born again. Only means only. If you are born of God you will not be able to sin any longer. Read this carefully in I John.

I John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Can anyone say they commit no sin? No! If you are born (born again) into the God family you must be a spirit being. Here is another verse stating Jesus is the only begotten son.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Now let's go to the Book of Colossians take a look at these verses. Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Notice what it says, "He is the first born from the dead, that in all things he might have the preeminence". First means first. Take a look at these verses in Romans.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

If he is the first born of many brethren what would that imply? That will let you know there are more to come. Take a look at this verse in I John. I John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Notice what's being said, "it doth not yet appear what we shall be but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is". Jesus was the first of many brethren, and those of us that walk in His law will be considered as family members. We will be able to see Him in His full strength when we are changed. If we are brethren and will receive a body like His, we have made the cut. Born again is a physical change not a change of mind. If born again was based on our mind each time we commit a sin and ask for forgiveness, we will be born again and again and again.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a look in the Book of Luke and see how the Lord compares us to the angels after the resurrection. Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

If you come up in the first resurrection you have been found worthy, and have obtained eternal life, this is when you are born again. Remember what Jesus said to Nicodemus? "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God". He also said, "I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Now read this next verse and you will understand what Jesus was saying

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

This time hasn't came to pass as of yet. You must be a spirit being to worship the Father. Now, you should understand the statement Paul made in I Corinthians chapter 15, "Flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God.” Let's go to one last set of verses.

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Take a look at the 9th verse, "shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? God the Father is the father of spirits, and in order for you to worship Him you must be a spirit. No one has been born again except the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, which is the Lord from heaven, Jesus. The people err greatly by saying they are born again, they have given themselves over seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils. They have turned their ears from the truth believing in cunningly devised fables giving themselves a false sense of security. The Pastors are the blame for this. The Pastors have scattered the sheep, and have allowed the sheep to be slaughtered. By not teaching them what thus said the Lord, but they follow doctrine of men. Read the book for yourself and don’t allow someone to kill you. Meaning the second death which is the Lake of Fire burning with brimstone were there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Remember the next life is forever, this one (meaning the flesh) is temporary.

May the Lord add a blessing to the reading of His word, in Jesus name. Amen

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange title. Totally inaccurate.

Jesus lived his entire life as our example of a born again Christian. How? He was conceived with the seed of the Father.

So are we when we are born again. Our sin nature called the old man died with Christ. Romans 6. We are a new creation. Galatians 6.

1 John 3:9
9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

That describes all of us who are born again. It also describes the life of Jesus.

Jesus was the firstborn of MANY BRETHREN (meaning us). Romans 8:29-30

Reactions: Keturah