BORN AGAIN, A CHANGE IN BODY NOT IN MIND

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange title. Totally inaccurate.

Jesus lived his entire life as our example of a born again Christian. How? He was conceived with the seed of the Father.

So are we when we are born again. Our sin nature called the old man died with Christ. Romans 6. We are a new creation. Galatians 6.

1 John 3:9
9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

That describes all of us who are born again. It also describes the life of Jesus.

Jesus was the firstborn of MANY BRETHREN (meaning us). Romans 8:29-30

Let’s jump right in a conversation that Jesus was having with a man name Nicodemus.
John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice verse 3, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. We have just learned something here. If you are not born again you can not see the kingdom of God. As we go further you will understand this. Remember there is a time for everything.

Nicodemus asked a very good question. Take a look at the next set of verses.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In verse 5, born of the water in this case is the Word of God. Notice the Lord mentions the kingdom of God again, but He adds a little more information. He says "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When he mentions spirit He means exactly that. Watch how the Lord gives something physical to describe exactly what He means.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Notice: He made a difference between flesh and spirit. Ask yourself that question, was you born flesh or spirit?

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Notice: He compared the wind to a spirit. Can you see the wind? No! We have seen things being blown around by the wind, but we have never seen the wind. If you are born of the spirit you are like the wind. This is when you are truly born again, when you are born of the spirit.

Notice: what Jesus does in these next few verses. Remember, this is after His resurrection.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Note two very important things within these verses. 1. Jesus appeared in the midst of them and the doors were shut. 2. Thomas called Him God. When Jesus came out of the grave he was born into the God family (we will have a greater understanding as we go further in this). When Thomas called Jesus God was he still a man? Take a look at this verse in the book of Numbers.

Now let's read at 1 John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s jump right in a conversation that Jesus was having with a man name Nicodemus.
John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice verse 3, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. We have just learned something here. If you are not born again you can not see the kingdom of God. As we go further you will understand this. Remember there is a time for everything.

Nicodemus asked a very good question. Take a look at the next set of verses.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In verse 5, born of the water in this case is the Word of God. Notice the Lord mentions the kingdom of God again, but He adds a little more information. He says "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When he mentions spirit He means exactly that. Watch how the Lord gives something physical to describe exactly what He means.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Notice: He made a difference between flesh and spirit. Ask yourself that question, was you born flesh or spirit?

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Notice: He compared the wind to a spirit. Can you see the wind? No! We have seen things being blown around by the wind, but we have never seen the wind. If you are born of the spirit you are like the wind. This is when you are truly born again, when you are born of the spirit.

Notice: what Jesus does in these next few verses. Remember, this is after His resurrection.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Note two very important things within these verses. 1. Jesus appeared in the midst of them and the doors were shut. 2. Thomas called Him God. When Jesus came out of the grave he was born into the God family (we will have a greater understanding as we go further in this). When Thomas called Jesus God was he still a man? Take a look at this verse in the book of Numbers.

Now let's read at 1 John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
Shorten this before I'll read it. What is the main point you are saying that goes along with your title.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shorten this before I'll read it. What is the main point you are saying that goes along with your title.
No I will not shorten it, it's your choice to read it or not. All of what I wrote needs to be understood, but if you like you can read a little at a time. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:2-4)

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I will not shorten it, it's your choice to read it or not. All of what I wrote needs to be understood, but if you like you can read a little at a time. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:2-4)
I might copy and print it. But I am an author, and I only take short breaks. I find people tend to read shorter posts about one key point. If you put ten key points in a manifesto, nobody is going to read it.

Just printed your last one and I'll read it when I go to bed and relax.

Reactions: Keturah

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted a OT scripture which was before God came to earth as a man.

v1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

v14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
The Word is eternal.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I read your post to me in bed. You could have shortened it to two words.

"I agree."

If you didn't notice, we said the same thing.

I still hate your title. We have the mind of Christ. 1 Cor. 2:16

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I read your post to me in bed. You could have shortened it to two words.

"I agree."

If you didn't notice, we said the same thing.

I still hate your title. We have the mind of Christ. 1 Cor. 2:16
Praise the lord in Jesus mighty name, for some understanding

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really... Then why does JESUS HAVE A GOD....

Let's start with REV 1:1 ... the very first verse in such a confusing book ...
In order to understand when Jesus says "My God and your God" you first need to know the Gospel beginning in Genesis.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really... Then why does JESUS HAVE A GOD....

Let's start with REV 1:1 ... the very first verse in such a confusing book ...
Because he was God in flesh, Immanuel "God with us". Speaking to, teaching, fellow Jews versed in the Bible and Messianic prophecies.

Speaking, teaching, in kinship language, "my God....", .So they would relate to his learned wisdom on equal footing as rabbi to students.

Had he said, "I God say to you...." , he would have lost them for the blasphemy that would have brought to their minds first.

As we know, when the Sanhedrin illegally tried Jesus their charge of blasphemy was because he imparted to them that he was the Father.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with @1stCenturyLady
the title is inaccurate or better yet false.

Repentance is a CHANGE in HEART & MIND from rejecting God's saving grace; has nothing to do with the body.

So many think they are teachers when themselves NEED to be taught by the
Spirit !Screenshot_20230307-164006~2.png

Reactions: David in NJ

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROMANS CHAPTER 8 KJV

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.