Born Again and Baptism of the Holy Spirit Experience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've been wondering lately about when one has their born again experience, is it accompanied by the Baptism of the Holy Spirit? Or is the Baptism a later event? I recently seen mentioned a "second blessing" experience on this forum, and it has opened up questions. Thoughts? Especially based on your personal experience.

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been wondering lately about when one has their born again experience, is it accompanied by the Baptism of the Holy Spirit? Or is the Baptism a later event? I recently seen mentioned a "second blessing" experience on this forum, and it has opened up questions. Thoughts? Especially based on your personal experience.
Personally I believe rebirth happens being baptized into Christ, which I believe is the same as baptism in the Spirit.

I've had fillings of the Spirit after that, which were powerful events, and someone could easily think it was being baptized in the Spirit. I believe we can receive any number of fillings like that.

If we think, being born again, that we don't have power while we wait to be baptized in the Spirit, maybe we will not be reaching out to take hold of what God has intended for us.

Much love!

Reactions: Azim

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts on this usually take me to some of these verses:

Mr 8:22And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
Mr 8:23And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
Mr 8:24And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
Mr 8:25After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.
Two touches by Jesus for that man to have improved vision, but how about our vision?

Remember the words of Paul here:

1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
When is then for each of us?

1jo 3:2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
As believers, each of us sees Jesus now, but how clear is our vision? Has it improved since we first believed? Mine has, but am I seeing him now completely "as He is"?

Are we perfect now as is the Father?

Mt 5:48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect
What does that mean... even as your Father... is perfect?

Consider Jesus:

Lu 2:52And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Jesus increased during his time as a man of flesh living among us. Have we? Should we be increasing toward the perfection of the Father?

Consider now the words of John th Baptist:

Joh 3:30He must increase, but I must decrease.
Could that mean the new man of increasing and the old man of me decreasing? Should we properly nourishing the new man while killing the old man? What proper nourishment?
Joh 6:53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Joh 6:54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

• Love

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm unsure about the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I have felt the spirit with massive power of Holy Ghost. But I'm not sure that is baptism.