Born Again or Christian? Is there a difference and what is your biblical support ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the initiator and if it’s his will that my Son is Born Again he will be...there is no choice in the matter....
God does it all.....those who has chosen and predestined to become his sheep...the Born Again.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand
lol

So you will not give your son the gospel.

thats sad

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can a person trust Jesus, even if they've never had a definitive experience that they can point to and say, "Yes, this is when I became spiritually regenerated. This is when I was "born from above"?

This is one of the issues I've had with the Evangelical culture's focus on being "born again". You can trust Jesus to save you all you want, but if you haven't been "born again", you're going to hell. Sucks to be you, don't it?
I know when I was born again.

If someone does not know when. I would ask if..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think @Red Baker was nearly there with his comments but they may have got a bit muddled.

He said, "All true Christians are born again, not all born again are Christian in the true sense of the meaning of Christians."

I think what he may have meant is, All true Christians are born again, but not all who call themselves Christian are born again. So are not Christians in the true sense.

And apologies to red Baker if I misunderstood.
If this is true I appologize

Reactions: Pearl

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
lol

So you will not give your son the gospel.

thats sad
God, will make him Born Again if it’s his will.., he knows all about Jesus...and that’s all he needs to know...as I’ve already explained,God is the initiator and he does the whole process, by his mighty power..he’s called the Holy Spirit.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all true...but, it must be understood in its proper context Born Again then we are redeemed,justified,Sanctified, washed and atoned..adopted then we are sealed by his Spirit ..not before I’m afraid.

You left the most imperative part out, “ Born Again of imperishable seed “....you have put the cart before the horse.
did I say I was not born again yet?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God, will make him Born Again if it’s his will.., he knows all about Jesus...and that’s all he needs to know...as I’ve already explained,God is the initiator and he does the whole process, by his mighty power..he’s called the Holy Spirit.
You should be ashamed that you will not give your son the gospel.

God said go make disciples of all nations. He said the gospel will be preached to all nations.

You are failing your son.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove it then...as you have just voiced once again your opinion....post scripture to support your opinion please.
anything you do not agree with this is your response.

I am done trying to help you understand.. I have put you in my prayers. and now I have your son in my prayers. that God will send someone to give him the gospel.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you know that how?
Because I called out to Jesus and asked for him to apply his gift to me. I looked to the cross. and confessed my guilt.. I placed my faith in him. I ate the bread from heaven..

How did you get born again? and how do you know you are?

Reactions: Pearl

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
anything you do not agree with this is your response.

I am done trying to help you understand.. I have put you in my prayers. and now I have your son in my prayers. that God will send someone to give him the gospel.
You have done nothing to help me...you just sow confusion, because everything you say and post regarding scripture, imo...is way out of context..you have been picked up on it a number of times, by other members...and it’s true what they say,imo.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because I called out to Jesus and asked for him to apply his gift to me. I looked to the cross. and confessed my guilt.. I placed my faith in him. I ate the bread from heaven..

How did you get born again? and how do you know you are?
That’s not being Born of the Spirit...God does not say that is how we are Born Again....those are your words.you do not choose to become Born Again...that is not in Gods word...

I’ve already posted how I was Born Again as Jesus explains to Nicodemus. I also explained how the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children..all biblical.