Britney Spears Prayer Chain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

billiefan2000

Dec 22, 2007
pray Britney Spears comes to know Jesus in her lifeRomans 10:13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
You know what Britney Spears isn't the only person who needs our prayers.lets pray that all celebrities will be able to look outside materialistic things see God, and start livingyour brother in christRyan Fitz

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Letsgofishing;29293)
You know what Britney Spears isn't the only person who needs our prayers.lets pray that all celebrities will be able to look outside materialistic things see God, and start livingyour brother in christRyan Fitz
Why stop there? Seriously when praying for people we don't personally know I usually like to pray for all Non-Christians can come to know christ (I know not all of them will but still), and I pray for strength for all Christians. You know get everybody in there.

Sibotash

Dec 28, 2007
So Britney gets all these prayers because so many people know her and some little unknown child starving in Africa doesn't get such special treatment as he/she is not a celebrity? If God exists, he/she certainly would know who to give "priority" to, regardless of how many prayers someone gets! Surely God doesn't need humans to tell him/her whom to help? Am I missing something here???

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Your prayers are answered Dr Phil to the rescue~~~~~ just read it on drudge report.com

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Sibotash;29485)
So Britney gets all these prayers because so many people know her and some little unknown child starving in Africa doesn't get such special treatment as he/she is not a celebrity? If God exists, he/she certainly would know who to give "priority" to, regardless of how many prayers someone gets! Surely God doesn't need humans to tell him/her whom to help? Am I missing something here???
You must have missed my post earlier about praying for everybody. We are suppost to pray, we pray to God about the things concerning us in our hearts. And most of the time that ends up being people. But you do have a point, God already knows who needs help without us praying for them, even if everyone prayed just for Britney Spears God would still be watching over the child in Africa. Our prayers don't guide Gods actions, they are just our way of talking with him and lifting up our concerns! God doesn't need our prayers but he still WANTS us to pray!

Sibotash

Dec 28, 2007
Mmmmh, ok. So what you're saying is even although God wants us to pray, our prayers are in fact ineffective, as God already knows who needs his/her help most. I agree that praying makes people who pray feel better, but we seem to agree that it doesn't have an effect on the person/persons we are praying for? Interesting. Equally, like you said in this thread, in we pray "for everyone" then that doesn't change what action God is going to take next, as God already knows that all humanity needs his/her help.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I want to make two point here:1. When we pray, if we are praying in the Spirit, the very fact that someone wants to pray for another shows the Spirit desires that for the person being prayed for. It is like salvation. We do not come to God on faith and then we are saved. It is because we obtained grace and are already saved that we come to Him by faith, and are thus saved.2. As for Brittany Spears vs. a child in Africa. I can pray for Brittany. I already prayed for other celebrities I liked and wanted them to know Christ. However, it stops there. However, I support ministries that hand out bibles and supplies. The child in Africa receives a tangible act of my faith: supplies, a bible or whatever, even if I do not know them. Brittany receives NOTHING tangible from me. So I pray instead. As the saying goes, it evens out. God will visit BOTH of them in some way. We all need Him.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(crooner;29505)
Your prayers are answered Dr Phil to the rescue~~~~~ just read it on drudge report.com
LOS ANGELES - Television's "Dr. Phil" McGraw has pulled the plug on plans for a one-hour show that was to examine Britney Spears' latest public meltdown. In a statement posted Monday on his Web site, McGraw said the 26-year-old pop star's situation was "too intense" for him to go forward with the show. He didn't say whether he planned to reschedule. Spears was hospitalized Thursday night after a child custody dispute with ex-husband Kevin Federline resulted in an hours-long standoff with police. On Friday, a court commissioner gave sole physical and legal custody of 1-year-old Jayden James and 2-year-old Sean Preston to Federline.McGraw said he met with Spears for an hour Saturday before she left the hospital.Uh.... not anymore.

Nothingness

Jan 9, 2008
Our father knows what we need so why do we pray?For one if you pray you are showing God that it is important for you, even more when you pray the same multiple time. He knows what we need but he wants to hear it from us. Our connection with God is also through praying.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
from yahoo newsMan, Oprah Winfrey isn't having much luck with doctors lately, is she? First she had a plastic surgeon named Dr. Jan Adams guest on her show--the same scandal-ridden scalpel-man who later adminstered that fateful, allegedly fatal operation on Kanye West's mother, Donda. (This week's L.A. Coroner's report on Donda was inconclusive, by the way.) And now Oprah's longtime crony Dr. Phil McGraw is getting flak over his own involvement in an almost equally tragic hospital case, that of Britney Spears. It all started innocently enough, when Spears family matriarch Lynne invited the tough-talking celebrity shrink to visit Britney at Cedars-Sinai last weekend, where the troubled pop star was being sequestered for observation after a bizarre child-custody standoff with police on January 3. Now, Mama Spears could have phoned up any professional in L.A.'s admittedly saturated mental-health market, but of course she just had to choose the one she'd seen on the tee-vee, the one famous for colorful colloquialisms like "you don't need tight-fitting pants to laminate your shirt" and "you don't need a porcupine to tickle a gypsy." (Okay, okay we admit we got those sayings from a funny time-wasting site called the "Dr. Phil Random Quote Generator" and that Dr. Phil never actually uttered those specific words...but you get our point.) So anyway, Dr. Phil made this housecall as a favor to Britney's beleaguered mother, who's got her hands full right now with one daughter who's knocked-up (Jamie) and one who's cracked-up (Britney). But then the infamously mouthy McGraw started blabbing to the press about this supposedly private visit, much to the chagrin of Lynne's business manager, Lou Taylor."The family basically extended an invitation of trust for him to come in as a resource to support them, not to go out and make public statements," an irate Lou said Wednesday on The Today Show. "Any statement publicly that he made, because he was brought in under this cloak of trust, [is] just inappropriate...he was not invited to make this part of a public display or part of the media."Dr. Phil has since cancelled his (seemingly self-serving) plan to shoot a Britney-themed episode of his talk show, though he insists that the episode was originally her family's idea--a claim substantiated by Britney's own manager, Sam Lufti. In the doc's typical outspoken manner, Dr. Phil defended his controversial actions by declaring on Entertainment Tonight, "Somebody needs to step up and get this young woman into some quality care--and I do not apologize one whit, not one second, for trying to make that happen." Allrighty, then...

billiefan2000

Dec 22, 2007
BTW:pray britney's boyfriend Adnan Ghalib and his family comes to know Jesus as well.Adnan Ghalib and his family are muslims.