Burl Ives, Sometimes Reminisce

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A Little Bitty Tear let me down"
"It's Just my Funny Way of Laughing"

I always loved the songs of Burl Ives...

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loved Burl Ives voice. If I recall correctly he was the voice for the snowman in the Christmas special, Rudolph the red nose reindeer.
Here's a fun fact. All of the reindeer pulling the Santa sleigh are girls.
Male reindeer lose their horns in the winter months. Their horns return in the spring in time for the rut.
Females have the horns during the winter months.

Reactions: Ziggy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The background reminds me of the Lawrence Welk Show..
I must of been like 6 or 7.. wow how time flys lol
I probably watch Lawrence Weld more these days than I did when it was Prime Time TV. I enjoy the old songs and music, not only gospel. My mother had quite a collection of the old vinyl 78 RPM records from before my time she used to listen to... Eventually I would put on the phonograph myself to play her records. Of course, Burl Ives was actually popular in my own time in the 1950's but I did not appreciate him then as much as I did later looking back. Yes, as they say, 'Time flies when you are having fun'. Well it was not always fun, but there was fun too. Give God the glory!

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I probably watch Lawrence Weld more these days than I did when it was Prime Time TV. I enjoy the old songs and music, not only gospel. My mother had quite a collection of the old vinyl 78 RPM records from before my time she used to listen to... Eventually I would put on the phonograph myself to play her records. Of course, Burl Ives was actually popular in my own time in the 1950's but I did not appreciate him then as much as I did later looking back. Yes, as they say, 'Time flies when you are having fun'. Well it was not always fun, but there was fun too. Give God the glory!
My Mom was a Carol Burnett fan.
Funny how things stick in your mind.. lol
Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Mom was a Carol Burnett fan.
Funny how things stick in your mind.. lol
Hugs
Of course I am familiar with Carol Burnett, but cannot remember ever watching her show. She was a comedian, but I have no opinion of her comedy. That in itself is strange for I don't know why I never watched. Possibly there always a conflict with a favored program, but there it is...???

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I am familiar with Carol Burnett, but cannot remember ever watching her show. She was a comedian, but I have no opinion of her comedy. That in itself is strange for I don't know why I never watched. Possibly there always a conflict with a favored program, but there it is...???
I was looking back over the skits and I guess you could say they was kind of risque.. like Benny Hill.. oh there's another one LOL
Dad likes his cowboys. He watches the Rifleman and Green Valley.
Try to get away from the daily dose of fear and depression on the news lol.
I don't watch tv anymore. Haven't for a couple years now. I do watch a lot of YouTube on the internet though.
I still rather be here. :)
Hugs
Thank You!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was looking back over the skits and I guess you could say they was kind of risque.. like Benny Hill.. oh there's another one LOL
Dad likes his cowboys. He watches the Rifleman and Green Valley.
Try to get away from the daily dose of fear and depression on the news lol.
I don't watch tv anymore. Haven't for a couple years now. I do watch a lot of YouTube on the internet though.
I still rather be here. :)
Hugs
Thank You!
I always liked westerns. In the 1950's and later I watched a lot of the old B westerns as well as newer ones. As the years went by the westerns were changing... modernizing... and many of them became... to me, unwatchable. Now I rarely turn on the living room TV. My wife watches the sports [women's and children's teams] and veterinarian shows she likes in the bedroom. [Cable TV is included in our apartment rent.] I go to the 2nd bedroom [my study] and watch old freebies on Amazon on my computer on one part of the screen while working on my stamps on another part of the screen. I am now in the midst of the 2nd season of a 'A Family Affair", a 1950's comedy about a bachelor with two young nieces and a nephew in his custody.

They show a lot of junk on Amazon, but they also have many free oldies that are rarely or never shown on the Cable TV.