Happy Holy Mama

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TitusTwoWife

Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 26, 2026
695
927
93
31
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
There's been a lot of conversations about the struggles and burdens of motherhood. I'm not here to say motherhood is never a struggle. But I do believe these ordinary burdens and struggles can be for our good.

Instead of complaining about dishes, we can send a thank you to the Father that we have food to eat, purpose, and we're learning to serve others like Jesus did.

We can use whimsy and light a specific candle every time we clean. Or make a cleaning Playlist and dance while we clean or sing and praise God as we pick up toys.

We can treat our husbands coming home as an excuse to dress up and look nice and use a lovely perfume.

We can treat late nights up with babies as sanctifying trials shaping our souls for eternity.

We can pray for each family member as we fold their clothes.

We can tickle our children just to see them laugh and giggle.

The ordinary moments don't have to be drudgery. God cares about all we do and He looks at our hearts as we do it. So let's forgo complaining and embrace working as unto the Lord.

Be careful to embrace your unique style and personality as you do this. Im a type B mid-energy Mom. I don't rotate out my kids toys and I don't always live by schedules. That's okay. Im learning to be dilligent while also having realistic expectations of myself. There's a lot of pressure to add things that aren't essential because other Moms insist on it. But you have to do what's best for you and your family.
 
  • Loveit!
  • Like
Reactions: Wrangler and TLHKAJ

TitusTwoWife

Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 26, 2026
695
927
93
31
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
As a little girl, I often played "house", "teacher", and "hospital". My little girl self would be so excited to see me nursing my sick toddlers.

I have had very little sleep, wiped up vomit, cheauffered to doctors appointments, and picked up medicine on dr. Pepper and chicken nuggets. I don't really care.

They need me. Im needed. I understand now why my Mom seem so happy to help me when I got sick. It feels so good to be needed by the ones you love. There's more challenges ahead but I feel a deep abiding sense of purpose and joy.
 
  • Loveit!
Reactions: Nancy