But if we are the body

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's crowded in worship today
As she slips in
Trying to fade into the faces
The girl's teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know
Farther than they know

CHORUS
But if we are the body
Why aren't his arms reaching
Why aren't his hands healing
Why aren't his words teaching
And if we are the body
Why aren't his feet going
Why is his love not showing them there is a way
There is a way

A traveler is far away from home
He sheds his coat
And quietly sinks into the back row
The weight of their judgmental glances tell him that his chances
Are better out on the road

CHORUS
But if we are the body
And if we are the body

Jesus paid much too high a price
for us to pick and choose who should come
and we are the body of Christ

Chorus (2x)
But if we are the body
And if we are the body

Jesus is the way

think about it...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As she slips in
Farther than they know

CHORUS
But if we are the body
And if we are the body
There is a way

He sheds his coat

CHORUS
But if we are the body
And if we are the body

Chorus (2x)
But if we are the body
And if we are the body

Jesus is the way

think about it...

LOVE this song ♥ And, why :(

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As she slips in
Farther than they know

CHORUS
But if we are the body
And if we are the body
There is a way

He sheds his coat

CHORUS
But if we are the body
And if we are the body

Chorus (2x)
But if we are the body
And if we are the body

Jesus is the way

think about it...
Our faith in Jesus needs to go deeper than attending a church building...

In peace

Reactions: amadeus

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our faith in Jesus needs to go deeper than attending a church building...

In peace
never said it did but what are WE DOING ? if a stranger in dungy clothes attended your church service .ya know few stains rip hair not brushed proper would you reach out to them? if a unwed mother come in and was expecting another child ..maybe not properly dressed would you reach out... how about a homosexual couple that just wanted to sit in service? what would our reaction be.. see jesus said
And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and constrain them to come in, that my house may be filled. ARE WE ?

D

Dave L

As she slips in
Farther than they know

CHORUS
But if we are the body
And if we are the body
There is a way

He sheds his coat

CHORUS
But if we are the body
And if we are the body

Chorus (2x)
But if we are the body
And if we are the body

Jesus is the way

think about it...
Thanks for the post.

Reactions: Ezra and Willie T

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen. Good one.

..and, our confession is -" We ARE the Body", no IF needed. :)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never said it did but what are WE DOING ? if a stranger in dungy clothes attended your church service .ya know few stains rip hair not brushed proper would you reach out to them? if a unwed mother come in and was expecting another child ..maybe not properly dressed would you reach out... how about a homosexual couple that just wanted to sit in service? what would our reaction be.. see jesus said
And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and constrain them to come in, that my house may be filled. ARE WE ?
answer any one? we talk about Our faith in Jesus needs to go deeper than attending a church building.....that part is true we should spend more time being the body james said be doer of the word not hearer only then he goes o to say failure to do so is like looking in the mirror and forgetting what type person we was
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

so question IS What Are we doing'. i like forums just as much as next person find some pretty neat stuff to check out. .. i see a lot of answers but no solution's to solve .. in another former i was asked this Hi ezra. I'd like to understand your position more clearly. Couple questions if you don't mind.

1. Do you agree that baptism is a necessary act of obedience?
  2. If so, do you believe that it is obedience not for the sake of gaining salvation but rather as a response to salvation? my answer yes and yes wow how hard was it? mind this is a on going discussion 14 pages later faith w/o works . it has been going back nad forth you never answered my question in post #10 well you ignored my answer in post 8 .. im reading thinking is this Matlock or perry Mason in a court of law . i will be honest in the big city churches i see on t.v face book i see all kinds of lights sounds props . a good lesson.. a friend of mine sent me link the the church she attends. pastor presented a good lesson but never got down to meat and potatoes. i live in rural MO and we preach the word .. no fancy praise bands that put on a better concert than ac/dc or BTO .i thought if i was to go maybe i should take a bic lighter

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than rewrite it I copied this testimony from my computer which I had posted on this forum more than a couple of years ago. The actual event occurred in Oklahoma in the 1990's:

At one place where I attended church services regularly for a number of years the people regularly dressed for church in the best apparel they could, which usually meant long covering dresses and suits and ties. I believed (and still believe) in looking my best for God so I also wore a full suit and tie, but one experience brought clearly home to me that some people among them (among us) would take on an attitude against a visitor who didn't meet their expectations... the expectations of men.

One evening a middle-aged lady unknown to us came into our meeting wearing filthy threadbare clothing. She smelled very strongly of alcohol and other things that would have offended nearly anyone's nose. Yet, she really did come in with a repentant attitude. She walked up to the front of the congregation and knelt down at an altar to pray and ask for God's mercy, for God's help. The men in the congregation understandably did not approach her but it really bothered me that neither the pastor or nor any of the other ministers moved from their places. (I was not any kind of formal minister at the time.) In the background, but loud enough for many people including the praying lady to hear, one of the pastor's sons spoke the heavily sarcastic words, "Who lit up the cross over the church?"

Of all of the sisters present, only one, my wife, recognizing the lady's need, walked up, knelt beside her and prayed with her while putting her arms around the woman who no one normally in their flesh would want to touch . When I saw my wife was alone, that not one other sister moved to join her, I got up and walked forward and stood behind my wife laying my hands on my wife and joined with them in prayer.

That was the beginning of the end of our stay in that assembly. God did lead us elsewhere.

Our new place also may contain hypocrites, but then who of us has never been a hypocrite? With God's help will we not decrease in our old selves and increase in Him? If we knowingly remain in our hypocrisy we are to be blamed and will receive our just reward, will we not?

"For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;

And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?" James 2:2-4

Reactions: Helen and Ezra

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have no real issue over dress other than i frown on shorts worn by adults in church as per person seeking Christ let them come hopefully not in anything where it all hangs out lol . we talk of problems with the church the things we see. church we attend is great church great people .but to be honest many lack the desire for anything to happen.. i am reminded of the story of the lady who told her pastor she was leaving ..

A lady went to her Pastor and said “Pastor, I won't be going to your church anymore.” The Pastor responded “But why?” The lady said “Ah! I saw a woman gossipping about another member; a man that is a hypocrite; the worship team living wrong; people looking at their phone during service; among so many other things wrong in your church.”

The Pastor replied “OK. But before you go, do me a favor: take a full glass of water and walk around the church three times without spilling a drop on the ground. Afterwards, leave the church if you desire.” The lady thought: too easy! She walked three times around the church as the Pastor had asked. When she finished she told the Pastor she was ready to leave.

The Pastor said, “Before you leave I want to ask you one more question. When you were walking around the church, did you see anyone gossipping?” The lady replied “No.” “Did you see any hypocrites?" The lady said "No." "Anyone looking at their phone?” “No.” “You know why?” “No.”

“You were focused on the glass, to make sure you didn't stumble and spill any water. It's the same with our life. When we keep our eyes on Jesus, we don't have time to see the mistakes of others. We will reach out a helping hand to them and concentrate on our own walk with the Lord."

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i went to a pastor friend of mine church on a sunday night.. i knew he was having problems he asked me to preach that night.. i used this story but kept under my hat so to speak .that i had knowledge of the problems . i just didnt know the full exact problem.. the part that blew my mind so to speak.. he went to the kitchen and got me a glass of water and sit it up on the pulpit... i was like does he have any idea what he is doing .led of the spirit not knowing what i was going to preach . the entire message i pointed back at the glass of water . after the service several came to me saying our church needed that message .. i simply smiled said we all do . so often we lose sight of what WE need to do . sad to say months alter the pastor resigned to much flesh . i also am reminded of this song by johnny paycheck

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen @amadeus
I've have heard it before...but we always need a reminder ...and will do until the end of time.

And Amen @Ezra I had also heard that before... we can hear these stories over and over...but how long does it to to sink deeply right into our hearts...( and stay there!)

Reactions: amadeus

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how many times did it take for 6x2=12 to enter in to our memory

Reactions: Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your eyes are brown there bro o_O
No, seriously. If your kids or grandkids are having trouble in math, introduce them to this method. They will soon be the teacher's pets.
Here is part of the forward to the book on it:

The teacher called on a nine-year-old boy who marched
firmly to the blackboard upon which was a list of numbers
a yard long. Standing on tiptoe to reach the top, he arrived
at the total with what seemed the speed of light.
A small girl with beribboned braids was asked to find the
solution of 735352314 times 11. She came up with the correct
answer-8088875454-in less time than you can say
multiplication table. A thin, studious-looking boy wearing
silver-rimmed spectacles was told to multiply 5132437201
times 452736502785. He blitzed through the problem, computing
the answer-2323641669144374104785-in seventy
seconds.

The class was one where the Trachtenberg system of
mathematics is taught. What made the exhibition of mathematical
wizardry more amazing was that these were children
who had repeatedly failed in arithmetic until, in desperation,
their parents sent them to learn this method.
The late Jakow Trachtenberg, founder of the Mathematical
Institute in Zurich, Switzerland, and originator of the
startling new system of arithmetic, was of the firm opinion
that everyone comes into the world with "phenomenal calculation
possibilities."

The Trachtenberg method is not only speedy but simple.
Once one has mastered the rules, lightning calculation is as
easy as reading a story. It looks like magic, but the rules
are based on sound logic.

Last edited:

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair question. I think we should all question whether or not we are reaching out to those that Jesus would have reached out to. If not, then what are we doing?
To answer your question, however, would mean disobeying Jesus' command of doing our alms in secret (Matt 6:1-5).
In peace