But Whom Say Ye That I am?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Monday 2-13-23 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle Shevat 21, 5783 55th. Winter Day

We like to identify as what Jesus has said in:

John 4: 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus Himself understood the speculation about His identity. He asked His disciples, "Who do people say that I am?"

Peter gave the right answer: "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16). Jesus affirmed the truth of Peter’s answer and promised that, upon that truth, He would build His church (Matthew 16:18).

The true nature and identity of Jesus Christ has eternal significance. Every person must answer the question Jesus asked His disciples: "Who do you say that I am?"

He gave us the correct answer in many ways. In John 14:9-10, Jesus said, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work."

The Bible is clear about the divine nature of the Lord Jesus Christ (see John 1:1-14). Philippians 2:6-7 says that, although Jesus was "in very nature God, He did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness." Colossians 2:9 says, “In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”

Jesus is fully God and fully man, and the fact of His incarnation is of utmost importance. He lived a human life but did not possess a sin nature as we do. He was tempted but never sinned (Hebrews 2:14-18; 4:15). Sin entered the world through Adam, and Adam’s sinful nature has been transferred to every baby born into the world (Romans 5:12)—except for Jesus. Because Jesus did not have a human father, He did not inherit a sin nature. He possessed the divine nature from His Heavenly Father.

God Was Manifest In The Flesh

Who Is Jesus?

Love, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Monday 2-13-23 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle Shevat 21, 5783 55th. Winter Day

Jesus Himself understood the speculation about His identity. He asked His disciples, "Who do people say that I am?"

Peter gave the right answer: "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16). Jesus affirmed the truth of Peter’s answer and promised that, upon that truth, He would build His church (Matthew 16:18).

The true nature and identity of Jesus Christ has eternal significance. Every person must answer the question Jesus asked His disciples: "Who do you say that I am?"

He gave us the correct answer in many ways. In John 14:9-10, Jesus said, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work."

The Bible is clear about the divine nature of the Lord Jesus Christ (see John 1:1-14). Philippians 2:6-7 says that, although Jesus was "in very nature God, He did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness." Colossians 2:9 says, “In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”

Jesus is fully God and fully man, and the fact of His incarnation is of utmost importance. He lived a human life but did not possess a sin nature as we do. He was tempted but never sinned (Hebrews 2:14-18; 4:15). Sin entered the world through Adam, and Adam’s sinful nature has been transferred to every baby born into the world (Romans 5:12)—except for Jesus. Because Jesus did not have a human father, He did not inherit a sin nature. He possessed the divine nature from His Heavenly Father.

God Was Manifest In The Flesh

Who Is Jesus?

Love, Walter and Deebbie
Totally agree with the cited scripture although most of your own associated words or interpretations of this scripture is completely incorrect and biased towards a religion that I do not agree with.

The key verse you cited in your OP is John 14:9-10. If you really understood it without adding to it, you would immediately erase all the religious words you attached to your scripture verses. Christ was in the father and he in his Son Walter! Christ was not and could never be his Father, the one true God!

Yes, knowing the identity of Yahshua is so paramount and the foundation of true Christian belief indeed.

As Christ said, 'who do you say I am?' Do you really think he meant his Father, or our Creator? There are several types of Christ's 'out there' and only one is the real one. We need to be sure...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally agree with the cited scripture although most of your own associated words or interpretations of this scripture is completely incorrect and biased towards a religion that I do not agree with.

The key verse you cited in your OP is John 14:9-10. If you really understood it without adding to it, you would immediately erase all the religious words you attached to your scripture verses. Christ was in the father and he in his Son Walter! Christ was not and could never be his Father, the one true God!

Yes, knowing the identity of Yahshua is so paramount and the foundation of true Christian belief indeed.

As Christ said, 'who do you say I am?' Do you really think he meant his Father, or our Creator? There are several types of Christ's 'out there' and only one is the real one. We need to be sure...
1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known

1jo 3:2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello APAK, I totally agree, I added to the beginning statement as to what Jesus said while talking to the woman at the well that GOD is a spirit, as I was thinking after I posted what I did.

Walter

Reactions: APAK

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve often wondered why God doesn’t just fix the altered DNA/sin nature so that we possess the original pre-Fall divine DNA that Jesus had

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve often wondered why God doesn’t just fix the altered DNA/sin nature so that we possess the original pre-Fall divine DNA that Jesus had

Christ was born with the same divine characteristics/ character as his Father (pre-fall state) and then possessed his divine nature upon his resurrection...give it time we will aswell.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But Whom Say Ye That I am?​

OP ^

Accomplishment, Fulfillment, Finisher of Gods Promise :pray:

Jesus
Christ
Son of man
Son of God
Almighty One
Alpha and Omega
Advocate
Author
Authority
Bread of Life
Bridegroom
Chief Cornerstone
Deliverer
Faithful
True
Good Shepherd
Great High Priest
Head of His Church
Holy Servant
Gift
Teacher
Judge
King of kings
Lord of lords
Lord of all
Lamb of God
Light of the World
Lion of the Tribe of Judah
Mediator
Messiah
Mighty One
Redeemer
Peace
Prophet
Savior
Resurrection
Door
Word
True Vine
Forgiver
Keeper
Victorious
Wonderful Counselor
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father
Prince of Peace
Quickening Spirit
Life
Creator
Maker
Way
Truth
Salvation
Light
Power
Wisdom
Seed
Rock
Holy
I Am

Without Beginning or Ending Glory is the Lord God Almighty,
Amen

Taken

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s been millennia…..
You are right on track in your thinking....I guess not quite yet....times has to get really evil and uncomfortable for the average joe first. Not there yet...although not far off...then of course the millennia and the time of world regeneration and the death of the damned and completion of the age..the Kingdom is then mature, and God then becomes all in all his people of Christ's spirit. We become clearly as Christ in the Kingdom, in immortality and in the Father. Are we then at that time as gods?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..Jesus is fully God and fully man..

I don't think God and Jesus mind people thinking that, but I belong to the camp that think God and Jesus are two completely separate entities, and I don't think God and Jesus mind us thinking that either..:)
Jesus simply had the holy spirit in him, but that didn't make him God.
Likewise many christians have the holy spirit in them, but that doesn't make us God either..:)
Remember, when Simon Peter said- “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.' Jesus replied “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven" (Matthew 16:13-17)
See, Jesus didn't say to him "Wrong, I AM God"..:)

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think God and Jesus mind people thinking that, but I belong to the camp that think God and Jesus are two completely separate entities, and I don't think God and Jesus mind us thinking that either..:)
Jesus simply had the holy spirit in him, but that didn't make him God.
Likewise many christians have the holy spirit in them, but that doesn't make us God either..:)
Remember, when Simon Peter said- “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.' Jesus replied “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven" (Matthew 16:13-17)
See, Jesus didn't say to him "Wrong, I AM God"..:)
Yes, Sir, you are correct in saying that but there is more to understand that Jesus said at different times.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are right on track in your thinking....I guess not quite yet....times has to get really evil and uncomfortable for the average joe first. Not there yet...although not far off...then of course the millennia and the time of world regeneration and the death of the damned and completion of the age..the Kingdom is then mature, and God then becomes all in all his people of Christ's spirit. We become clearly as Christ in the Kingdom, in immortality and in the Father. Are we then at that time as gods?
Alternatively we could recognise that humanity has been through enough, that there shouldn’t be any “damned” and it’s time to have compassion on us instead of making us go through this over and over again because a whiny fallen angel threw a tantrum

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dropship

Hi ~
Addressing a couple of points you made;
~ God and Jesus separate entities..?

I disagree.
I would say God in Heaven sent His Word to Earth, and gave His Word the name God chose “Jesus”...
And liken that to you being in the UK, while sending your word to the US, and giving your word the name you chose ”Dropship”.
Same one God. Same one you.

Eph 3:
[9] And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

John 1:
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God had IDEAS, a Plan...CREATE and MAKE...and
that Plan is manifested “BY” Gods Word (God “named” Jesus) (Matt 1:29)
and “BY” Gods Power (God “named” Christ) (1 Cor 1:24)

~ Why Jesus spend some 29 years or so, at his parents home, learning Josephs’ trade, Jewish Laws, Customs?

It’s Scriptural. And Jesus’ our Example.
Children are a parents Gift from God. Parents are supposed to be the Example and teacher of their Children, ‘preparing’ them in the Ways “OF Righteousness of God, BEFORE unleashing them out into the world, where EVIL spirits and WICKED men lurk to influence young men to go along with the WAYS of the world, rather than God.
It’s a growing and maturing time, example, and parents responsibility.

Remember the division of people hangs on ...
Men IN the World.
Men OF the World.
And Jesus taught the Caution of falling for being OF the world, is the exact opposite of being IN the world, and OF God, IN Christ.

Observe the Ways “OF” the world today...from newborn through formative years....Everyone, Anyone, but the Parents is promoted to “raise” children, according to the Ways “OF” the world, under the ear tickling heading; Education!
Of course Education Is a prime focus for children....the Observance for the past 50+ years is:
An Education in WHAT? Anti-God, Anit-Parents, Anti-Working...and Rewards for their Anti- and Rebellious success.

Parents send their Children to hell-holes and then are shocked when their children are hellions.

John 15:
[19] If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

1 Cor 5:
[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Just sharing ~

Glory to God,
Taken

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I belong to the camp that think God and Jesus are two completely separate entities..
..I disagree...

Careful, the naughty step if you're disagreeing with these words of Jesus..:)
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)
And you're also disagreeing with God, tut-tut..
"This is my beloved Son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Careful, the naughty step if you're disagreeing with these words of Jesus..:)
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)
And you're also disagreeing with God, tut-tut..
"This is my beloved Son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)
Good morning Dropship, you are correct again :)

Reactions: Dropship
Status
Not open for further replies.