But Whom Say Ye That I am?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
More-
Jesus said- "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel.." (Luke 4:18)
The word 'Christ' comes from Christos, a Greek word that means “the anointed one,”, so obviously if Jesus was God (as some people think) how could he have anointed himself?..:)

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More-
Jesus said- "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel.." (Luke 4:18)
The word 'Christ' comes from Christos, a Greek word that means “the anointed one,”, so obviously if Jesus was God (as some people think) how could he have anointed himself?..:)

No, Sir He could not have been anointed by Himself, but It is evident that GOD Spirit was upon Him, and Jesus is taken into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit. While fasting there, He is tempted by Satan. These temptations share an element of ignoring God in favor of what seems easier or quicker. Jesus resists all of these, citing Scripture as He does. When Jesus returns, He preaches and heals to great publicity in Judea and Galilee. While His hometown responds with stubborn skepticism, others are eager to hear His teaching and experience His miraculous power.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Careful, the naughty step if you're disagreeing with these words of Jesus..:)
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)
And you're also disagreeing with God, tut-tut..
"This is my beloved Son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)

God does not REPRODUCE offspring.

Every living thing God created and made, has a beginning, and re-produces it’s same KIND of thing.

God is without beginning. For God to re-produce would mean He re-produces something without a beginning. RE-produce by default has a beginning.

God SENT forth OUT from Gods Mouth...His Word.
Every time a man SPEAKS he sends forth out of his mouth, his word.

God SENT forth OUT from Gods Spirit...His Power.
Every time a man Talks, Walks, Sits, Lifts....he sands forth out from his Muscles, his power.

God SENT forth OUT from Gods Mouth, His Word......AND “PREPARED” a body, (in the likeness as a Jewish man), for His Word to dwell in, and BE SEEN and HEARD, by men born out of Dust of the Earth.

When Something ALIVE, comes forth from Something ALIVE, and is Separated from the Something ALIVE....that thing that Appears is an INDIVIDUAL BORN ...Living thing.

A reproduced babe in the womb, comes forth from a woman’s womb and IS SEPARATED from the woman, and called born.

Jesus came forth out from God....called Gods Word....called Born of God...and Yet, was not separated from God. Gods Word continued to Remain IN God.
Similar with Gods SPIRIT...Gods Spirit IS Christ.
God Has 7 Spirits....yet are all one Same Spirit. God Sends His Spirit “UPON” and “INTO” men, YET Gods Spirit Remains “IN” God.

In Brief:

Isa 55: (Prophecy)
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

John 1: (Jesus birth)
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Heb 10: (Prophecy)
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

God DECLARES who is His Son.

Heb 1:
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

God declared Jesus “His” Son. (Declaration...not reproduction)
God declares Men “His” Son. (Declaration......not reproduction)

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 16:
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
[30] Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Eph 1:
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: (Himself IS God).

The Mystery:
God Himself, came among men in a Humbled (without reputation) body God prepared, armed with Gods Word.

God Himself, revealed His reputation....He is the Christ....the Christ IS the Power of God.

God Himself, revealed...He would return in the body Called the Son of Man, for all men to SEE, AND WITH His Reputation ( Power) and IN Spirit for those “IN” (born again) spirit would SEE Him, (as He IS...Spirit).

Jesus, the Word of God....Christ, the Power of God...IS God. Comes forth out from God and Yet remains IN God.

John 10:
[38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. (never separated).

Ofcourse you can believe as you choose.
Maybe consider per Scriptural Knowledge;
God and Jesus are one in the same Spirit.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More-

Men anointed Men with OIL.
God anoints by DECLARATION.

Men are naturally ... must SEE something to believe it.
Ceremonies, Rituals satisfy men’s EYES.
Oil anointed, Water Baptism, Preachers Garb, Preachers Podium, Communion....etc. All satisfying to men’s EYES.

God DECLARES, an earthly man saved, an earthly man quickened, an earthly man his son.

God DECLARED, Jesus His Son....but...was Jesus “saved”? No. Saved from having been AGAINST God? No.
Jesus was a example for men....TO SEE.
Jesus was sent to SERVE God....God Serving Himself, that His WILL be accomplished according to His Order and Way, according to His pleasure.

Recall OT men frustrated...because they COULD NOT SEE God?
Recall Jesus saying, blessed are those who can BELIEVE without SEEING?

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm locking this thread. There are several rule violations concerning the divinity of Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.