By the Paraclete, guard the good deposit entrusted to you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Paraclete (a special operation of the Holy Spirit) is God's deposit guarantee in 2 Corinthians 5:

5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit [neuter] as a deposit [G728], guaranteeing what is to come.
The Paraclete is one kind of deposit [G728].

There is another kind of deposit/trust in (ESV) 2 Timothy 1:

14 By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you
Strong's 3866: A deposit, anything committed to one's charge or trust. From paratithemi; a deposit, i.e. trust.

We have one deposit guarding another deposit. By the Paraclete (G728-deposit), we guard the good deposit (G3866-deposit) or the sound teaching entrusted to us.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Paraclete (a special operation of the Holy Spirit) is God's deposit guarantee in 2 Corinthians 5:

The Paraclete is one kind of deposit [G728].

There is another kind of deposit/trust in (ESV) 2 Timothy 1:

Strong's 3866: A deposit, anything committed to one's charge or trust. From paratithemi; a deposit, i.e. trust.

We have one deposit guarding another deposit. By the Paraclete (G728-deposit), we guard the good deposit (G3866-deposit) or the sound teaching entrusted to us.
Yes, I see these deposits (plural) as the same thing. The Holy Spirit, who dwells in us, is guarding our hope of resurrection to immortality. His presence in us is the guarantee of the hope He is holding for us.