The Paraclete is our deposit guarantee

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NIV Ephesians 1:

13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
i.e., the Paraclete who dwells in our spirit

14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
deposit/guarantee
ἀρραβὼν (arrabōn)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 728: Of Hebrew origin; a pledge, i.e. Part of the purchase-money or property given in advance as security for the rest.

The Paraclete is God's advanced security deposit in us.

Strong's Greek: 728. ἀῤῥαβών (arrabón) — 3 Occurrences

2 Corinthians 1:

22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts
i.e., the Paraclete

as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
2 Corinthians 5:

5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
For the 3rd time, G728 refers to the Paraclete. G728 appears exactly 3 times and every time, Paul was talking about the Paraclete.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NIV Ephesians 1:

i.e., the Paraclete who dwells in our spirit

deposit/guarantee
ἀρραβὼν (arrabōn)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 728: Of Hebrew origin; a pledge, i.e. Part of the purchase-money or property given in advance as security for the rest.

The Paraclete is God's advanced security deposit in us.

Strong's Greek: 728. ἀῤῥαβών (arrabón) — 3 Occurrences

2 Corinthians 1:

i.e., the Paraclete

2 Corinthians 5:

For the 3rd time, G728 refers to the Paraclete. G728 appears exactly 3 times and every time, Paul was talking about the Paraclete.
Yes, this shows us where we are at in our Salvation. We are still in the sinful flesh, but we are living after the Spirit. As such, we have enough of a Deposit to guarantee the Purchase. And indeed, it has already been purchased. :)