by walking in them

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i Ki 6:12 “Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, then I will carry out My word with you which I spoke to David your father.

I believe I have a relationship with Jesus Christ - which is to say that we talk back and forth. At least it seems to be Him, so I believe it is Him, not that there are not other spirits around but He is the One I know personally.

So since we talk, and He is called "Teacher", it is not surprising that He is often giving me teachings. This morning was such a time, and I going to share that little teaching. I had gotten up, sat in my favorite reclining chair, and prayed the Lord's Prayer with my normal extra's and went about listening to Him. It is a regular thing for me. He then spoke to me and said He was going to take me on a walk, which is also very common. It is almost a daily occurrence. But before He did that He asked me to open up my Bible and He pointed out the above verse.

Then He asked me, "Karl, what does it mean "by walking in them"?

HUH??? I found it to be an interesting question, because He had just told me that He was going to take me on a walk, and I know from experience that means Him and I are going to talk back and forth. And when I go on a walk with Him it kind of reminds me of who Enoch walk with God and was no more. It seems he didn't die but was just taken away by the Lord. So do we not have to fulfill His statues, and execute His ordinances, and keep all His commandments BY WALKING IN THEM - meaning by walking and talking back and forth with Him?

Is that not how we are to build the house, the temple, us, for Him?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, back and forth.

He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, back and forth.

He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

The post above is correct, and I like it!! - but ... how do we go about "to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?"

I tell you that it is to walk and talk with the Lord - back and forth!

And so that is what we preach/proclaim when we preach the Word of God - that He is there to talk to back and forth!!

Still - if I proclaim that, might there be some quietly thinking that I am boasting in myself instead of Him who I am proclaiming?

The Lord called Moses a humble man, but some came forward saying that he was not better and more deserving than them. Yet it was Moses who was saying "Hear, O Israel", and didn't he mean it?

So it is that when I write on this Christian Forum, I try to make sure that I am testifying about Him, and that we need to and can talk with Him - hear Him - like Moses and Micah.

Mic 6:9 The voice of the LORD will call to the city—
And it is sound wisdom to fear Your name:
“Hear, O tribe. Who has appointed its time?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The post above is correct, and I like it!! - but ... how do we go about "to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?"

I tell you that it is to walk and talk with the Lord - back and forth!

And so that is what we preach/proclaim when we preach the Word of God - that He is there to talk to back and forth!!

Still - if I proclaim that, might there be some quietly thinking that I am boasting in myself instead of Him who I am proclaiming?

The Lord called Moses a humble man, but some came forward saying that he was not better and more deserving than them. Yet it was Moses who was saying "Hear, O Israel", and didn't he mean it?

So it is that when I write on this Christian Forum, I try to make sure that I am testifying about Him, and that we need to and can talk with Him - hear Him - like Moses and Micah.

Mic 6:9 The voice of the LORD will call to the city—
And it is sound wisdom to fear Your name:
“Hear, O tribe. Who has appointed its time?
Did the Lord call Moses humble or did Moses call himself humble?
Ah yes, ones testimony is proportionally dependant on how and what ones sees. If somehow we see our contribution as having merit we inevitably eclipse the Glory of the Lord.
What and who do we testify to in our testimony?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah yes, ones testimony is proportionally dependant on how and what ones sees. If somehow we see our contribution as having merit we inevitably eclipse the Glory of the Lord.

A person that knows the Lord knows the answer!!!

Therefore what does that tell us about the person asking us the question????

Here is the Truth - it is that He the Truth talks to us who know Him! And those who know Him humble themselves so that they might hear from Him. Saying that means that to know Him you must repent of your ways and that results in you seek Him and what He tells you, so that you might know His ways. To not do that means that you think you are smarter than GOD! And so it is that men think that we are smarter than GOD, and so don't seek Him, find Him, and listen to Him!

Now if you have come to realize that God is smarter than you, and to the realization that we (men) need Him and the help He has for us, then you do repent, seek after Him, and find Him. And if you have found Him you value Him and what He thinks and how He can and does help you, because after all you found God.

Then if you have a question like "Did the Lord call Moses humble or did Moses call himself humble?", and reason with Him, meaning talking back and forth with Him so that you might be corrected, taught, and learn from Him. And when you do that you become humble, because you quickly find out that God is a whole lot smarter than you are.

Therefore you also quickly learn that the humble man is the man who asks the Lord our God questions, and not the person who doesn't know the answer to the question put forth by "quietthinker".

Yes. of course Moses was a very very humble man, because he talked back and forth with God whereas the others did not!! And it was quickly apparent to those who know the Lord, but not apparent to those leaning on their own understanding. They hide from God, thinking they are a smart one, instead of thinking God is the smart One!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now on the way back on the walk I wrote about in the OP, the Lord was talking to me about scoffers and how we don't battle with flesh and blood but with the dark forces of this world. And He talk with me about a few things of which I found one comparison kind of interesting. And it now seems a bit interesting to me.

Anyway, He gave me an image of Gollum in the Lord of the Ring movies. I had recently watched them and He had brought back to my mind the image of Gollum going "gollum, gollum gollum" and explaining that is how He viewed a scoffer. He was telling me it was like them saying, 'God - No', 'God - No', God - No'.

Now in the movie Gollum used to be a type of man in the forest called Smeagol, and this was still back in his memory. A mercy was given to Smeagol/Gollum, because it seemed appropriate. And yet Smeagol/Gollum seemed to be of two minds quietly lurking in the background. And the Lord pointed out that the darker side of Gollum/Smeagol got the best of him so that he wound up in the lake of fire in the end.

The conclusion was that it was a dangerous thing to be a scoffer of God!

Of course the Lord of the Rings is just a fictional set of books turned into a set of movies. Yet J R R Tolken was a apparently a Christian man, whose profession was literature at Oxford. And if the story is true, he apparently had something to do with C S Lewis (also a professor of literature at Oxford at the same time) becoming a Christian man. Of course C S Lewis was a famous Christian author, but apparently was scoffer, concerning God, at one point.

The story I read (and I don't remember who had written what I read once), was something like the two of them went walking and talking one day, and J R R Tolkien pointed out an large old tree and said that many a story had been written with an large old tree like that. And that was how it was with God. Many a story has been written of God, and perhaps they are not all true, but just like the large old tree which was written about exists, so does God also exists!

It is a simple bit of logic, and to test it do you not just need to seek Him and His voice (Spirit) so that you find out the truth of it?

I remember the day clearly when I was at a point where I decided to seek Him. Things were not good on that day, so I call out loud to God in my front yard, and told Him to speak to me if He wanted to talk to me, and I listened, but I didn't hear Him. Silly me, I didn't understand that God was spirit, so I expected to hear Him with my physical ears. Yet it didn't take long for God to get through to me, because I had asked Him to talk to me. I woke up earlier about a month afterwards and then a voice seemed to come on me like someone hitting me in the head with a 2 by 4. The voice said, "READ YOUR BIBLE". I broke out in a cold sweat and was shaking, and I got a clear vision of my Bible behind my time clock. So I look and it was there, but it shouldn't have been. It was something my mom had given me perhaps 20 years earlier and should have been buried in a close or the garage.

I read the Bible, came to find out that He was always there to talk to, and Him and I became friends, so that we walk and talk back and forth now. And He tells me that He want everyone to believe in Him like that! So quit scoffing at the fact that He is there.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A person that knows the Lord knows the answer!!!

Therefore what does that tell us about the person asking us the question????

Here is the Truth - it is that He the Truth talks to us who know Him! And those who know Him humble themselves so that they might hear from Him. Saying that means that to know Him you must repent of your ways and that results in you seek Him and what He tells you, so that you might know His ways. To not do that means that you think you are smarter than GOD! And so it is that men think that we are smarter than GOD, and so don't seek Him, find Him, and listen to Him!

Now if you have come to realize that God is smarter than you, and to the realization that we (men) need Him and the help He has for us, then you do repent, seek after Him, and find Him. And if you have found Him you value Him and what He thinks and how He can and does help you, because after all you found God.

Then if you have a question like "Did the Lord call Moses humble or did Moses call himself humble?", and reason with Him, meaning talking back and forth with Him so that you might be corrected, taught, and learn from Him. And when you do that you become humble, because you quickly find out that God is a whole lot smarter than you are.

Therefore you also quickly learn that the humble man is the man who asks the Lord our God questions, and not the person who doesn't know the answer to the question put forth by "quietthinker".

Yes. of course Moses was a very very humble man, because he talked back and forth with God whereas the others did not!! And it was quickly apparent to those who know the Lord, but not apparent to those leaning on their own understanding. They hide from God, thinking they are a smart one, instead of thinking God is the smart One!
Protracted and convoluted rational is ever the go to for avoiding direct answers.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i Ki 6:12 “Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, then I will carry out My word with you which I spoke to David your father.

I believe I have a relationship with Jesus Christ - which is to say that we talk back and forth. At least it seems to be Him, so I believe it is Him, not that there are not other spirits around but He is the One I know personally.

So since we talk, and He is called "Teacher", it is not surprising that He is often giving me teachings. This morning was such a time, and I going to share that little teaching. I had gotten up, sat in my favorite reclining chair, and prayed the Lord's Prayer with my normal extra's and went about listening to Him. It is a regular thing for me. He then spoke to me and said He was going to take me on a walk, which is also very common. It is almost a daily occurrence. But before He did that He asked me to open up my Bible and He pointed out the above verse.

HUH??? I found it to be an interesting question, because He had just told me that He was going to take me on a walk, and I know from experience that means Him and I are going to talk back and forth. And when I go on a walk with Him it kind of reminds me of who Enoch walk with God and was no more. It seems he didn't die but was just taken away by the Lord. So do we not have to fulfill His statues, and execute His ordinances, and keep all His commandments BY WALKING IN THEM - meaning by walking and talking back and forth with Him?

For me when I hear and for me it is in my mind I hear... if the Lord would say "by walking in them" I would go to KJV and look that up those words I would enter... now for that there is just one verse, but I scroll through reading the verses that come up.

Mark 6:48 And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night he cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them.

That is how I hear..go to the word with the words I hear.. usually it is 2 words sometimes just 1 and as many as 4. Do you ever do that? Or do you just talk back and forth?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protracted and convoluted rational is ever the go to for avoiding direct answers.

Did you not even see that you had 2 questions and a comment!!!!

And now you have an unsupported accusation because you didn't like the answers and comments given in return.

That is typical for a person who does not like that answer - that they would attack the person with the answer instead of the logic of the answer. But if the prior answer was too long that you could not grasp it, let me ask you a question.

If a king sends a messenger with a message, did the messenger humble himself in order to bring the kings message instead of his own?

Moses was a humble man but the person speaking for God without talking to Him is not!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me when I hear and for me it is in my mind I hear... if the Lord would say "by walking in them" I would go to KJV and look that up those words I would enter... now for that there is just one verse, but I scroll through reading the verses that come up.

Mark 6:48 And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night he cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them.

That is how I hear..go to the word with the words I hear.. usually it is 2 words sometimes just 1 and as many as 4. Do you ever do that? Or do you just talk back and forth?

I like the above post because it is full of honesty. Many Christian, and they are Christians, hear from the Lord as described above and think like Cyd. Yet Cyd is not really considering what it actually happening and Who the Word of God is that talks to Him. Let me explain:

Who was Cyd talking about when he wrote, "when I hear and for me it is in my mind" ???

Was it not the Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ who was using His Holy Spirit to get Cyd to go pick up his Bible? I think so.

So if we read in the Bible:

Jn 6:63 (KJV - used for Cyd's benefit) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Which words that Cyd wrote about were "spirit" so they are life to Him, and which words were from ink on paper?

My friends, we don't walk and talk back and forth with our Bible, because the Bible can not talk!!! The Sacred Writings are just that, writings! The Lord had them written, but they were written like a text book for everyone! So we need to talk to our Teacher and listen to Him to even know where He wants us to read in it.

So in the testimony that Cyd had, it was not the Bible that was the living and active Word of God, but our Teacher and Lord who is the living and active Word of God - and Him whose name is called "The Word of God" who told Cyd to told Cyd to go to his Bible and read, and not the Bible which is the Word of God!! Did we not even read that the Word of God is a person, even the One who is clothed in a robe (or vesture if you speak Old English instead of modern American) dipped in blood?

Rev 19:13 (KJV) And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And so consider, if you will, that if the Lord can and does tell you when to read your Bible and even leads you to the correct place, could and would He not also talk to you about other things in your life?????

I mean - couldn't you walk and talk with Him while shopping in a store, or while working at your job, or just while talking a walk in the local mountains or street?

And what does this verse then mean:

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

Could it be that because we don't really practice listening to the Lord that even when He talks to us via His Holy Spirit that we have trouble picking up what He says to us in words?

If that is the case, and we are "dull of hearing" then we don't hear Him in words, but like a feeling or thought in our mind, right?

Picking Him up in "2 words sometimes just 1 and as many as 4." is not exactly walking and talking back and forth with Him, is it?

Still, He is always there with us so that can change, can it not? But perhaps first we need to want to walk and talk back and forth with Him, instead of just waiting for that occasional 2 words here and there, right?

My friends, please be His friends. Walk and talk with Him, and so it does not matter whether you see me as a friendly person who is trying to help you, or a real enemy to all you know, by getting you to seek and listen to Him more. It does not matter what you think of me, but your eternal life is going to depend on whether you know Him and He knows you personally!!

I mean - if I only ever heard a couple of words from my neighbor, it doesn't mean we are friends, does it? Do I even really know my neighbor next door if I only hear Him suggest I read a little out of a book He had written on rare occasions?

So go talk to Him, walk with Him, have lunch with Him, spend a lot of time with Him. Get Him to help you with your work, with your shopping, even with directions on where to go next!!!

Is 30:20,21 Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

Do we not even know that Isaiah wrote about what and Who he knew?? That is to say that Isaiah knew the Lord, as his Teacher who was telling him even when to turn to the right or to the left!! And Isaiah knew that it could be that way with us also!!!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't know about walking in them, but I'm very concerned about walking in him. I now spend much of my time right inside the spirit as close as I can get right in their face. The Greek word menō translated "abide" often deals with being in him, which I'm very concerned about when it comes to walking in Christ, which I believe is the same as walking in the spirit. To be in him or to abide in him deals with remaining or continuing to be present. To dwell, live, and be within him to the end that we are operative in him by his divine influence and energy.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about walking in them, but I'm very concerned about walking in him. I now spend much of my time right inside the spirit as close as I can get right in their face. The Greek word menō translated "abide" often deals with being in him, which I'm very concerned about when it comes to walking in Christ, which I believe is the same as walking in the spirit. To be in him or to abide in him deals with remaining or continuing to be present. To dwell, live, and be within him to the end that we are operative in him by his divine influence and energy.

Yeah - you do still have the verse provided in the OP:

So you might want to talk to Him about that verse and the meaning of it, since you write that "I don't know about walking in them" - but I think that when you do you will find that walking in Him results in walking in His statutes and executing His ordinances, and keeping His commandments - but it might very well be that a person can walk in Him and still not go about doing what He asks??

So being in the Spirit and actually listening and also doing what He asked might not be the same thing?

Indeed, I admit there are times when I hear Him ask me to do something and still can't get myself to do it, and also times when I hear Him and just forget to do what He commanded. Of course He has forgiveness of sins and His mercy abounds, but we should have some awareness that being in the Spirit is not the same thing as actually going and doing what He asks, right?

Is that not the difference between walking in Him and walking in His statutes, ordinances, and keeping His commandments. And if that stops happening might He then pull His presence from His temple (you)?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah - you do still have the verse provided in the OP:

So you might want to talk to Him about that verse and the meaning of it, since you write that "I don't know about walking in them" - but I think that when you do you will find that walking in Him results in walking in His statutes and executing His ordinances, and keeping His commandments - but it might very well be that a person can walk in Him and still not go about doing what He asks??

So being in the Spirit and actually listening and also doing what He asked might not be the same thing?

Indeed, I admit there are times when I hear Him ask me to do something and still can't get myself to do it, and also times when I hear Him and just forget to do what He commanded. Of course He has forgiveness of sins and His mercy abounds, but we should have some awareness that being in the Spirit is not the same thing as actually going and doing what He asks, right?

Is that not the difference between walking in Him and walking in His statutes, ordinances, and keeping His commandments. And if that stops happening might He then pull His presence from His temple (you)?
Looks like an Old Testament verse in the OP which does not apply to Christians.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like an Old Testament verse in the OP which does not apply to Christians.

I thought you said you talked to the Lord via the Holy Spirit?

Did you not even read in the - New Testament - where Jesus said that it was easier for heaven and earth to fall away that one letter of the Law?

Luke 16:17 “But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail.

Anyone walking with Jesus Christ today will find out that He has not changed, so He is still the same today that He has always been! It was Him who had the Law put in writing and given to a rebellious people who said "Let not God speak to us". And that was when they were in the presence of God, even the presence of the power of God that was making the mountain smoke and the earth quake. Still they were unwilling to listen to Him!!

Exo 19:18 Now Mount Sinai was all in smoke because the LORD descended upon it in fire; and its smoke ascended like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain quaked violently.

So it is to this day possible for a person to get into the presence of God, even in the presence of His power and yet that is NOT going to save them! Hearing Him and doing what He says is what saves you! We are saved by faith and faith comes from hearing Him! (Rom 10:17)

Mar 3:35 “For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother.”

And how do we know what His will for us is? Listening to what He tells us so we can and do go about doing it!

Jn 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.

So to fulfill the Law we, His sheep, listen to Him and walk in what He asks us to do!!

So is the Law of Truth in the Old Testament the same Law that not one letter would go away as mentioned in the New Testament?

Mal 2:6 The law of truth was in his mouth,
And injustice was not found on his lips.
He walked with Me in peace and equity,
And turned many away from iniquity.

Yeah - the Law of Truth (that is to say the Law of Jesus Christ because Jesus is the Truth) comes from hearing Him! So from hearing Him we find His statutes, ordinances, and commandments - and walk in them. But if you are saying in your heart that having come into the presence of God saves you, you are mistaken. You need to abide in His word - which is to say that you need to walk in what He tells you for that is the Law of Truth! It was the law of truth in the Old Testament and the Law of Truth in the New Testament. Abraham walk in that Law before Moses brought down the two stones in the desert to a people who were following the presence of God in the desert. And to them Moses wrote:

Deut 8:20 “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.

I told you that you should talk to Him about the verse in the OP!

Those who are saved are the spiritual off-spring of Abraham who listen to the Lord and believed He was the Lord, so Abram left the land he was in and went to the promised land, based on that belief.

1 Ki 6:12 “Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, then I will carry out My word with you which I spoke to David your father.

So again - why did you write:

I don't know about walking in them, but I'm very concerned about walking in him.

How can a person say they are very concerned about walking in Him, and not know that by walking in Him they are then required to walk in His statues, and execute His ordinances, and keep His commandments??????

He is God!! He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS!! And so if you walk with Him you know that is so!! So to walk with Him means you are going to have Him as your Lord, right??? Meaning that He is going to give you instructions - commands - which He expects that you should at least trying and keep. He is going to have some rules - statues - that He is going to expect you to follow, right? And He is also going to have some littler things that He asks you to follow for a time or for a task - ordinances - that He also wants followed!!

If you indeed know Him, you know this!! These are not things that can be missed when you come to know Him!! It is why we who know Him call Him Lord!! Calling Him Lord is not some religious thing, like a password that opens door to heaven. We call Him Lord because He tells us to do things ( commands), and has some things to follow when we do a task for Him (ordinances), and He sets down rules that are as if in stone (Statues) that He insists we follow. And it just so happens those Statues are the same ones that were written in stone and brought down by Moses in the desert!!

But we don't just live the Statures, but also by the ordinances, and the commands also, and they all come from His mouth to us personally, if we indeed know Him personally!!

So what do you mean - "I don't know about walking in them"???

Do you not even realize that was a confession that you are not listening to Him - THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS??

So I told you to seek Him and listen to Him, because why should I need to point this out to you, when you could have just sought Him and got this explanation, if you were to really listen to Him?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I came to know the Lord and started talking to Him more and more, I wanted to be His friend. And He liked that idea too. So we walked and talked together. Yet as that old saying goes "A funny thing happened on the way to..." it did not all go like I thought it would. Things didn't always go my way. It was usually ok with me, because not everything need to go my way, but alot of things didn't go my way, and I knew God personally. So how could that be????

So I talked to Him about it on our walks, and the answer was that He was still KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, and was still responsible for all things!!!

He explained to me that we could be friends, but He couldn't not be the King over all things!! Therefore His being King took priority over us being friends!!!

And because of that He still expects us to walk in His statutes, execute His orders, and keep His commandments!!

Now what you also find out, is that your thoughts are not His thoughts. Does He need you to kill some bulls, sheep, lambs, birds, and other things like that. Of course not!!! And if you are walking with Him all week long, does He need you to go to church. The answer is sometimes He does and sometimes He doesn't. It has to do with His purpose and what He needs done, of course. So going to church is not written in stone, so to speak, but is more like an order (ordinance), or commandment.

So when I tell people they need to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I am saying they need to listen to the KING, BECAUSE HE IS GOD! Indeed, He wants to be your friend, but that does not take priority over Him needing to be King. That is why it is easier for heaven and earth fall away that one letter of the Law.

And don't think that being in His presence today means that He cannot remove His presence from you!!! That is what the verse in the OP is about!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you said you talked to the Lord via the Holy Spirit?

Did you not even read in the - New Testament - where Jesus said that it was easier for heaven and earth to fall away that one letter of the Law?

Luke 16:17 “But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail.

Anyone walking with Jesus Christ today will find out that He has not changed, so He is still the same today that He has always been! It was Him who had the Law put in writing and given to a rebellious people who said "Let not God speak to us". And that was when they were in the presence of God, even the presence of the power of God that was making the mountain smoke and the earth quake. Still they were unwilling to listen to Him!!

Exo 19:18 Now Mount Sinai was all in smoke because the LORD descended upon it in fire; and its smoke ascended like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain quaked violently.

So it is to this day possible for a person to get into the presence of God, even in the presence of His power and yet that is NOT going to save them! Hearing Him and doing what He says is what saves you! We are saved by faith and faith comes from hearing Him! (Rom 10:17)

Mar 3:35 “For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother.”

And how do we know what His will for us is? Listening to what He tells us so we can and do go about doing it!

Jn 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.

So to fulfill the Law we, His sheep, listen to Him and walk in what He asks us to do!!

So is the Law of Truth in the Old Testament the same Law that not one letter would go away as mentioned in the New Testament?

Mal 2:6 The law of truth was in his mouth,
And injustice was not found on his lips.
He walked with Me in peace and equity,
And turned many away from iniquity.

Yeah - the Law of Truth (that is to say the Law of Jesus Christ because Jesus is the Truth) comes from hearing Him! So from hearing Him we find His statutes, ordinances, and commandments - and walk in them. But if you are saying in your heart that having come into the presence of God saves you, you are mistaken. You need to abide in His word - which is to say that you need to walk in what He tells you for that is the Law of Truth! It was the law of truth in the Old Testament and the Law of Truth in the New Testament. Abraham walk in that Law before Moses brought down the two stones in the desert to a people who were following the presence of God in the desert. And to them Moses wrote:

Deut 8:20 “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.

I told you that you should talk to Him about the verse in the OP!

Those who are saved are the spiritual off-spring of Abraham who listen to the Lord and believed He was the Lord, so Abram left the land he was in and went to the promised land, based on that belief.

1 Ki 6:12 “Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, then I will carry out My word with you which I spoke to David your father.

So again - why did you write:

How can a person say they are very concerned about walking in Him, and not know that by walking in Him they are then required to walk in His statues, and execute His ordinances, and keep His commandments??????

He is God!! He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS!! And so if you walk with Him you know that is so!! So to walk with Him means you are going to have Him as your Lord, right??? Meaning that He is going to give you instructions - commands - which He expects that you should at least trying and keep. He is going to have some rules - statues - that He is going to expect you to follow, right? And He is also going to have some littler things that He asks you to follow for a time or for a task - ordinances - that He also wants followed!!

If you indeed know Him, you know this!! These are not things that can be missed when you come to know Him!! It is why we who know Him call Him Lord!! Calling Him Lord is not some religious thing, like a password that opens door to heaven. We call Him Lord because He tells us to do things ( commands), and has some things to follow when we do a task for Him (ordinances), and He sets down rules that are as if in stone (Statues) that He insists we follow. And it just so happens those Statues are the same ones that were written in stone and brought down by Moses in the desert!!

But we don't just live the Statures, but also by the ordinances, and the commands also, and they all come from His mouth to us personally, if we indeed know Him personally!!

So what do you mean - "I don't know about walking in them"???

Do you not even realize that was a confession that you are not listening to Him - THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS??

So I told you to seek Him and listen to Him, because why should I need to point this out to you, when you could have just sought Him and got this explanation, if you were to really listen to Him?
I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate such thinking, and I would like to add nothing could be further from the truth. It's true the Word of God was written for everyone for all time, and it's for our learning because it contains what everyone should know. That does not mean every part of it is addressed to everyone in this time, because the subject matter was written either to the Jews, to the Gentiles, or to the Church of God (1 Corinthians 10:32).

To rightly understand the Word of God, one must understand what part is written to the Church of God and what part is written for the learning of the Church. Every word from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, is written for our learning. However, not all of the words from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, are addressed to us. We must learn to distinguish not only the various people, but also the different time periods God has spoken to if we want to understand the written Word of God. The time God spoke to the children of Israel is not the same time period He has spoken to us. The time He spoke to the prophets in the time of the Old Testament is not the same time period He spoke to His Son Jesus Christ in the time of the gospels.

We will never understand the truth of God’s Word if we neglect to rightly divide the subject matter. As far as we are concerned in this Grace administration, what happened to Israel in the Old Testament was written for our learning. If we do not rightly divide to whom it's addressed—the Jew, Gentile, or the Church of God, we will use one truth to contradict another truth, and we will use what is true for one group in contrast to what is also true for another group.

These different administrations are suited to different times because God has spoken everything to its proper time and administration. We will never understand the truth of God’s Word if we read into one administration what God tells us belongs to another administration. If we believe what God said in one administration and carry it into another administration that was on a different principle, we will be taking what is true for one time, and using it to contradict what is also true for another time. When we mix them all together, by jumbling the whole Bible together: Law, Gospel, Grace, Judgment, Glory, Jew, Gentile, and the Church of God, we will be very confused in our understanding of the truth of God’s Word.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate such thinking, and I would like to add nothing could be further from the truth. It's true the Word of God was written for everyone for all time, and it's for our learning because it contains what everyone should know. That does not mean every part of it is addressed to everyone in this time, because the subject matter was written either to the Jews, to the Gentiles, or to the Church of God (1 Corinthians 10:32).

To rightly understand the Word of God, one must understand what part is written to the Church of God and what part is written for the learning of the Church. Every word from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, is written for our learning. However, not all of the words from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, are addressed to us. We must learn to distinguish not only the various people, but also the different time periods God has spoken to if we want to understand the written Word of God. The time God spoke to the children of Israel is not the same time period He has spoken to us. The time He spoke to the prophets in the time of the Old Testament is not the same time period He spoke to His Son Jesus Christ in the time of the gospels.

We will never understand the truth of God’s Word if we neglect to rightly divide the subject matter. As far as we are concerned in this Grace administration, what happened to Israel in the Old Testament was written for our learning. If we do not rightly divide to whom it's addressed—the Jew, Gentile, or the Church of God, we will use one truth to contradict another truth, and we will use what is true for one group in contrast to what is also true for another group.

These different administrations are suited to different times because God has spoken everything to its proper time and administration. We will never understand the truth of God’s Word if we read into one administration what God tells us belongs to another administration. If we believe what God said in one administration and carry it into another administration that was on a different principle, we will be taking what is true for one time, and using it to contradict what is also true for another time. When we mix them all together, by jumbling the whole Bible together: Law, Gospel, Grace, Judgment, Glory, Jew, Gentile, and the Church of God, we will be very confused in our understanding of the truth of God’s Word.

What is amazing is that people who claim to have read the Bible think the Bible is the Word of God!!

Did you not read even read it?

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you;
Your reward shall be very great.”

The word of the Lord who came to Abram saying was some sacred writing but a person, the anointed One, the Son of God, Jesus Christ who we can get to know and hear from just like Abram did - but do we believe in Him? If so, that belief in Him is counted to us as righteousness, right?

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

He even took on flesh, came to earth, yet His people in general did not know Him!! Sounds like today, maybe?

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn 1:2He was in the beginning with God.

Jn 1"10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
Jn 1:11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.

So from Peterlag we read "I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. "

Indeed, Peterlat is correct on this. Of course Bible was not written directly to us personally!! But why did he write this? How did He come to think such a thing might be? Could it be because He also wrote "To rightly understand the Word of God, one must understand what part is written to the Church of God and what part is written for the learning of the Church. "

Oh wow - he is quite confused, because he thinks the Word of God means the writings instead of the person of Jesus Christ, like the writings tell us! Perhaps He does not have this revelation yet?

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

The writings are not a person, Jesus Christ is a person. Jesus Christ is the One with a robe dipped in blood and His name is called The Word of God, and certainly a person who has read the Bible would have know that, right? I would think so, but if somehow He missed it in the writing He would certainly would have understood it if He spent time walking and talking with The Word of God, our Teacher!!

I mean, Abram certain knew the name of the One who showed up in a vision and spoke to Him was "the word of the Lord/God", and Moses who wrote the passage knew the name of the One who showed up and talked to Abram was the "the word of the Lord/God". And we read above that John obviously knew the One who took on flesh and walk among the was "the Word", and that was His name, though they called Him Jesus (because He is also God's salvation). And what about the others who heard from Him, walked with Him, and wrote about Him? Didn't they know His name is called The Word of God/Lord?

1 Samuel 15:10 Then the word of the LORD came to Samuel, saying,

The Bible didn't come and talk to Samuel, did it? Of course not. The same One we called Jesus Christ and whose name is called Jesus Christ, and also Lord, came and talked to Samuel. So unlike Peterlag, Samuel knew the word of the Lord who came to Samuel is the One we call Jesus Christ! That verse could have been written:

The Jesus Christ came to Samuel, saying - except that The Word of God had not yet gone to the cross so as to be known as God's Salvation (Jesus) then.

And did not the others also write about Him being the Word of God? Oh yeah they did know Him!

1 Kings 6:11 Now the word of the LORD came to Solomon saying,
1 Kings 16:1 Now the word of the LORD came to Jehu the son of Hanani against Baasha, saying,
1KIngs 19:9 Then he came there to a cave and lodged there; and behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and He said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
2 Kings20:4 Before Isaiah had gone out of the middle court, the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
Jer 1:11 The word of the LORD came to me saying, “What do you see, Jeremiah?” And I said, “I see a rod of an almond tree.”

Oh wow - all those people who wrote the Bible (Old and New testament), were calling Jesus Christ the Word of God/Lord! Yet we find people today thinking that the Bible is the Word of God we are preaching!!

We are not preaching the Bible we are preaching Jesus Christ, so why is Peterlag confussed?

What was Paul writing about in Romans 10? I think the confusion is discussed there, and this is what walking and talking with the Lord is all about!

Rom 10:2-9 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness.
But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),
or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

The Bible is not always with you, but the Lord said He would never leave us and He sent His Holy Spirit to talk to us via our spirit. So we find the Lord speaking to us in our heart and often even in the words that come out of our mouth at times, because we don't usually pay attention to what is coming though our spirit. Therefore the Word of God we are preaching is absolutely not the Bible but what we get directly from the Holy Spirit of Christ!!!

We understand that the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own, right? And that He takes the words of God which the Father gave to the Son so that the words of God belong to Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit speaks them to us, right? So the Spirit is like streaming the Lord, right? (See Jn 16: 13-15 if you don't understand this)

Therefore Paul wrote that "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

That does not mean the law has gone away but that we fulfill the law by walking with Jesus Christ!
Still, know that He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, and like any King He has statues, ordinances, and commands!!
Walking and talking with Him does not change the fact that He is the King!! But it does mean that if you are walking and talking with Him and doing what He asks you are going to fulfill the law for righteousness!!!

That is opposed to trying to fulfill the law in an unrighteous way, right?
We would certainly understand about trying to fulfill the law in an unrighteous way, considering all the "lawfare" being done today!
Of course men have always done that! Which brings us back to walking and talking with Jesus Christ, TODAY!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is amazing is that people who claim to have read the Bible think the Bible is the Word of God!!

Did you not read even read it?

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you;
Your reward shall be very great.”

The word of the Lord who came to Abram saying was some sacred writing but a person, the anointed One, the Son of God, Jesus Christ who we can get to know and hear from just like Abram did - but do we believe in Him? If so, that belief in Him is counted to us as righteousness, right?

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

He even took on flesh, came to earth, yet His people in general did not know Him!! Sounds like today, maybe?

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn 1:2He was in the beginning with God.

Jn 1"10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
Jn 1:11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.

So from Peterlag we read "I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. "

Indeed, Peterlat is correct on this. Of course Bible was not written directly to us personally!! But why did he write this? How did He come to think such a thing might be? Could it be because He also wrote "To rightly understand the Word of God, one must understand what part is written to the Church of God and what part is written for the learning of the Church. "

Oh wow - he is quite confused, because he thinks the Word of God means the writings instead of the person of Jesus Christ, like the writings tell us! Perhaps He does not have this revelation yet?

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

The writings are not a person, Jesus Christ is a person. Jesus Christ is the One with a robe dipped in blood and His name is called The Word of God, and certainly a person who has read the Bible would have know that, right? I would think so, but if somehow He missed it in the writing He would certainly would have understood it if He spent time walking and talking with The Word of God, our Teacher!!

I mean, Abram certain knew the name of the One who showed up in a vision and spoke to Him was "the word of the Lord/God", and Moses who wrote the passage knew the name of the One who showed up and talked to Abram was the "the word of the Lord/God". And we read above that John obviously knew the One who took on flesh and walk among the was "the Word", and that was His name, though they called Him Jesus (because He is also God's salvation). And what about the others who heard from Him, walked with Him, and wrote about Him? Didn't they know His name is called The Word of God/Lord?

1 Samuel 15:10 Then the word of the LORD came to Samuel, saying,

The Bible didn't come and talk to Samuel, did it? Of course not. The same One we called Jesus Christ and whose name is called Jesus Christ, and also Lord, came and talked to Samuel. So unlike Peterlag, Samuel knew the word of the Lord who came to Samuel is the One we call Jesus Christ! That verse could have been written:

The Jesus Christ came to Samuel, saying - except that The Word of God had not yet gone to the cross so as to be known as God's Salvation (Jesus) then.

And did not the others also write about Him being the Word of God? Oh yeah they did know Him!

1 Kings 6:11 Now the word of the LORD came to Solomon saying,
1 Kings 16:1 Now the word of the LORD came to Jehu the son of Hanani against Baasha, saying,
1KIngs 19:9 Then he came there to a cave and lodged there; and behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and He said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
2 Kings20:4 Before Isaiah had gone out of the middle court, the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
Jer 1:11 The word of the LORD came to me saying, “What do you see, Jeremiah?” And I said, “I see a rod of an almond tree.”

Oh wow - all those people who wrote the Bible (Old and New testament), were calling Jesus Christ the Word of God/Lord! Yet we find people today thinking that the Bible is the Word of God we are preaching!!

We are not preaching the Bible we are preaching Jesus Christ, so why is Peterlag confussed?

What was Paul writing about in Romans 10? I think the confusion is discussed there, and this is what walking and talking with the Lord is all about!

Rom 10:2-9 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness.
But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),
or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

The Bible is not always with you, but the Lord said He would never leave us and He sent His Holy Spirit to talk to us via our spirit. So we find the Lord speaking to us in our heart and often even in the words that come out of our mouth at times, because we don't usually pay attention to what is coming though our spirit. Therefore the Word of God we are preaching is absolutely not the Bible but what we get directly from the Holy Spirit of Christ!!!

We understand that the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own, right? And that He takes the words of God which the Father gave to the Son so that the words of God belong to Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit speaks them to us, right? So the Spirit is like streaming the Lord, right? (See Jn 16: 13-15 if you don't understand this)

Therefore Paul wrote that "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

That does not mean the law has gone away but that we fulfill the law by walking with Jesus Christ!
Still, know that He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, and like any King He has statues, ordinances, and commands!!
Walking and talking with Him does not change the fact that He is the King!! But it does mean that if you are walking and talking with Him and doing what He asks you are going to fulfill the law for righteousness!!!

That is opposed to trying to fulfill the law in an unrighteous way, right?
We would certainly understand about trying to fulfill the law in an unrighteous way, considering all the "lawfare" being done today!
Of course men have always done that! Which brings us back to walking and talking with Jesus Christ, TODAY!
I can't follow your point. I don't understand your religion so I can't make sense out of what you are writing about. Can you give it to me in a couple of sentences.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't follow your point. I don't understand your religion so I can't make sense out of what you are writing about. Can you give it to me in a couple of sentences.

Reallly - you can't understand what I am talking about? It's:

"by walking in them"

It is the title of the thread, and is in the verse at the start of the thread.

If a person walks and talks with our Lord Jesus Christ they are going to figure out who He is. Indeed that is the way to really get to know who He is!!!

For one thing - He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS who rules over all things!! You can read that in the Bible but to really understand that try spending some time talking to Him!!

And because He is the King He has statues (Laws that apply in His Kingdom).
He also has ordinances (rules with are not in stone but apply depending on circumstances)
He also gives commands, to each of us personally, and everyone in the Kingdom of God would know this if they truly confess Him as Lord!

Now a person could just say 'Jesus Christ is Lord' and not actually confess Him to be their Lord, because they don't actually walk in what He says, but rather they just pretend obedience to Him. Which is to say they don't actually "walk in them" - the Statues, Ordinances, and Commands the Lord has. And that is because they don't actually listen to Him.

Therefore "walking in them" (the Statues, Ordinances, and Commands) that He has for us requires that we actually do listen to Him and try to follow thru on what He says!!!!

Indeed, it is that way (listening to Him and doing what He personally tells us) which is "rightfully" following the law - as opposed to trying to use the law of God in an unrighteous way - eg. Like we see being done today in the courts of this country.

So a person can say they like the presence of God and mean it, but still not like the instructions of God!! And if that happens then the Lord our God will at some point remove His presence from them!!! Or do we not know that we are the temple of God?

So in the OP I asked:

So do we not have to fulfill His statues, and execute His ordinances, and keep all His commandments BY WALKING IN THEM - meaning by walking and talking back and forth with Him?

Now the OP, as explained in the OP, was a result of actually talking back and forth with the Lord our God. And it was Him who asked me to post the thread, if a person cares to believe it. Yet that is what I heard and discussed with Him! And He seem to be saying that like king Solomons temple for God, we make and maintain out temple for the Lord (ourselves) by listening to Him and doing what He tells us!

I understand that He is a merciful God, and I need Him to be because I mess things up all the time, even though I wish and put some effort into doing what I hear Him tell me to do - like post this thread. So I spend time writing to make it clear, but it already should be clear to everyone who walks and talks with Him, that just hearing Him is not enough to keep His presence in the temple! Some effort is also required and that effort is walking in His Statues, Ordinances, and Commands. And that mean actually listening to Him, and that means hearing Him by faith, which might also require some belief and effort.

Yet all Christians should know this, right? I mean His sheep hear His voice and He reproves and disciplines those He loves, right? So we know this, and would not write:

I don't know about walking in them, but I'm very concerned about walking in him

Would we? How can we say we don't know about walking in them 'His statues, ordinances, and commands' if we are walking and talking back and for with Him?

For example: I had a neighbor that decided to throw the extra paint from a painting project He had on my grass and it kill the grass. So I started thinking that perhaps I should throw something on his grass to kill it. But instantly the Lord spoke to me and clearly saying, "Karl, vengeance is Mine. I do that. I take vengeance," He said. and He continue to make His point and giving me a teaching and explanation. So that even if I had not read it in the Bible I knew that He has a rule against us/me taking vengeance against my neighbor. It was made clear to me because I do hear from Him!!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reallly - you can't understand what I am talking about? It's:

"by walking in them"

It is the title of the thread, and is in the verse at the start of the thread.

If a person walks and talks with our Lord Jesus Christ they are going to figure out who He is. Indeed that is the way to really get to know who He is!!!

For one thing - He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS who rules over all things!! You can read that in the Bible but to really understand that try spending some time talking to Him!!

And because He is the King He has statues (Laws that apply in His Kingdom).
He also has ordinances (rules with are not in stone but apply depending on circumstances)
He also gives commands, to each of us personally, and everyone in the Kingdom of God would know this if they truly confess Him as Lord!

Now a person could just say 'Jesus Christ is Lord' and not actually confess Him to be their Lord, because they don't actually walk in what He says, but rather they just pretend obedience to Him. Which is to say they don't actually "walk in them" - the Statues, Ordinances, and Commands the Lord has. And that is because they don't actually listen to Him.

Therefore "walking in them" (the Statues, Ordinances, and Commands) that He has for us requires that we actually do listen to Him and try to follow thru on what He says!!!!

Indeed, it is that way (listening to Him and doing what He personally tells us) which is "rightfully" following the law - as opposed to trying to use the law of God in an unrighteous way - eg. Like we see being done today in the courts of this country.

So a person can say they like the presence of God and mean it, but still not like the instructions of God!! And if that happens then the Lord our God will at some point remove His presence from them!!! Or do we not know that we are the temple of God?

So in the OP I asked:

Now the OP, as explained in the OP, was a result of actually talking back and forth with the Lord our God. And it was Him who asked me to post the thread, if a person cares to believe it. Yet that is what I heard and discussed with Him! And He seem to be saying that like king Solomons temple for God, we make and maintain out temple for the Lord (ourselves) by listening to Him and doing what He tells us!

I understand that He is a merciful God, and I need Him to be because I mess things up all the time, even though I wish and put some effort into doing what I hear Him tell me to do - like post this thread. So I spend time writing to make it clear, but it already should be clear to everyone who walks and talks with Him, that just hearing Him is not enough to keep His presence in the temple! Some effort is also required and that effort is walking in His Statues, Ordinances, and Commands. And that mean actually listening to Him, and that means hearing Him by faith, which might also require some belief and effort.

Yet all Christians should know this, right? I mean His sheep hear His voice and He reproves and disciplines those He loves, right? So we know this, and would not write:

Would we? How can we say we don't know about walking in them 'His statues, ordinances, and commands' if we are walking and talking back and for with Him?

For example: I had a neighbor that decided to throw the extra paint from a painting project He had on my grass and it kill the grass. So I started thinking that perhaps I should throw something on his grass to kill it. But instantly the Lord spoke to me and clearly saying, "Karl, vengeance is Mine. I do that. I take vengeance," He said. and He continue to make His point and giving me a teaching and explanation. So that even if I had not read it in the Bible I knew that He has a rule against us/me taking vengeance against my neighbor. It was made clear to me because I do hear from Him!!
Oh. Well, I don't know anything about the Lord God. Don't care about Statues, Ordinances, and Commands either.