Cain and Abel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrdoo9

So, you are a 'queer'?

I don't try to overcome Scripture. I try to understand it and then teach what I understand. I have no problem believing plain statements found in the Scripture.

Take the 'Easter' subject to the correct place instead of here.

You have constantly put down other believers. And now you whine because you say that my posts contain a 'put down'....of you. Well, it wasn't hard to do. There is an old saying, give them enough rope, and they will hang themselves.

I doubt you are censored for quoting Scripture. If you are censored, it is probably because of your misuse of Scripture. You definitely show a lack of knowledge of the Scripture.

I'm surprised too.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:
What kind of water?
I believe water here is the word of God. This same act of being born-again is spoken of in (Titus 3:5) " Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" Our regeneration is said to be a 'washing'.

And in (Eph. 5:25-26) we see the word spoken of as 'water' and used to cleanse. "...even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word."

Even if Nicodemus didn't know that water was equated with the 'word', as a Pharisee he should have understood the washing aspect of regeneration as it was constantly done with the sacrifices. And the act of the new birth was fortold in (Ez.36:24-26) "For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmm I quiet agree stranger. It is His word , His spoken word that Gives life, when we go to and hear from Him, we grow and His word imparts life into us.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
oh, i dunno, the flesh seems to be doing pretty good around here, pretty much like everywhere else, i guess. Anyone here walking on water yet? Besides Stranger, i mean?
Stranger said:
bbyrdoo9

So, you are a 'queer'?
well, let's be honest, you get away with that, by your clever phrasing, and so you have merely found a cute way to keep petting yourself, and denying Scripture, which describes the human condition as "two men in a bed," and uses numerous examples of sexual references to be taken in a spiritual sense, for a seeker to apply to their walk, today; or to use for the oppression of others, which is obviously your goal.

You have constantly put down other believers.
by providing proof that Easter is not in Scripture, and that it is merely your opinion that it is? Or how, exactly? Because i have strictly stuck to the issues, and concepts, and backed them up with Scripture--wherein i am called a "sore loser," and tbh i doubt anyone else has come forward yet there, but i'll go look now; for sure, i know for a fact, that no other Witness has been presented from Scripture, because it does not exist, does it--yet you seem to be allowed to slur people at will. If you are married to your opinions, then of course those opinions must be true, right? And anyone suggesting they are not is attacking you, is that the logic here?

So, am i supposed to allow your willful misinterpretations of Scripture to stand here? So, are you a liar? Because let's admit, i have put down no one, that is your department, that you have raised to an art form, and you have no proof, and no quotes, to support you there, either (just like you don't at Easter, and you fell into a hole at Job, regardless of whether you are able to see it or not). Or if you do, then bring them here, and i will apologize--which i know is a foreign concept to you, so i'll just leave you to look it up on your own. Are you a silly little man, and a charlatan, puffed up on himself, to the exclusion of everything but his own opinion?

Am i getting the hang of this, is this how it becomes ok to put people down, and expanding on "He who holds out to the end will be saved" gets one demerits?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
mjrhealth said:
Hmm I quiet agree stranger. It is His word , His spoken word that Gives life, when we go to and hear from Him, we grow and His word imparts life into us.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
yes, but you are having two different conversations, because S obviously still thinks that the Book is the Word, so i wonder what that discussion would reveal, revealing that It is not?

my prediction is either complete meltdown, if i am allowed to keep posting, or complete denial, what is your guess? Because that is what truth does, to the blind.

i'll be back in a couple hours, and tbh it wouldn't surprise me if someone with a (Baseless) opinion on the matter has not already silenced me, because i "offended" them. We'll see.

In the beginning was Word, and Word was with God, and Word was God

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title of this thread is Cain and Abel. If a person can not understand that Abel believed God when God said that only shed blood could be used. -- Cain did not believe God and demanded that God accept the works of his own hands.

It is true today, The scriptures tell us that Jesus attoned (paid) for all the sins of the world when He shed His blood on the cross. The real question is why don't the religious acknowledge it?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

You go out of your way to make the point that it is God's 'spoken' word that gives life. I assume you want to make the distinction between that and the 'written' word. Correct?

John 6:63 makes no distinction between the spoken and written word. The distinction there is 'spirit' and 'flesh'. To which I agree.

Do you not agree that the written word of God is His word? As I have said before, if not, then why do you keep quoting Scripture?

If the 'spoken' word of God is what is being said, have you heard it? Audibly? I know, ears to hear. But having ears to hear does not discount the written word of God. It involves the written word of God.

Why did Jesus not say, 'It is spoken', instead of saying 'it is written'?

Stranger