Cains wife

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
I just looked into Cain's saying that he was driven from "the face of the earth".It was his perception of the punishment:-the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground."And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth." (Gen.4:11-12)Clearly he wasn't driven from the surface of the earth to dwell in the sky or the sea.Alao we read that men generally dwelt on the face of the earth and Cain was to be among them:-Ge:6:1: And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earthGe:6:7: And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the airOne meaning of face means favour:"Face": pânîym: Plural (but always used as a singular) of an unused noun (פּנה pâneh, paw-neh'; from 6437); the face (as the part that turns); used in a great variety of applications (literally and figuratively); also (with prepositional prefix) as a preposition (before, etc.): - + accept, a (be-) fore (-time), against, anger, X as (long as), at, + battle, + because (of), + beseech, countenance, edge, + employ, endure, + enquire, face, favour, Cain was driven from favourable land, in the same was as he lost favour with God . . Ge:4:14: Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid;Any thoughts?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(TallMan;68501)
I just looked into Cain's saying that he was driven from "the face of the earth".It was his perception of the punishment:-the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground."And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth." (Gen.4:11-12)Clearly he wasn't driven from the surface of the earth to dwell in the sky or the sea.Alao we read that men generally dwelt on the face of the earth and Cain was to be among them:-Ge:6:1: And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earthGe:6:7: And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the airOne meaning of face means favour:"Face": pânîym: Plural (but always used as a singular) of an unused noun (פּנה pâneh, paw-neh'; from 6437); the face (as the part that turns); used in a great variety of applications (literally and figuratively); also (with prepositional prefix) as a preposition (before, etc.): - + accept, a (be-) fore (-time), against, anger, X as (long as), at, + battle, + because (of), + beseech, countenance, edge, + employ, endure, + enquire, face, favour, Cain was driven from favourable land, in the same was as he lost favour with God . . Ge:4:14: Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid;Any thoughts?
Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.Genesis 1:10 - And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.There are TWO meanings of the word Earth, as I'm aware of. I can mean dry land or the planet Earth.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Right Jordan and Tallman he was driven out of area the land around Eden where Adam and Eve lived he was driven out into the World to the land of Nod which means "wander" He was afraid he would be killed not reconized so God put a mark upon him so everyone would know who he was a not kill him ...In Nod he took a wife and built a city question ... 1.who was he afraid of that would not know him and kill him?question 2. who did he built a city for ? The idea that Adam and Eve had awhole bunch of daughters and sons between Cain and Seth is nothing but speculation and nothing not a single word from God is written about this in the Word ..it is not the answer and its only a failure of men to understand Gods word that they come up with an answer they think will work (did Adam and Eve have children after Seth yes they had many )but none of this answers the questions about Cain...

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(Christina;68505)
The idea that Adam and Eve had awhole bunch of daughters and sons between Cain and Seth is nothing but speculation and nothing not a single word from God is written about this in the Word .
God had already said that it is not good for man to be alone, we also know that man is created witha sex-drive and we know that both Cain and Seth had wives while in the presence of The Lord.The idea that Adam and Eve only had 3 children (all boys) in 130 years is also speculation. If you get to know the other scriptures on the subject (I mentioned some by Jesus and Paul, there are others), I don't believe one don't needs to speculate as "God is not the author of confusion", his word is a sharp two-edged sword, his Spirit dissolves doubts. Did Seth, progenetor of Jesus Christ, inter-breed with a non-adamic woman?. . . I am of course open to correction or further enlightenment.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(TallMan;68507)
God had already said that it is not good for man to be alone, we also know that man is created witha sex-drive and we know that both Cain and Seth had wives while in the presence of The Lord.The idea that Adam and Eve only had 3 children (all boys) in 130 years is also speculation. If you get to know the other scriptures on the subject (I mentioned some by Jesus and Paul, there are others), I don't believe one don't needs to speculate as "God is not the author of confusion", his word is a sharp two-edged sword, his Spirit dissolves doubts. Did Seth, progenetor of Jesus Christ, inter-breed with a non-adamic woman?. . . I am of course open to correction or further enlightenment.
Adam is locked in a cage called Garden of Eden alone. The sixth day people (Genesis 1:26-28, Genesis 1:31) was not involved in Eden!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(Jordan;68508)
Adam is locked in a cage called Garden of Eden alone. The sixth day people (Genesis 1:26-28, Genesis 1:31) was not involved in Eden!
Jordan - please respond to the scriptural points I made regarding this assertion in post #17.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(TallMan;68507)
Jordan is right you missing the point God didnt start the World upon incest ...He made them male and female gave them the oder to replenish the earth be fruitful and multiply He created all the races on the sixth day ... Thats why all the trees and plants were for food all the races lived in the World and the land of Nod .... Only Adam and Eve were in the Garden it was a special place made to keep them set aside to be the blood line of Christ they were alone in Garden ....... All the others were outside in the World ......... It was from the races outside the garden Cain took a wife itwas for the races Cain built a city ... Itwas from the races the other children of Adam and Eve married ... The story of the Bible isnt about the races its about Jesus Christ from where he would come and his blood line .... That would lead to our salvation

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(Christina;68513)
Jordan is right you missing the point God didnt start the World upon incest
Where is this point stated?Incest was only out-lawed hundreds of years later. Abraham also lived before that law and committed incest, yet he was not cursed . . You are not rightly dividing the word.(1500BC): Lev:18:6: None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him,to uncover their nakedness: . . . :9: . . . of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, ordaughter of thy mother, . . . :29: For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit themshall be cut off from among their people.400 years previously Abraham says:-Gen:20:12 she (Sarah) is my sister; she is the daughter of my father,but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.Did Abraham suffer punnishment?On the contrary!Gen:24:1: And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the Lord had blessed Abraham in all things.The fossil record shows that the climate was very different before the flood, many plants and animals were much bigger, and the biblical record shows people living to great ages so it seems the removal of the waters above the firmament increased radiation and genetic mutation.+ the separation of peoples at Babel reduced the gene pool.The law in Leviticus was written hundreds of years later when Israel were a more limited genepool and the mutations and effects of the fall were increased.Marrying a close relation gives an increased risk that a defect will be passed on so God added this law, things weren't so bad in Abraham's time and before, especially at the beginning where God created man with un-mutated genes.(Christina;68513)
...He made them male and female gave them the oder to replenish the earth be fruitful and multiply He created all the races on the sixth day
Where is that stated?My bible says he made "man, male and female"; not "men, males and females".(Christina;68513)
... Thats why all the trees and plants were for food all the races lived in the World and the land of Nod ....
How does having plants & trees for food show races?Why did different races dwell in the same land when in more recent history they dwelt in different lands?(Christina;68513)
. . . Itwas from the races the other children of Adam and Eve married ... The story of the Bible isnt about the races its about Jesus Christ from where he would come and his blood line .... That would lead to our salvation
So you believe the bloodline of Christ was a mixture of Seth and a wife from another race?"Jesus . . . the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam" (Luke 3)Other scriptural points in post #17 remain unanswered.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Tallman;68514)
(Christina;68513)
Jordan is right you missing the point God didnt start the World upon incest
Where is this point stated?Incest was onl;y outlawed hundreds of years later , Abraham also broke thos elater laws and was blessed not cursed.You are not rightly dividing the word.Abraham and Sarah are indeed HALF-brother and HALF-sister. They are both born of a different father. So technically it's not incest.(Tallman;68514)
(Christina;68513)
...He made them male and female gave them the oder to replenish the earth be fruitful and multiply He created all the races on the sixth day
Where is that stated?My bible says he made man, male and female, not men , males and females.Genesis 1:28(Tallman;68514)
(Christina;68513)
... Thats why all the trees and plants were for food all the races lived in the World and the land of Nod ....
How does having plants & trees for food show races?Why did different races dwell in the same land when in more recent history they dwelt in different lands?She said food.... food that we eat...And secondly it might confuse you, but she never uses periods and comma in posts. She uses periods as a pause.(Tallman;68514)
(Christina;68513)
. . . Itwas from the races the other children of Adam and Eve married ...The story of the Bible isnt about the races its about Jesus Christ from where he would come and his blood line .... That would lead to our salvation
So you believe the bloodline of Christ was a mixture of Seth and a wife from another race?"Jesus . . . which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam" (Luke 3)Other scriptural points in post #17 remain unanswered.Christ is never a descendant of Cain. Cain is not Adam's son. Cain was in Genesis 4. Cain doesn't exist in Adam's lineage to Christ (Genesis 5, Luke 3:23-38) So no she doesn't believe that junk, nor do I.Actually it's been answered ages ago. Read #19 & 20.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Believe whatever they taught you in Sunday School but you show one verse one scripture anything that says any of it ... There isnt a single Word of it.You dont have to believe it but what I have said it is the only scenario that has any biblical support ... The only one of the two.... The creation week is much like a prologue it lays out the basic How and where of the Story we are going to be told God created the earth and all upon it including male and female (all the races) and commanded them replenish the earth be fruitful and multiply He gave then fruit trees food This is exactly what scripture says. Then God rested on the 7th day ......(End Prologue)26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. this word man = mankind 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. All the earth not single garden 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. he has created them male and female No mention of Adam Then God rested the End of the this chapter If Genesis ended here it would make perfect sense to us that God created all the races. Gods Starts our story the story of our Savior starts here God awakes and looks at his earth and all he has created and he is pleased but then we have a problem here God relizes he has given these people everything they need to eat but he has no man to till the soil (spirtually speaking there is no man plant the seed of Christ i.e. Start the Bloodline)5And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. 7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.This Word man is differnt Word then the one used above on the 6thday the one in Gen 27 means mankind (Men (as in plural) the here means "THE MAN" singlar So God made Adam. To till the soil (plant the seed of Christ to come)Then makes a garden ............(now the whole earth we are already told above is planted with trees and seeds ) but the Garden has gates as we are later told that is walled off from the rest . God puts Adam in a Garden to keep him apart to seperate him from the races he was the First Man of his kind (race ) ( Ruddy colored ..) ,The First man in the ..Kings (Christ's) Bloodline of which would come Noah ..Abraham... .David .... Christ geneology is of upmost importance In scripture Men have totally missed this because they assumed First met only ...it did/does not it met First in line Bloodline. This is our story from Adam on God didnt spend much time on the races because they are not part of our story .... They would in the future mix and marry with fallen angels they would become full of sin and God would eventully send the flood and most would die. They are not the story Adam is How does that change anything Adam was the first in his bloodline he was alone in the Garden till Eve was created ... he had no contact with the other races. The other races could have lived 100 miles or more away the earth is a big place ...futher more we are told through the name Nod they were wanders (most likely hunters and gathers) not farmers (soil tillers)We do not hear any of any these people who will come to die in the flood until Cain is sent away to their land Nod and there he takes a wife and builds the first city. Then the Story goes back to Adam and Eve

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(Christina;68522)
Believe whatever they taught you in Sunday School but you show one verse one scripture anything that says any of it ... There isnt a single Word of it.You dont have to believe it but what I have said it is the only scenario that has any biblical support
Statements like that are hollow and meaningless when you ignore all the scriptural points I make.If what you believe fits the word you would respond directly instead of making irrelevant "Sunday School" comments(Christina;68522)
27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he [COLOR="Lime]them. this word man = mankind . . . he has created them male and female No mention of Adam
yes, just like there are is dog-kind, bear-kind, daisy-kind.The hebrew is adam and Genesis 1 is directly quoted in the generations of Adam in Genesis 5, compare the language and see."God is not the author of confusion".(Christina;68522)
All the earth not single garden
yes, God created the earth to be filled (replenished) by humans. God didn't cerate the earth filled with humans, he created it to be filled by humans, the original ones would multiply and fill the earth and subdue it . . . this is God's plan for mankind.(Christina;68522)
God awakes and looks at his earth and all he has created and he is pleased but then we have a problem here God relizes he has given these people everything they need to eat but he has no man to till the soil (spirtually speaking there is no man plant the seed of Christ i.e. Start the Bloodline)
so "till the soil" actually means plant the seed of Christ!Was Enoch's mother of Adam?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God bent the rules (initially) and let the few people on Earth take part in incest to get the whole thing jump-started?And yet you are the one lecturing here about sticking to the Bible??
rolleyes.gif
Regardless of whether God gave it then or now, he said it:Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Quit making it a story about humans and understand that it's ultimately about God. Clearly, he would never encourage sinful behavior because it's sinful behavior regardless. To somehow suggest that it's not sinful because God didn't say it yet is a complete fallacy and a very, very poor attempt to reconcile one hole in a sea of holes in a badly-explained fairytale story.

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
(Denver;68574)
So God bent the rules (initially) and let the few people on Earth take part in incest to get the whole thing jump-started?And yet you are the one lecturing here about sticking to the Bible??
rolleyes.gif
Regardless of whether God gave it then or now, he said it:Hebrews 13:8Quit making it a story about humans and understand that it's ultimately about God. Clearly, he would never encourage sinful behavior because it's sinful behavior regardless. To somehow suggest that it's not sinful because God didn't say it yet is a complete fallacy and a very, very poor attempt to reconcile one hole in a sea of holes in a badly-explained fairytale story.
God hadn't made the rules yet as Romans 5:12-13 explains. He didn't give men the law until Moses. Now you can lie about that, or make up your own bible or a fairy tale of your imagination or whatever you want to do to lie about God. But the bible clearly shows that God didn't give us the law before the flood. So I'll stick with the bible.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Carico;68572)
(Jordan;68570)
That's because God didn't need incest to populate the Earth. Adam did not exist on the 6th day. (Genesis 1:26-28, Genesis 1:31) He existed after God rested on the seventh day. (Genesis 2:1-2) Adam existed at Genesis 2:7.And how do you explain Genesis 3:15 if the entire human race came from Adam and Eve?Genesis 3:14 - And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:Genesis 3:15 - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
More incorrect statements. Genesis 1:24-31 makes it crystal clear that God created Adam on the 6th day. The 7th day, God rested. He did no work because he had finished His creation. Genesis 2:7 is simply explaining HOW God created man, not when. Genesis 3:15 is clearly telling Eve that her offspring and the offspring of the serpent will be in enmity. That says nothing about Adam and Eve not parenting the whole human race. :So you are making up your own bible.
rolleyes.gif
Oh now you are admitting that the serpent will have sons as well... You are clearly contradicting yourself. You know what, I'm going to try a different approach because this approach never works and I am just reminded Isaiah 28:10 on my sig.Genesis 3:14 - And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:...Revelation 12:9 - And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.Revelation 20:2 - And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,..........Genesis 3:15 - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed (H2233) and her seed; (H2233) it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.H2233 - Seed1) seed, sowing, offspringa) a sowing
cool.gif
seedc) semen viriled) offspring, descendants, posterity, childrene) of moral quality1) a practitioner of righteousness (fig.)f) sowing time (by meton) 2233 zera` zeh'-rah from 2232; seed; figuratively, fruit, plant, sowing-time, posterity:--X carnally, child, fruitful, seed(-time), sowing- time.

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
Oh now you are admitting that the serpent will have sons as well... You are clearly contradicting yourself. You know what, I'm going to try a different approach because this approach never works and I am just reminded Isaiah 28:10 on my sig.
Are you claiming that serpents don't reproduce? :eek: Do you know why most women have an aversion to snakes? The serpent represents the devil but it is also a reptile that crawls along the ground on its belly. Sorry, Jordon, but you're interpretations are way off-base to the point that you have distorted and contradicted the whole bible.
rolleyes.gif
But you can put your faith in fallible scientists who disagree with each other and change their minds with the seasons if you like. But your faith is then on shifting sand that cannot produce a solid foundation. I prefer to put my faith in God which never crumbles. And that's why my interpretations don't contradict any scripture.
smile.gif

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Carico;68575)
God hadn't made the rules yet as Romans 5:12-13 explains. He didn't give men the law until Moses. Now you can lie about that, or make up your own bible or a fairy tale of your imagination or whatever you want to do to lie about God. But the bible clearly shows that God didn't give us the law before the flood. So I'll stick with the bible.
Sorry but this IS a RULE made before the flood:Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Carico, you will never understand the END if you don't understand the BEGINNING. Again, I will explain it to you in the millennium.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(TallMan;68545)
Statements like that are hollow and meaningless when you ignore all the scriptural points I make.If what you believe fits the word you would respond directly instead of making irrelevant "Sunday School" commentsyes, just like there are is dog-kind, bear-kind, daisy-kind.The hebrew is adam and Genesis 1 is directly quoted in the generations of Adam in Genesis 5, compare the language and see."God is not the author of confusion".yes, God created the earth to be filled (replenished) by humans. God didn't cerate the earth filled with humans, he created it to be filled by humans, the original ones would multiply and fill the earth and subdue it . . . this is God's plan for mankind.so "till the soil" actually means plant the seed of Christ!Was Enoch's mother of Adam?
I have seen no scripture proving Cain married his sister ...and I dont understand your question about Enoch and I said till the soil is a farmer in a spirtual sense it means to plant seeds.. what seed was God needing to plant with Adam? The seed line (bloodline of Christ ) if you dont understand the difference between spirtual meaning and physical I dont know what to tell you ...

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
Titus 3:9, "But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments about the law because they are unprofitable and useless."Romans 5:13, "for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law." That's a true statement because it comes from God. That means that before God said that incest was against the law, then incest was not a sin any more than aborting one's baby is breaking a human law if there is no human law against abortion.So I'm not going to argue about it any more. Incest was not considered a sin before the law against incest was given to us. End of story. Those who disagree with God's word can argue with him forever but it won't change His word one iota. I don't wish to be a party to it.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, you have a right to your opinion as they always say, but I'll stick to the Word.If you want to attribute unrighteousness to God - go for it! I won't be party to that, though, because you're running around saying that God allowed an immoral act and then only later made it a sin. For those others reading this, remember:Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
So, holding up your false assertion to be true, God just told Adam and Eve to practice incest -- which again I refer you to that other part of Scripture that exists to show God is 1) always righteous and 2)never changing. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, period.