Cains wife

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

slipstream

Feb 12, 2008
I have just been reading about Cain and Abel.Can anyone explain please where Cain,s wife came from? and alsoif god marked Cain so no one would kill him, who was going to kill him, as he had just Killed Abel and there was only Adam and Eve and himself left.I expect this topic has been disgust many times before.Many thanks.Roger

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well that is the question that Know one wants to explain sufficently or they want you to believe the standard ridicoulous answer of Cain somehow was miracouly forgiven came back and married his sister. and we dont really know who he was afraid of on top of that he built a city for who we do not have answers for either. Thats the standard church answer. taught by men Or I can start a big argument by telling you what the Hebrew makes more clear and explains things perfectly it doesnt effect what we have been taught about Christ but for some reason reason people would rather believe what they learned in Sunday school.So if you want the real answer and to hear the arguments I'll tell you

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
Why do you not believe he married his sister? Adam had many sons and daughters did he not? Gen 5:4Donnie

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes after Seth but we are never told of any when Cain is kicked out nor are we ever told of any sinful incest nor is Cain ever forgiven he never appears in Adams Genologlyits all quess's and speculation there is not one provable fact in this Sunday school tale

Elias

Dec 6, 2007
The canon of the Ethiopic Bible differs both in the Old and New Testament from that of any other churches. As a whole, books written in the Geez language and on parchment are numerous. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church has 46 books of the Old Testament and 35 books of the New Testament that will bring the total of canonized books of the Bible to 81.So will find that answer form The Book of JubileesCain and Abel (iv. 1-12; cf. Gen. iv.).IV. And in the third week in the second jubilee 64-70 A.M. she gave birth to Cain, and in the fourth she gave birth 71-77 A.M. to Abel, and in the fifth she gave birth to her daughter 78-84 A.M. ’Âwân. 3 2. And in the first (year) of the third jubilee, 99-105 A.M. Cain slew Abel because (God) accepted the sacrifice of Abel, and did not accept the offering of Cain. 3. And he slew him in the field: and his blood cried from the ground to heaven, complaining because he had slain him. 4 4. And the Lord reproved Cain because of Abel, because he had slain him, and he made him a fugitive on the earth because of the blood of his brother, and he cursed him upon the earth. 55. And on this account it is written on the heavenly tables, "Cursed is he who smiteth his neighbour treacherously, and let all who have seen and heard say, So be it; and the man who hath seen and not declared (it), let him be accursed as the other." 6. And for this reason we announce when we come before the Lord our God all the sin which is committed in heaven and on earth, and in light and in darkness, and everywhere. 7. And Adam and his wife mourned for Abel four weeks of years, and in the fourth year (99-127) 130 A.M. of the fifth week they became joyful, and Adam knewp. 52his wife again, and she bare him a son, and he 1 called his name Seth; for he said "God hath raised up a second seed unto us on the earth instead of Abel; for Cain slew him." 2 8. And in the sixth week he 134-140 A.M. begat his daughter ’Azûrâ. 9. And Cain took ’Âwân his sister to be his wife and she bare him Enoch 3 at190-196 A.M. the close of the fourth jubilee. And in the first year of the first week of the fifth jubilee, houses were built 197 A.M. on the earth, and Cain built a city, and called its name after the name of his son Enoch. 10. And Adam knew Eve his wife and she bare yet nine sons. 4 225-231 A.M. 11. And in the fifth week of the fifth jubilee Seth took ’Azûrâ his sister to be his wife, and in the fourth235 A.M. (year of the sixth week) she bare him Enos. 5 12. He 6 began to call on the name of the Lord on the earth.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I realize there are works out there that say this but we can not take them as scripture

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(slipstream;35307)
I have just been reading about Cain and Abel.Can anyone explain please where Cain,s wife came from? and alsoif god marked Cain so no one would kill him, who was going to kill him, as he had just Killed Abel and there was only Adam and Eve and himself left.I expect this topic has been disgust many times before.Many thanks.Roger
> > > > > > > > > > > > >Most have read when Cain talked with Abel and in the field murdered him.> > > > > > > > > > > > >Gen.4:8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. > > > > > > > > > > >God then cursed and drove Cain out, and Cain said.> > > > > > > > > > >Gen.4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. > > > > > > > > > > > >Whom is Cain worried about, every one that finds me shall slay me?> > > > > > > > > > > >Gen.4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. > > > > > > > > > > > >Where did Cain find a wife?The answers are in the Hebrew text of (Gen.1:26 and Gen.2:7).> > > > > > > > > > > >__Mankind__Gen.1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. > > > > > > > > > > > >The word “man” (Gen.1:26) in the Hebrew text looks like this ( אדם ).With no article means “Mankind”, transliterated is (adam).> > > > > > > > > > > >__Adham__Gen.2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. > > > > > > > > > > > >The word “man” (Gen.2:7) in the Hebrew text looks like this ( את־האדם ).With the article and particle means “The man Adham”, transliterated is (eth-Ha adham).> > > > > > > > > > > >__The Answers__> > > > > > > > > > >On the sixth day, God created or made “Mankind”.On the eighth day, God formed “the man Adham”.> > > > > > > > > > >Gen.3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. > > > > > > > > > > > >So why is it written in (Gen.3:20) that Eve was the mother of all living?Because it was God’s plan, umbilical cord to umbilical cord would be born Jesus Christ.> > > > > > > > > > > >

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(Ek Pyros;35401)
Cain's wife came before Adam and Eve conceived? That doesn't make sense...Here's a better answer: http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/.../cains_wife.asp
I checked out the link and it is wrong and not even close to a better answer. Which do you study and believe, man's word or God's Word?There is clearly a difference in the Hebrew text translated, "man" Gen.1:26 ( אדם ) and "man" Gen.2:7 ( את־האדם )Ask a Biblical scholar one familiar with the manuscripts and they will confirm the truth.

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
Hey Wayne, could you explain yourself a little more? What is the difference between "man" and "man"?

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(stlizzy;35419)
Hey Wayne, could you explain yourself a little more? What is the difference between "man" and "man"?
__Mankind__Gen.1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. > > > > > > > > > > > >The word “man” (Gen.1:26) in the Hebrew text looks like this ( אדם ).With no article means “Mankind”, transliterated is (adam).> > > > > > > > > > > >__Adham__Gen.2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. > > > > > > > > > > > >The word “man” (Gen.2:7) in the Hebrew text looks like this ( את־האדם ).With the article and particle means “The man Adham”, transliterated is (eth-Ha adham).I hope that helps, I could document more.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wayne is absolutely right here this is like today the difference of saying "We are all men"And "there goes that Man"one is all genderless mankind the other refers to a specific Individual.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Elias;35554)
And Cain took ’Âwân his sister to be his wife and she bare him Enoch 3 at190-196 A.M. the close of the fourth jubilee.
Jubilee is not scripture we can not accept it as the Word of God it could have been altered we do not know

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
On the sixth day of creation God made all the races of men thus the Hebrew word for all men was used they were given the command go replenish the earth and multiply it was not until the after God rested on the seventh day, does it mention Adam the Hebrew word for The Man (that individual) It was one of these sixth day creations that Cain married and whom he was afraid would kill him thus God marked him, It was these sixth day creation that Cain built the city for.The idea Cain married his sister is never written and everything about him being sent away banned as punishment would be for naught ... This is idea is from early pagan (Sumerian nonJew) carvings and was added to certain books later they are not part of scripture I believe its these very forged additions that kept certain books like Jubilees out of the bible the early fathers knew they were not true ...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;68323)
On the sixth day of creation God made all the races of men thus the Hebrew word for all men was used they were given the command go repleish the earth and muliply it was not until the after God rested on the seventh day, does it mention Adam the Hebrew word for The Man (that indivitual) It was one of these sixth day creations that Cain married and whom he was afraid would kill him thus God marked him, It was these sixth day creation that Cain built the city for.The idea Cain married his siter is never written and eveything about him being sent away banned as punishment would be for naught ... This is idea is from early pagon carvings and was added to certain books later they are not part of scripture I believe its these very forged additions that kept certain books like Jubilees out of the bible the early fathers knew they were not true ...
That is a great post.
smile.gif
Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let us make man (H120) in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.H120 - 'adam1) man, mankinda) man, human being
cool.gif
man, mankind (much more frequently intended sense in OT)c) Adam, first mand) city in Jordan valley 120 'adam aw-dawm' from 119; ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.):--X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.As you can see here, God created male and female. Other words, He created man and a woman...But is Adam a woman? No! So therefore the word 'adam (H120) mean mankind as a WHOLE in this case.Genesis 1:31 - And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(slipstream;35307)
. . . Can anyone explain please where Cain,s wife came from?
"Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, . . .And Cain knew (had sexual relations with) his wife, and she conceived"So, Cain already had a wife.Where did he get her from?Same place Seth got his (see Gen.4:26) - where he was before.You see the birth of daughters was not being mentioned.She was probably a daughter of Adam & Eve, or possibly Abel.He obviously wanted a wife, so who wouldn't have God have provided him one?(slipstream;35307)
if god marked Cain so no one would kill him, who was going to kill him, as he had just Killed Abel and there was only Adam and Eve and himself left.
Not so, as shown above.Only certain characters are mentioned. The generations of Adam (Gen 5) doesn't even mention Cain and Abel.Other children were being born and they were having children.Remember they were fit and healthy and humans don't need much encouragement to have intercourse!The land of Nod means land of wandering.These people knew about God and his word (see Lamech's comment in 4:24) but chose to wander off and make a name for themselves.These people were relations of Cain and Abel and so would have hated Cain for killing Abel. God says Gen. 1 man is "good" and fit for purpose of filling the earth and subduing it.So why does God say "there was not a man to till the ground." (Gen.2:5)?I would say that Gen.1 is God's general plan for man, Gen 2 is the specifics.Also, Gen. 2 begins "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made"So how can we have God making more of the same creatures and man after this?Jesus takes from both Gen.1 and Gen. 2, puts it together and refers to it as "the beginning":-"Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? (Matt.19:4-5)Paul referred to Jesus as the second and last Adam (1 Cor.15:45-47), so if the second is the last there are only 2 Adams to be "in" (i.e. 2 seeds). Jesus was the firstborn of many brethren, the first spiritual man, was Adam not the first natural man?

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
(slipstream;35307)
Hi RogerWe are not told where Cain got his wife.That means we do not know.There is nothing wrong with not knowing everything the creator has done or how he did it. The whole world would not be able to hold all the books if God told us everything he has done and how he did it. The bible is thick enough and few people can get through it in a lifetime. It has to be sufficient for now. I wish we knew more.I am like you Roger , and am just as curious about Cain's wife.But if you think and observe carefully , you will notice the issue of Cains wife , and where did she come from, usually is first brought up by the un-believers who are trying to discredit the accuracy of the Bible.The enemy of Christianity is extremely successful in keeping Christians embroiled for years arguing such matters. It takes a lot of time away from usefull pursuits. The enemy loves doing this. That is one of the games he plays.You are correct to question everything Roger , God would approve. It is that some things we are not told and we will not know while we are down here.Best wishesMartin W.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Actully he does tells us but the church has not taught it... the hebrew and the anceint writtings and scripture does tell us ...but we are so blinded by what we learned in Sunday school we refuse to see that God did tells us ... Which always amazes me because it changes nothing of Gods Word it just simply disagrees with what men say... Yet few are willing to hear him ... but you are also correctthat its not about our salvation ...its all about understanding how perfect Gods Word really is ... How perfect his plan was/is... I find that it deepens my reverance for the Lord and keeps me in awe of how amazing our Holy book and our Father truly is ...but each to his own.. I have no problem ignoring men and hearing our father.. but most will fight tooth and nail not to give up what men told them was true reguardless of what God says about it...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;68484)
Actully he does tells us but the church has not taught it... the hebrew and the anceint writtings and scripture does tell us ...but we are so blinded by what we learned in Sunday school we refuse to see that God did tells us ... Which always amazes me because it changes nothing of Gods Word it just simply disagrees with what men say... Yet few are willing to hear him ... but you are also correctthat its not about our salvation ...its all about understanding how perfect Gods Word really is ... How perfect his plan was/is... I find that it deepens my reverance for the Lord and keeps me in awe of how amazing our Holy book truly is ...but each to his own.. I have no problem ignoring men and hearing our father
smile.gif
Genesis 4:14 - Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.Genesis 4:15 - And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him....Genesis 4:16 - And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.Genesis 4:17 - And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.It is quite clear that God knew that He did not create the sin of incest. I also have no problem listening to my Father and ignoring men.