Camels & Needles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
'..I say unto you it is easier for a camel to go through the needle of an eye than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God..'
Questions or comments on this scripture?

I makes it difficult being rich.

This is a passage of extremes.

First Jesus says, "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein."

That's extereme in a sense. But not really considering who God is and what we are. We should approach God with the simplicity of an obedient child. It's tough.

The rich ruler was a good man who kept the commandments that Jesus described.

Then Jesus said... Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Doesn't it make you wonder why Jesus would demand such a thing from such a good man?

In Luke 8: 38-39 Jesus healed a man who wanted to follow him and told him to stay home!

Why did Jesus make such a demand on this rich ruler?

Here's something I just read out of William Barclay's daily study bible.

"There is a gospell called the gospel according to the Hebrews most of which is lost. But in one of the fragments that remain there is an account of this incident that gives us a clue."

That gospell describes a discourse with the other rich ruler where Jesus said to "obey the law and the prophets." etc. etc. Then Jesus said to Simon his disciple, "it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

The discourse is about a paragraph long.

Barclay said,
"The rich ruler was living uterly selfishly. He was rich yet he gave nothing away. His real God was comfort and the thing he really worshipped was his own possessions and his wealth.

"It is said beside the great gate that enters Jerusalem through which traffic went there was a little gate just wide and high enough for a man to get through. It is said that this little gate was called the needle's eye, and the picture is that of a camel trying to struggle through that little gate....

It is not a sin to have much wealth-but it is a great danger to the soul and a great responsibility."
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then the passage goes on to say,

And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved?

And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

Which is to say's that's it's not impossible for a rich man to enter the kingdom...or for a camel to go through the eye of a needle!

In Mark’s account of this it says: Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him . .. Jesus had compassion for this man because his life was so empty. In Mark’s recording of this

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Jacob,

Aspen didn't say any of those things about you... haha... maybe you should add to your many skills reading comprehension...

And just wondering if you and anastacia go to the same church? are you her pastor? are you the same person acting under different aliases? (I know that's a weird question but I've seen people do it on surfing message boards where they actually will have conversations with themselves... IP CHECK? haha)

I wonder because you guys both respond to stuff that people don't even say and I'm wondering where you guys picked up that behavior... it seriously trips me out... lol

Aspen was probably referring to the comments you make like, "My guess is most of you consider hard times as not being able to pay your time share on the condo in Hawaii" which are very assumptive for being about people that you don't even know...

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
So have you sold everything you own Jacob and given it to the poor? EVERYTHING?

And have you kept the Law?

And just so you know you shouldn't assume things about people... by the time I was 14 I had watched my mom lose two babies... I had spent a decade watching my Mom destroy herself with drugs and alcohol... I had lost my grandparents 15 minutes apart, had my moms boyfriend come to our house and shoot the place up and then hold the gun to my moms head and then leave and blow his own brains out after I begged for him not to shoot her... my house burned down 2 weeks before chirstmas... and after all was said and done after my mom promised me she quit doing heroin I walked in on her slamming heroin and her new boyfriend smoking crack which caused in me the reaction of kicking a hole in every wall I could as I left and moved out on my own when I was 14... those were just some key moments... obviouslly there was a shiz storn of other bullcrap going on but I wont bore you with the details...

Bottom line is just say something like, "What kind of experiences did others have growing up" instead of saying rude stuff like, "My guess is most of you consider hard times as not being able to pay your time share on the condo in Hawaii" I mean dude... do you have any idea what you sound like? and do you talk to people like this in person or just from behind keyboards? Just know that if you do act like this to people that if you ever get cracked by someone it probably has nothing to with you suffering for Jesus and everything to do with the way you treat people.

Wow dude your taking my description of having nothing way to personally. I have quite quite a bit of personal property right now no money, I would give it up and am prepared to If the Lord closes the doors locally for a job. I've been their before I'm not afaid to go there again. What do you find so offensive about that? Take a chill pill. It pretty clear you and aspen or at least aspen don't believe a word I said. I can't wait for the day the Lord testifys for me.Yes I do talk to people the same as I do here.

"My guess is most of you consider hard times as not being able to pay your time share on the condo in Hawaii" I mean dude... do you have any idea what you sound like?
To answer the above I sound just like Jesus telling the rich man to give it up. Well I've been both forced and willfully given up everything. And yes people like your self in person look at me like Im crazy both christian and non christian.And dude you sound just like the rich man. except you not simply sad your angry at me for say so, for having done it in a measure you would never consider.

But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you calling me a lair? Are you presuming that nobody can be trusted on the net? If you are then that applies to everyone here. That being said I think your calling me a lair. <_<

Is everything a personal attack towards you, Jacob? I meant what I said - literally. I (me) have learned not to assume anything about complete strangers (we are all complete stranger here) because I have no idea about the experiences people have gone through in their lives.

Then I said, hardship is relative. If one person has had an easy life compared to another - the person still experience pain and loss and crap.

That is all I said.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Dude... I don't care about your description of having nothing... I read all that part and actually felt for you cause it sounded like you'd been through some shiz... it's the way you talk to people homey... you can share all the different beliefs you want with me... you can share with me the trials you went through in your life and it's all good... but what's lame is when you make rude assumptions and resort to insults... do you even realize the stuff you write to people dude... it don't sound like Jesus bro... check yourself... you'll get a lot further in communicating with people if you don't make worthless assumptions about them and don't start insulting them... all you're doing is causing people to put up defensive walls... and that just kills fellowship...

As far as the first two questions I was just asking you a question because that's what Jesus told the rich guy to do... I was wondering if you felt you had lived up to that... I don't know if you've lived up to it or not... and I wouldn't make any assumptions of whether you have... even though you're on a computer maybe you're at some internet cafe... maybe you have sold everything and given it to the poor... so I asked... I had no judgment about you being a liar... if you lied that would be on you... I don't even have to worry about it... it's not my job...

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Is everything a personal attack towards you, Jacob? I meant what I said - literally. I (me) have learned not to assume anything about complete strangers (we are all complete stranger here) because I have no idea about the experiences people have gone through in their lives.

Then I said, hardship is relative. If one person has had an easy life compared to another - the person still experience pain and loss and crap.

That is all I said.

I would think someone was discrediting my short testimony no matter who they were by posting this directly after it.

I've learned never to assume anything about complete strangers. Hardship is relative - one person's hangnail is another person's Job experience.

Now because we already have a history of disagreement. That statement coming from you is certainly an attack on my testimony. My observation is if it was someone else you would have expressed great empathy for them. Instead of reminding everyone that were all strangers and never assume anything from them. It is clearly a dig at my credibility.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think someone was discrediting my short testimony no matter who they were by posting this directly after it.

I've learned never to assume anything about complete strangers. Hardship is relative - one person's hangnail is another person's Job experience.

Now because we already have a history of disagreement. That statement coming from you is certainly an attack on my testimony. My observation is if it was someone else you would have expressed great empathy for them. Instead of reminding everyone that were all strangers and never assume anything from them. It is clearly a dig at my credibility.

I have a clear conscience. I've given you an honest rendering of my post and it needs no defense. Although, as far as empathy goes, Jacob, based on your short time on this board; I haven't seen an ounce of it in your posts. Seriously. So, I will pray for you, but I will not consult you on the subject.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Dude... I don't care about your description of having nothing... I read all that part and actually felt for you cause it sounded like you'd been through some shiz... it's the way you talk to people homey... you can share all the different beliefs you want with me... you can share with me the trials you went through in your life and it's all good... but what's lame is when you make rude assumptions and resort to insults... do you even realize the stuff you write to people dude... it don't sound like Jesus bro... check yourself... you'll get a lot further in communicating with people if you don't make worthless assumptions about them and don't start insulting them... all you're doing is causing people to put up defensive walls... and that just kills fellowship...

As far as the first two questions I was just asking you a question because that's what Jesus told the rich guy to do... I was wondering if you felt you had lived up to that... I don't know if you've lived up to it or not... and I wouldn't make any assumptions of whether you have... even though you're on a computer maybe you're at some internet cafe... maybe you have sold everything and given it to the poor... so I asked... I had no judgment about you being a liar... if you lied that would be on you... I don't even have to worry about it... it's not my job...

What on earth is wrong with you? Do you know what a hypocrite is? You just got through asking Jacob if he even realizes the stuff he writes. I don't think you realize the stuff you write! You are a perfect example of a person blind to themselves...as you falsely accuse others of the very thing you are guilty of. You are guilty of what you accuse Jacob of, and worse. It's the way YOU talk to people. YOU make rude assumptions and resort to insults. YOU don't sound like Jesus. YOU need to check yourself. You make worthless assumptions. You accused Jacob and me of being the same person! Then you say all this junk to him? What's wrong with you?

Jacob,

Aspen didn't say any of those things about you... haha... maybe you should add to your many skills reading comprehension...

And just wondering if you and anastacia go to the same church? are you her pastor? are you the same person acting under different aliases? (I know that's a weird question but I've seen people do it on surfing message boards where they actually will have conversations with themselves... IP CHECK? haha)

I wonder because you guys both respond to stuff that people don't even say and I'm wondering where you guys picked up that behavior... it seriously trips me out... lol

Aspen was probably referring to the comments you make like, "My guess is most of you consider hard times as not being able to pay your time share on the condo in Hawaii" which are very assumptive for being about people that you don't even know...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I am not sure I have met a kinder, patient, forgiving person on this board than Robbie - ok, well Miss Hepburn :) Seriously. Your assessment of Robbie is so confabulated, it is mind blowing, Anastacia.

I am starting wonder if you and Jacob simply have to have an enemy to fight all the time.......

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Actually, I am not sure I have met a kinder, patient, forgiving person on this board than Robbie - ok, well Miss Hepburn :) Seriously. Your assessment of Robbie is so confabulated, it is mind blowing, Anastacia.

I am starting wonder if you and Jacob simply have to have an enemy to fight all the time.......

You sound hateful, aspen. All I did was repeat to Robbie exactly what he said to Jacob. Are you confabulated and blown away by Robbie? haha And what you say here has nothing to do with the topic. I wish Hammerstone would do something about your personal attacks....making people either have to ignore you and let you do it, or making us come on and defend ourselves. It's not right.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I didn't accuse... I asked... it's much more effective than making accusations based on assumptions... well... that is unless the person says your question was an accusation... haha... I'm telling you... reading comprehension would be huge for both of you...

So you answered one of my questions... well kind of... you said I accused you which was false... but since you said it was a false accusation I guess that means the answer to my question was no...

So the other questions were... do you guys go to the same church? is Jacob your pastor?

Just wondering because you guys seem really similar...

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
I didn't accuse... I asked... it's much more effective than making accusations based on assumptions... well... that is unless the person says your question was an accusation... haha... I'm telling you... reading comprehension would be huge for both of you...

So you answered one of my questions... well kind of... you said I accused you which was false... but since you said it was a false accusation I guess that means the answer to my question was no...

So the other questions were... do you guys go to the same church? is Jacob your pastor?

Just wondering because you guys seem really similar...

You need to be reported and reprimanded by Hammerstone. Why do you keep talking to me with insults and personal attacks that have nothing to do with the topic? From what you say here...defending your hypocrisy and continuing to make insults....you can add lying to what you do.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robbie - give up!

You cannot win this one - I speak from experience, brother!. Any disagreement with Anastacia is a personal attack against her - whether in question form or not.

Anastacia,

I will continue to pray for you and please have a blessed night.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Robbie - give up!

You cannot win this one - I speak from experience, brother!. Any disagreement with Anastacia is a personal attack against her - whether in question form or not.

Anastacia,

Stop using this public forum to continually try to insult me. What's wrong with you?

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Thanks for the correction Aspen... you're right... I need to step away and pray... oh... poet and didn't know it.... "Step away and Pray" I'ma copyright that... haha

Good night everyone...

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Robbie - give up!

Anastacia,

Are you now flying the mission accomplished flag. Remenber what I said to you after you stalked me to this thread and insisted I comment about an other members post twice.
Call off the dogs aspen, mission accomplished.

This is post #8 in this thread

No I think your comment to me is all about the bad taste I left in your mouth in your devil thread a few minuets ago.
Do you have something to add to these peoples thread or are you going to insite another argument with me? Take your fighting spirit back to your "the devils work thread "
I'll be happy to continue there. You don't have to drag your bad attitude into this thread as well <_< good night.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
And if anyone unfortunate enough to have followed this thread and questions my remark about aspen, can read all the details about him following me to this thread in the first place right here
http://www.christian...post__p__102496

Hes very good at playing the Innocent card as hes doing now. Pretending to be speaking in love.
Well read for yourself how he denied stalking me and me exposing his misrepresentation of the facts.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States