Can a demon be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mb27

Jun 26, 2012
Now, this is something that I'm interested to find out everyones knowledge or revelation in.

But all I ask is, please, before you respond, give the question a minute to soak into your mind. Do away with the automatic, absolutely not, and question all angles.

So the question is this. Can a demon (an angel of satan) be saved?
Say if by some out there chance, a long shot if you will, the demon realised the mistake of being on the wrong side and repented, asked our God and father, for forgiveness, could they be forgiven.

And please, i understand that demons are ruled by evil but frankly I'm tired of people looking at the spiritual world like angels play harps all day, demons have pointy tails, and they all have no choice or opinion of their own. So like i said, open mindedness.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
No, neither class can be "saved". That is why Angels "long to look into these things [salvation]" 1 Peter 1:12

Hebrews 2:5 says "[sup] [/sup]It is not to angels that he [God] has subjected the world to come...." Christ did not come to save Angels or Demons, but Mankind.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
...no. Demons are spirits. eg: a murderous spirit is a murderous spirit. The spirit of pride, is a spirit of pride. The spirit of sexual lust is what it is... :huh:

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Well. let's see now. Demons are fallen angels that once dwelt in the presence of God, so that means they cannot walk by faith, because they have seen God.

So, on what basis would they be made righteous, again? How do you save someone that has been in God's presence and turned against Him and cannot have faith?

They just want carte blanche forgiveness. but what would it be based on and how would God be sure that there would be no future rebellion if He could not try them and prove them and test them as He does one that trusts in Jesus? We have forgiveness based on Christ, but there is more. Christ then comes to live in us and then the life that we now live we live by His life, denying ourselves and picking up our cross. We then commence to walk as He walked. I call it the love walk.

This time around, God will have a people in heaven that voluntarily turned away from the flesh (as His Son did) and towards Him and loved not their life unto death. He won't have to be concerned about any future rebellion. He will dwell with a people that loved Him on earth, turning away from everything that was not of Him. They loved Him from the heart and they know it is all because of Him and for all eternity they will glorify Him. To those who turn to Him on earth and forsake all and follow Him, their sin will have been dealt with on earth, by the death of Jesus and the life of Christ in them BY FAITH.

And this is why the demons are not only jealous of men, but have incredible bitterness and hatred toward God and anyone that God loves (His Redeemed Ones).

To those who forsake all to follow Him there is great reward, and the alternative is to the opposite degree, great loss.

Axehead

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Satan and his and his angels still feel that they will win the war against God,They are preparing for one final assault against God and his people(armaggedon).Repentance is the furthest thing from their minds.

Reactions: williemac

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Now, this is something that I'm interested to find out everyones knowledge or revelation in.

But all I ask is, please, before you respond, give the question a minute to soak into your mind. Do away with the automatic, absolutely not, and question all angles.

Say if by some out there chance, a long shot if you will, the demon realised the mistake of being on the wrong side and repented, asked our God and father, for forgiveness, could they be forgiven.

And please, i understand that demons are ruled by evil but frankly I'm tired of people looking at the spiritual world like angels play harps all day, demons have pointy tails, and they all have no choice or opinion of their own. So like i said, open mindedness.

Your question implies a lack of understanding of the nature of grace, the power of sin and the application of the blood of Christ.

Last statement first. Jesus died on the cross for the redemption of humanity, not demons or unclean spirits (2 different things BTW). There is salvation only in the blood of Christ and that is offered only for mankind.

The kingdom of satan IS the power of sin in the world. It is the opposer of God and all things right and good. Scripture states quite clearly that the doom of that kingdom will not be reversed. EVER.

The nature of grace and the work of sanctification is for man. Do you not read where it says that even the holy angels wonder at God's work in man?
If the holy angels don't know, the the wicked ones certainly can't grasp it.

Finally, the nature of eternity is unchangeable, which is to say that the judgment of God is irreversible.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
I honestly think this is a good question... Although I think we can only conjecture about it.

Seeing that the same laws don't apply to angels as they would to man, I would have to say that no body knows the answer for sure... The Bible only talks about what is expected of us (humanity)... It is there to lead and instruct us in our relationship with God...

If angels are redeemable, it would not be through Christ... Yet I feel that doesn't necessarily mean that God cannot accept them back... I am of the mind that God has the power to do whatever He wants...

Whether He will or not, is just something that I feel no person is equipped to answer... It really is a matter of whether he has decided to allow redemption for angels , or if He has decided not to...

I don't see why we would know about it though, as we seem to have enough to deal with trying to understand what we must to further our own relationships with Him... It is interesting to consider though.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As three is the number of perfect harmony we have three groups of Angels...

1. Michael - Strong Angels
2. Gabriel - Wise Angels
3. Lucifer - Worshiping Angels

This continued through the eternities until Lucifer's heart began to wax cold with pride...

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nation!For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." - Isaiah 14:12

"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born." - Rev 12:3-5

It is my reckonings that Satan was cast out into the void of space...

If… E=mc2 then we can divide and conclude that

Matter (m) = E (energy) / c2 (light)

And there are three varieties…

Mass – Is basically stored energy and light.
Mentality – Our thinking can produce an energy and a light!
Spiritually – E (energy, motivation, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

If E = mc2 we can assume the inverse, and conclude….

n (nothing) = z (absolute zero) / d (darkness)

And to measure the effects on the spiritual level…

n (nothing) – emptyness with no motivation
z (absolute zero) – cold (don’t be a brother polar bear!)
d (darkness) – the opposite of faith, hope, charity, and joy would be… fear, depression, hate, and sorrow!

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. - 2 Cor 11:14

It is in my imagination, as satan fell, that he was stripped of the true light and energies. As he was an angel of light he attempts to bring light unto planet earth... But because he is not of the true E/c2... There is no warmth about him.

The demonic spirits dwelt in this darkness perhaps billions of years, until the Lord God uttered these words...

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. - Genesis 1:3

This was the big boom.... With God's light and energy the universe was created and the universe has been expanding out ever since. It is my estimation that 15 billions years expired before the utterance of these words...

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. - Genesis 1:5

So... In my estimation Satan has been kicked out of heaven for the period of between 14-16 billion years. It has been so long since he has experienced the true light and energies that he despises it.

Mankind has been created to fill the void left in satans wake. As Lucifer the old dragon does not want us up there playing with his old toys he wars with us over the heavenly stake.

Satan has existed in the utter dark and cold for so long that he has grown to hate the true light and warmth. And he especially mocks as mankind humbles himself to make a commitment to Christ. And to see love and warmth (the spiritual E/c2) among human beings makes him sick to his stomach. This is why demons will never get saved... They detest the true form of Spiritual E/c2 too much!

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
If God chose to provide some plan of redemption for rebellious angels, that is His business and He has not shared that with us. He is sovereign and He can do what he wills. He can have mercy on whom He will, and withhold is as He wills. It is not for us to know, but we know that the lake of fire was prepared for the devil and his angels.

Reactions: biggandyy

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
...a demon (an angel of satan)...

Who told you this?

Who is Satan?

...no. Demons are spirits. eg: a murderous spirit is a murderous spirit. The spirit of pride, is a spirit of pride. The spirit of sexual lust is what it is... :huh:

Where they come from?

Where the bad spirit of Saul came from?

Demons are fallen angels that once dwelt in the presence of God,

Says who?

Satan and his and his angels...

Who is Satan?

The kingdom of satan...

Who is satan?

There is no sacrifice for angels, so there is no covering for their sin...

Who said that angels sin?

...we have three groups of Angels...

3. Lucifer - Worshiping Angels

Who said this?

Who is Lucifer?

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nation!For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." - Isaiah 14:12

Did you ever read this chapter from verse 1?

"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. Rev 12:3

Did you ever bother to find out who it is?

Do you know what horn and heads signify?

Try Da 7, Re 17.

... rebellious angels...

Who said that there are rebellious angels?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

A demon cannot be saved. Judgement of God has already been pronounced upon them as Brother James alluded to when he said Hell was prepared for the Devil and his angels. His angels means all those that aligned themselves with him.

Mat_25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Hell was not created for men but for all those that align themselves with the Devil they will share the same fate as their father and also be cast "into everlasting fire".

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

A demon cannot be saved. Judgement of God has already been pronounced upon them as Brother James alluded to when he said Hell was prepared for the Devil and his angels. His angels means all those that aligned themselves with him.

Mat_25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Hell was not created for men but for all those that align themselves with the Devil they will share the same fate as their father and also be cast "into everlasting fire".

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Would you like to show written that Satan is a fallen angel?

Didn't Jesus foretell fall of the Jewish leadership in the year 70 AD?

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Who said that there are rebellious angels?

I did. I base it on Matthew 25:41 where Jesus said the devil has angels. I assume any angels that are with the devil must be rebellious since God created all angels. If they were not rebellious they would be with God, wouldn't they? Or do you believe the devil's angels were created some other way?

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
I did. I base it on Matthew 25:41 where Jesus said the devil has angels. I assume any angels that are with the devil must be rebellious since God created all angels. If they were not rebellious they would be with God, wouldn't they? Or do you believe the devil's angels were created some other way?

Anggelos also means a pastor, a messenger.

Firstly, you didn't show written that there exist a fallen angel devil or Satan. You didn't explain why 19 out of 27 times the word Satan appears in the OT is transliterated.

Secondly, you could find out who the great red dragon and his angels of Re 12:3-4 really are.

Thirdly, who opposed Jesus and his apostles?

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Anggelos also means a pastor, a messenger.

The translators of all the bibles I have translate "angels". On what basis do you disagree?

Firstly, you didn't show written that there exist a fallen angel devil or Satan. You didn't explain why 19 out of 27 times the word Satan appears in the OT is transliterated.

That is because I said nothing about fallen angels or Satan. I didn't mention Satan at all, you did. I referred to angels who were rebellious, which you challenged and which I backed up by pointing out that the devil has angels. The only way I can imagine him having angels if for angels to have rebelled. How do you believe he got angels? You ask a lot of questions, but I see you don't really answer any. How come?

Secondly, you could find out who the great red dragon and his angels of Re 12:3-4 really are.

Thirdly, who opposed Jesus and his apostles?

What does that have to do with my comment, to which you seem to have reacted so strongly to? You asked one question, "Who said there are fallen angels" and I answered you. If you have some other point to make, why not just make it? You seem to be playing some sort of game.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

The demons are the spirits of the bastard children of the watchers. They were the giants who had started eating men in the days of Noah. Their bodies are already dead but their spirits can not die. The Demons can not be saved because it is a judgement that God has given against their fathers the watchers. The watchers have been buried alive in the desert in the middle east now for thousands of years awaiting the final judgement of God at the very End.

Jude 1
6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

2 Peter 2
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;

Genesis 6
1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them,
2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
The demons are the spirits of the bastard children of the watchers. They were the giants who had started eating men in the days of Noah. Their bodies are already dead but their spirits can not die. The Demons can not be saved because it is a judgement that God has given against their fathers the watchers. The watchers have been buried alive in the desert in the middle east now for thousands of years awaiting the final judgement of God at the very End.

I see. And you get this essoteric knowledge from... where? Oh, right, the book of Enoch. I recommend sticking to the Bible for God's truths, myself.