"To the weak I became as weak", or how to lose control of how you are perceived - that some might be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

I Corinthians 9:22 "To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

This agrees with the idea that Jesus was made sin, that we might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21). When we see Jesus, we see our sin and that saves us (because we believe it died - we saw it die).

But there is a question here, right? What about what we become in the Christ who became sin?

Don't we become murderers, to murderers - that some murderers might be saved; or don't we become thieves, to thieves - that some thieves might be saved?

Anything that is a sin, we identify with and identifying the sin, those who act on it are given a choice: do they continue in it a mockery before God, or do they repent, knowing that God is not mocked?

I started thinking this way, when I saw someone on television who was man or woman, I could not tell; I thought "am I supposed to condemn them for being gay or condemn them for being vulnerable to being gay" and in a mixed up way, I realised it was none of my business what alignment they had - if they were gay, they would see me as gay, if they were straight they would see me as straight; there was literally nothing I could do about it, but surrender to Christ.

What I am left with, is a funny feeling I no longer belong in this world; that Christ will surrender me to the end, for a moment, to deliver me from the sins of this world; and I shall be cleansed, no longer in need of identifying with the world, but free from it (and its snare).

Just be aware, you are not your own - I hope this has been of some encouragement.

God bless.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This script is a script refering to self sacrifice. When you learn to understand the law of sacrifice, the meaning of this will become clear.

When understanding all things from the bible its critical not to externalise it in any way shape or form. Its critical that we reflect what is being said apon ourselves and our own psyche.

How can we articulate the Law of self sacrifice in a way that we can know and experience it personally? Yes we know that it's all about giving but the problem is "what it's supposed to feel like" isn't often spoken about. Hence we have people giving for the wrong reasons and we continue to live in a state of confusion.

The key to self sacrifice is empathy. When somone you love falls over, your love, and their pain get mixed together in what we call empathy. On the emotional plane, this is self sacrifice as we are hurting ourselves so that somone else may feel love.

So, self sacrifice should always align with the emotional correlation otherwise it is not True.

I Corinthians 9:22 "To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

Meaning, like we explained, "To the hurt became I as hurt, that I might gain the hurt (conjoin in empathy): I am made all things to all men, that I might by means save some."

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It boils down to are we seen as being approachable, welcoming g to the people we work with you live around us.
There is a dichotomy we are to be of the world, but not of the world.

Can we identify with our neighbours or more accurately can they identify with us.

Reactions: marks