Can a False Prophet Raise the Dead?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 8, 2007
Can a false Prophet raise the Dead? Truly in the book of Acts and even in John Christ gave his disciples the ability to do what he could do. Perform miracles, healing, cast out demons, and raise the Dead. I am still in the process of learning about a man named William Branham. If you don't know about him, there a many discrepancies, and as typical as any Christian can get, they despise every person who prophesies or is a prophet of God. I believe this man was a Prophet, he knew the Original sin of the Bible, Understands the Gift of the Holy Ghost(WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST HIMSELF, NOT THE GIFTS AS EVIDENCE), but there's a problem, He's a Pre-Trib Rapture Believer. My question is, if this Man is such a false Prophet, why was he able to bring 7 dead people to Life? I mean, Baal was a prophet of God until he turned on him, but When William(7) Marrion(7) Branham(7) died, in a SEVERE CAR CRASH, none of his BONES WERE BROKEN. Many said he died a death of a false prophet, but it's ironic if that was so, why none of his bones were broken.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
The question is--is satan capable of raising the dead? If not, and it happened, then wouldn't it have to be of God? Satan isn't omnipotent, but he is powerful, but how powerful is he?

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
Satan can duplicate but not create.As for raising the dead,he can probably heal the body or animate a dead body but he cannot create or restore a soul.The only power satan has is what God allows and the only power he has over any of us is what we give him.A false prophet can duplicate raising the dead,but it is not legitimateit is only an illusion and many will be fooled by it.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Unorthodox Christian!!Perplexing mysteries on the surface are best done by ... GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE!!!Not to exalt the google search engine too highly as we are to discern everything by the scriptures, but just to see if the Lord has risen up discerners in the past or currently on matters that need discernment to help us in our quest for the Truth online as the Lord helps us. In other words, sites that are for him or for a teaching would not show everything as they seek to hype or exalt someone else or something else in His name, but an exposer would. And yes, you have to discern even them to ame sure they are not lying.And God has raised up others to take the time out and solve that perplexing mystery surrounding William Branham! The Lord is able to raise up exposers that have taken the time to discern everything William Branham had taught and expose his falsehood by the scriptures.http://www.christswitness.com/branham.php P.S. I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, but that doesn't make him a false prophet as I am sure if those are found abiding in Him and they get raptured, the Lord will not hold that against them for not believing in the rapture before the great tribulation. The believers will just be surprised. It is written that there will be many that desire to enter in, but shall not be able to thus the call to be ready and abiding in Him. But William Branham has made statements that goes against the scriptures, thus anything that exalts a man.. should be questioned. You were right to question him. The Lord is keeping you on your toes!

AngelFive

Nov 7, 2007
A false prophet cannot raise the dead because a false prophet is spiritually dead himself. The blind leading the blind.

Nov 8, 2007
(Pariah;24840)
Hi Unorthodox Christian!!Perplexing mysteries on the surface are best done by ... GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE!!!Not to exalt the google search engine too highly as we are to discern everything by the scriptures, but just to see if the Lord has risen up discerners in the past or currently on matters that need discernment to help us in our quest for the Truth online as the Lord helps us. In other words, sites that are for him or for a teaching would not show everything as they seek to hype or exalt someone else or something else in His name, but an exposer would. And yes, you have to discern even them to ame sure they are not lying.And God has raised up others to take the time out and solve that perplexing mystery surrounding William Branham! The Lord is able to raise up exposers that have taken the time to discern everything William Branham had taught and expose his falsehood by the scriptures.http://www.christswitness.com/branham.php P.S. I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, but that doesn't make him a false prophet as I am sure if those are found abiding in Him and they get raptured, the Lord will not hold that against them for not believing in the rapture before the great tribulation. The believers will just be surprised. It is written that there will be many that desire to enter in, but shall not be able to thus the call to be ready and abiding in Him. But William Branham has made statements that goes against the scriptures, thus anything that exalts a man.. should be questioned. You were right to question him. The Lord is keeping you on your toes!
True indeed concerning discernment, but so many people can add their own twist. I've had the privilege to learn more about the Man. First off he said there is a difference between prediction and prophesy. If if the Prophecy is not Thus saith the Lord of the Lord Jesus Christ said, it's not prophecy. When he predicted the rapture in 1977, He said I predict and not prophecy under divine inspiration. Do you remember when Paul in his Epistles kept saying Christ would come and some even made the mistake in 1st Thessalonian that he was here when he had not come yet. Explained in 2nd Thessalonian.Then Malachi 4:6 when he said he would bring Elijah on the great day. People say that William Branham said he was Elijah, people don't understand stand it was the Spirit of Elijah. Just like when Elijah was brought into heaven his Spirit was Given in measure to Elisha. He was not Elijah, but in the sense that he had the same ability for revival and power.Secondly, People condemn him because he used the Pyramids and the Zodiac. Calling him a man of divination. The Lord even speaks of the StarsJOB 9:9Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.He could perform miracles, healing, cause discernment, cast devils and raise the Dead. I highly doubt the Spirit of anti-Christ was in Him. Could would not allow it.You see where I'm getting at? You know how many Christians today say Paul was a heretic? Seriously, even Jews say he was! They say Paul was a woman hater, he corrupted the Torah! They are doing the same today to William Branham. You brothers out there, if you want, not forcing you, but if you feel like it, do a study on him and his messages. It's good to ask the Lord of Guidance as well. God BLess

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Most of what I know of him aside from some of the miracles (attributed to him) is that he could understand the Word Much of his doctrine was the doctrine of THE Word as is was taught before todays large churches and fast food religion. That evryone follows today they do not know how to discern and rightly divide the Word. When preachers actully knew the Word of God and were not cookie cutters from the same schools. I admit I haven't studied him in depth but I will look into it more. He does teach some of the things we do here but these are the things of scripture So he didnt have to be a prophet to have this knowledge. A true teacher is rare these days as scripture has saidthe shepards will lead my sheep astray. I do know some of the great teachers believed a type of rapture but it was nothing like the trash they teach today and nothing to do with 1 Thess.4 which doesnt teach rapture at all. But I havent read enough about him to see what he was talking about.As far as I know no one but Christ could raise the dead even the great prophets of old could not do this. So I do not think even a true teacher could do this.

Nov 8, 2007
Amen to that, I made the Mistake of putting the raising of the dead on him and not God. Lord Forgive me in Yeshua HaMashiach's Name

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Unorthodox Christian!!Since you have read more on him than I have, can you confirm something from that link?http://www.christswitness.com/branham.php
He said, “I saw seven angels in the form of a pyramid that swept down, picked me up and was brought east to open the seven seals of God” (Commissioned by Seven Mighty Angels). “Who is worthy to open the book and loose the seals? No man in heaven or earth was able to open the book except the lamb that was slain and redeemed us to God by his blood” (Rev. 5:1-10).Branham denied the Holy Spirit is a person and believed like Christian Science: “He is word manifested thought.”6 Also, “In the beginning Christ was not God but an attribute that was a thought”(The Mighty God Unveiled Before us, p.11).
Did He say all of that or is that made up? I'm not sure if I can find his books online to confirm that.The bottom quote from this link below:http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=...id=127&Itemid=8
"What is God? God is a great Eternal. At the beginning, way back before there was a beginning, he wasn't even God. Did you know that? A god is an object of worship, and there wasn't nothing to worship him; He lived alone. And in him was attributes. What is an attribute? A thought." The Spoken Word, Vol. III, p. 79)Branham claims he received yet another angelic visitation in May 1946. This time he was told that if he would be sincere and persuade the people to believe in him, nothing would be able to stand before his prayers, not even cancer (A Man Sent From God, pp.76-77). It was after this visitation that his healing and deliverance ministry grew to worldwide proportions and touched thousands of lives (All Things are Possible pp. 27-40, 159-164).
If true, maybe from your reading of him led you to make this mistake?
Amen to that, I made the Mistake of putting the raising of the dead on him and not God. Lord Forgive me in Yeshua HaMashiach's Name

Nov 8, 2007
Hello Brother Pariah!!!!!!!
He said, “I saw seven angels in the form of a pyramid that swept down, picked me up and was brought east to open the seven seals of God” (Commissioned by Seven Mighty Angels). “Who is worthy to open the book and loose the seals? No man in heaven or earth was able to open the book except the lamb that was slain and redeemed us to God by his blood” (Rev. 5:1-10).
Brother Branham, cannot and will not open the Seals. Those who say so Exalt him, they are called Branhamites. There are two three extremes to his message. He is a false Prophet, He teachings are True but don't not hold him high, Hold him High almost like a god. I know for a fact this man was vindicated(Holy Spirit was his Attorney)
Branham denied the Holy Spirit is a person and believed like Christian Science: “He is word manifested thought.”6 Also, “In the beginning Christ was not God but an attribute that was a thought”(The Mighty God Unveiled Before us, p.11).
He meant the Holy Spirit was not Flesh, He was the Spirit of Yeshua HaMashiach, JESUS CHRIST. As far as Christ not being God, he was talking about the body of Christ. There were many discrepancies concerning the deity of Christ. His Body was the Attribute of God's Thought. Just as Adam is God's thoughts expressed through Man. Adam's Love for Eve, an attribute of God. So his Body was the Attributed Thought.
"What is God? God is a great Eternal. At the beginning, way back before there was a beginning, he wasn't even God. Did you know that? A god is an object of worship, and there wasn't nothing to worship him; He lived alone. And in him was attributes. What is an attribute? A thought." The Spoken Word, Vol. III, p. 79)
It makes Sense, he was God, but look at the definitions of God, but remember we must not limit God, which I believe Bro. Branham was not doing. 1. God 1. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions. 2. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being. 2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality. 3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol. 4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god. 5. A very handsome man. 6. A powerful ruler or despot.Was God Worshiped in any way shape or form before he created man?
Branham claims he received yet another angelic visitation in May 1946. This time he was told that if he would be sincere and persuade the people to believe in him, nothing would be able to stand before his prayers, not even cancer (A Man Sent From God, pp.76-77). It was after this visitation that his healing and deliverance ministry grew to worldwide proportions and touched thousands of lives (All Things are Possible pp. 27-40, 159-164).
People will always use Joseph Smith and the JW founder when Bro. Branham speaks about Angels. Problem is look at the JWs now and the Mormons.
If true, maybe from your reading of him led you to make this mistake?
Sometimes I get ahead of myself. Before my mother died last month, she almost died before her final time. She had a very slow pulse and I said in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ you will live and her heart rate and pulse went up. I told everyone it was God. Then later on I bluppered out that I was the one who rose the Dead.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Unorthodox Christian,
smile.gif
Well, I am kind of leary of him on account of him trying to say God wasn't really God. He didn't live alone. There was the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It was written "Let us create man in our image." He also had angels and though they were created, no one knew when, but I believe God did not put that on his mouth to speak for it edifies not, but diminishing Him by human reasonings in order to define God as a god that people worship, thus a thought.... which seems to be more referring to the thought of man's than of God's. It just sounds like an intellectual run around of someone sounding like he knows something that others don't. Being of the Pentecostal affiliation, then I am not going to bother with reading up on him for these reasons below.1 Corinthians 3: 5Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.If Branham was claimed to be another spirit of Elijah, then he would have been like John the Baptist, except, Branham would have decreased and not even be referred as such because John the Baptist received his notoriety before Jesus came, but now that Jesus has come, Branham should have been like Paul and everybody else, but he wasn't.John 3: 28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.Maybe the followers are partially at fault, but I keep thinking of this verses.Luke 6: 26Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. 1 Corinthians 2: 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.For the ones that serve God, they would not speak of things that glorifies themselves. God surely would not seek to exalt anyone in order to spread the Gospel. With all of these revivals... if it be in his name... then he was of the world for he spoke of himself.John 5:31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.2 Corinthians 3: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.2 Corinthians 4: 5For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.So I have to question the course of his service to the Lord Jesus, but God shall judge. I just know that all I need is Jesus. He is My Good Shepherd as well as My Saviour. Anybody else is just a distraction.John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? Anyway, I believe the Lord is keeping you from heeding anyone else to be your shepherd. I am just sharing why my interests is not piqued by him.In Christ's Love,Pariah