Can A Person Be a Christian And A Sinner At The Same Time ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the points made from which this quote originated are right on, except for this one. There is always a danger of Christians falling for teh 'greasy grace' fallacy, but those who have had a real encounter with the saving power of Jesus Christ know that we are always up against certain temptaions / testings / trials surrounding certain sins. We have been givena new nature but the command we are given is to "put on your new nature". Unless we do that, we will be constantly acting out of carnality--saved but carnal and not victorious.

We must be wise and vigilant against the temptation to sin. The more we choose against sin, the easier it will get, adn the more power we will have against the enemy who just loves to try to trip us up. Jesus promises to never leave us or forsake us, and we must learn to run to Him for strength to overcome if---and when---we need that. We cannot overcome sin adn trouble in our own strength. It has been dealt with on the cross, and we must keep it there.

Yeah, I am glad we worked through this issue together a couple of days ago and found out we agree.

Thanks for the clarification.

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
I think Angelina is right. Sin does separate us from God - from our point of view...

Yes, this is what we think (believe to be so) and this informs our point of view. As a man thinketh, so is he (ie. so is his experience). So, based on our thinking, we perceive an experience of separation which isn't really so, it's just all in our head. As the Father is omnipresent, there is no place we can be, nothing we can be doing, that separates us from God. It's all just mental machinations that create that illusion of separation.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think Angelina is right. Sin does separate us from God - from our point of view, not God's. Guilt because of sin turns into shame, which separates humans from all relationships - human and God. The separation is not a commentary on God's omnipotence; it is the poisonous human reaction to our own sin.

No....sin separates us from God's point of view...If you are a Christian, whether born-again or not and you sin. You must repent and You will be forgiven if you have repented from your heart. When you are forgiven, you are back in right relationship with God. If you do not repent...you are still in your sins and "Sin Separates Us from God" :huh:

Amen Hammer Stone!
Salvation is not just a one off "I'm sorry God" moment where we are forgiven. A relationship with Jesus is a daily relationship and a continual struggle as Paul illustrated. Our sins are blotted out, but that's not license to rack 'em up in the meantime.

The new covenant is an agreement just like the OC. The two parties agree with the terms of that agreement. Jesus cleansed us from the original sin which was death. He also cleansed us from sin in our lives at salvation. If we sin again...the bible says that we have an advocate with the Father and He [the advocate] will intercede on our behalf...It's that simple, it's new believer's stuff...

Shalom!!!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
No....sin separates us from God's point of view...If you are a Christian, whether born-again or not and you sin. You must repent and You will be forgiven if you have repented from your heart. When you are forgiven, you are back in right relationship with God. If you do not repent...you are still in your sins and "Sin Separates Us from God" :huh:

Shalom!!!

Do you believe that if any of us who walk with Christ sins and isn't aware of it and doesn't repent, that God will condemn us?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you believe that if any of us who walk with Christ sins and isn't aware of it and doesn't repent, that God will condemn us?

What in tarnation is wrong with you??? :huh: why do you think God Gave us the Holy Spirit....these things are elementary and learn't at Sunday School...

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What in tarnation is wrong with you??? :huh: why do you think God Gave us the Holy Spirit....these things are elementary and learn't at Sunday School...

Angelina, according to what you have said, I had to ask. Please don't speak to me in that way. There is nothing wrong with me, and I find it very rude to jump all over people you do not know with personal attacks.

Calmly now, I still wish to know if that is what you are saying...as many people do believe that as soon as you sin you have lost your salvation, and so repenting will gain our salvation back again, as if the blood has not done it's once-and-for-all work, and as if God's grace only extends as far as our perfect behaviour ends, thus making us our own saviour.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Lively Stone, salvation is a free gift...repenting restores your relationship back. The Holy Spirit who dwells in believers will convict a brother or sister if they have sinned...this will bring them to a place of Godly remorse and repentance...To rack up sin in your life without repentance is not wise...If you continue that way...there is no more room for repentance...Yes, there is a time when God's patience runs out...he does not like his Holy Spirit grieved.

Shalom and I was not being rude...I was being myself :)

now I do not wish to play this game with you anymore...please go play with someone else...

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Lively Stone, salvation is a free gift...repenting restores your relationship back. The Holy Spirit who dwells in believers will convict a brother or sister if they have sinned...this will bring them to a place of Godly remorse and repentance...To rack up sin in your life without repentance is not wise...If you continue that way...there is no more room for repentance...Yes, there is a time when God's patience runs out...he does not like his Holy Spirit grieved.

Shalom and I was not being rude...I was being myself :)

now I do not wish to play this game with you anymore...please go play with someone else...

Although Holy Spirit can be trusted to brng conviction to His people, people are not always tuned into His voice. What about our poor (in spirit) sisters and brothers in Christ who die struggling and bearing spiritual strongholds that are based in sin or sinful attitudes that are never dealt with properly, or with any success? Are these people then abandoned by God and His grace?

If that is yourself, I still find it rude and condescending to flip me off like this. This is not a game. I have asked for clarification and I thank you for your response.