Can Anyone Make Sense Of This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SistrChristian

Jun 3, 2011
Wisconsin, USA
Wow. This is indeed a sham or hopeful cult of some kind; you didn't mention what this guy's studies involved, so it's hard to say specifically on it being geared toward a cult. Some of his rules though do seem cult-like. Also my goodness.. when I was in my early twenties I rented a place as a roommate (to save more money) - that I found in the paper - for $225 per month. It was a single family residence with four private bedrooms and two full baths; in a nice area. The only thing the Landlord, and roommate as he also was, requested was that each of us did one simple chore each week; once a week and then alternating from week to week.

The person running this sham is simply taking advantage of people; to the umpth degree. In my opinion he should be turned into the authorities of Workforce Development for taking others' food stamps in place of rent; that is HIGHLY illegal, and totally against the Will of God... being illegal. The only organizations that can legally take and use food stamps are actual Homeless Shelters, and that's only if they provide three meals per day, and snacks, to their live-ins. These organizations have strict guidelines from the state to comply with, and from what you've expressed.. not only is this place not a legal establishment, but would never be deemed as an official shelter when there are no provisions for sleeping quarters. There most certainly are other standards, too, that need to be complied with, and I don't see at all that this place/person is even capable.

Seriously.. I would report him, but that's me. Keep in mind he would receive hefty fines and likely imprisonment.