Can God trust you with his money?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that being poor in itself, does not bring you closer to God.

I mentioned visiting a 3rd wold nation to emphasize the community aspect that I found when I worked in Guatemala.

I think there are plenty of verses in the NT that speak to us about not storing up resources on Earth.

OK, I guess I am just 'stuck on stupid', (whatever that means) because I do not think the chance to help people the most is improved by being rich. I think you are right that living in desperate poverty is not the best way to focus on others, but a little money goes a long way

Yeah - the comment about reading your mail was for another person

I think the OT does equate personal wealth with the favor of God - people did not believe in an afterlife back then and thought that blessings on Earth was all we could look forward to.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You'all need to get off this argument. Since when is Christ's Salvation about money???

Anyone in the Christian West that has the opportunity to get at least a high school education, own a car and rent or own property with indoor plumbing is very rich compared to many peoples in other parts of the world.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
God does not want you poor, he wants you to be a CHANNEL, but he is blocked from making this happen as long as you resist being blessed.

You know, you had some fairly decent points up until this one. Yup...there's just all sorts of things that God intends for me, but apparently the sovereign God of the universe isn't up to seeing to it that it happens....
Unbiblical, and just unrealistic, sorry. I'm really wondering at this point, if there is anyone in the bible who has clear sailing because he followed God or Christ? Anyone? David...his family was a train wreck, his child was taken from him for his sin and he was deemed unworthy to build God's temple. Solomon? Rich as all get out, presumably healthy, and after sampling it all for his whole life, he tells us it's all meaningless. The prophets? The apostles? Christ himself? Who among them is not destitute, afflicted, tortured? And yet all of them sing the praises of God and follow Him even unto sometimes horrible demises. A lesson there for you, I think.
Our true 'wealth' comes from our salvation in Christ. Granted some Christians will be called to serve him through prosperity and health...but if you think others aren't called to do similar through hardship and sickness, you're unbiblical and just down right mean.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Only when obtaining money becomes more important than anything else does it become sin. Although I live in a 22-year-old RV, can no longer drive due to failing eyesight, and have to depend on others to take me wherever I need to go, I am rich in Christ. Yes, I would love to have a real house to live in, and not have to use a grocery list when I do my shopping but buy whatever I want. However, God has done what He promised, and ALL my NEEDS are met. He didn't promise to make us rich but to meet out needs.

I don't beleive that there is anything wrong with having riches, but how many are NOT corrupted by wealth? How many wealthy people put their trust in Christ and NOT in their riches? CAN a person be wealthy and NOT be corrupted? Yes, I believe he/she can, but ONLY if they put God's will first in their lives.

I met a couple once and literally felt the presence of the Holy Spirit as I approached them. I have never met another couple that was so happy. Their secret? They both put Christ first in their lives. Then the man put his wife's needs and happiness ahead of his own, and the wife did the same with her husband. I have never met another couple like that--that radiated the presence of the Holy Spirit, and the joy, peace, and happiness that is obtained by selflessly putting the Saviour first and their spouce first before themselves.

Too many are concerned only about their own wants and needs, "Marrying that woman will make ME happy", "Having children will make ME happy", "winning the lottery will make ME happy", "Buying that car will make ME happy", and the list goes on and on. People are too concerned about their own happiness to realize that they will never be happy as long as they selfishly seek happiness through wealth and possessions. Yes, I would LOVE to be rich, to be out of debt, never to have to use a grocery list, and to have things that I want and can't afford. However, if I must choose possessions over Christ, I'm not interested. There's a song that says, "Take the world but give me Jesus." He is worth FAR more than anything this world has to offer.

I appreciate your post.
I also appreciate your spirit.
And like you, i understand that money is a tool, and as long as it does not become a "god" in the minds/heart of a believer, then they have no problem..

The truth is, if a person has trouble with money, its because they have a self-control problem, as the root of their money issue.
A person who has a money issue, does not need money to have a money issue..........as a Credit card or 20 of them will do just fine.
Show me a person who has 5 or 10 Maxxed out cards and i'll show you someone that is not going to get a lot of extra money from God.
He'll meet their need, or he might let them sweat a while to grow them up........however, with money, if a person has no self control with it, its generally not going to change until they are in a bigtime financial mess and have to go through the mess and then AFTERWARDS, they tend to be a bit smarter.

My point, my consistent point in all this is that we need money, God knows this, and he has no issue with us having plenty of money, and in fact...

"God delights in the prosperity of his Children"

The word "prosperity" there, does not only mean financial, but it ALSO means financial.

There is no denying that you can do more for others if you have more to do with for others or as i told someone here recently.......If a family is starving, its a fine thing to offer them a hug and a scripture and a church invite, but HEY, how about some HELP?
And if you dont have any money, they dont eat.
Money matters and God wants us to be a blessing and a channel for his provision and prosperity.
God is not broke, and as we are joint heirs of God, then what he has we own.
What he is, we are.
What he wants, we are to do.

K

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does that include Jesus, Kidron?

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
I agree that being poor in itself, does not bring you closer to God.

No, it makes you bitter, it shortens your lifespan, and it keeps you tied up in 24/7 major stress that is related to, "how do i SURVIVE THIS".
When you are poor, you are in trouble..........trouble like......"how do i pay for what just broke".....OMG.
And the bottom line is that when you are in a place in life where you can only meet your needs, barely, ....then you have nothing left for anyone else.
And also, this struggle to daily survive becomes a constant time suck , which robs your time, and Time is running OUT.
We only have so much, and if we spend all of it trying to barely survive, then what have we done.?
We have robbed God of OUR TIME.
Understand?
Being really poor, is actually more of a time barrier against God then having plenty, for when you have plenty you have the luxury of not having to spend all your time trying to make ends meet, which frees your time to serve the Master and bless the needy.

Money is a good thing., its a blessing., its a time freeing gift that we can use to bless.
Can you imagine meeting Christ at the judgement seat and he says, "well, what did you do with all that TIME i gave you".
And you say......"i spent most of it trying to survive.........sorry:((
Thats REALLY not a very good answer, especially when all the time God had his "riches in Glory" to meet your needs and solve your financial issues.
Do you really think that God saved you to keep you broke?
C'mon, stop with that nonsense.
Its the DEVIL who wants you thinking like that while HE keeps you broke and miserable.
Read John 10:10 and discover who is out to keep you as poor as you'll accept.
Look, sickness and poverty are works of the devil, and Jesus came to DESTROY the works of the devil.
Remember?
Did you ever read Mark 10:30?.......read it.......you'll discover that when you give all to God he gives MORE BACK in this life.
He is not in the business of reducing, he is in the business of enlarging, of blessing, of INCREASE, of ABUNDANCE.

I mentioned visiting a 3rd wold nation to emphasize the community aspect that I found when I worked in Guatemala.

Yeah?........well one of my best friends was a missionary there for years..........met his wife in Belize.

I think there are plenty of verses in the NT that speak to us about not storing up resources on Earth.

Now see what you are doing here? ^^^^
You are trying to equate a Christian with money with the certainty........ that its because they are only in it for the money that they have it.
This is a ridiculous attempt at guilt by association.
You are twisting the bible to say........."the only reason a Christian has money is because they are greedy treasure hunting Idolaters...".
Look, man, are you saying that you have to be poor because if you aren't you will store it up as "treasure"?
Are you like that?
I dont see you like that at all.
I think you are just typical of a "poverty gospel" type, who read that Paul said that "godliness with contentment is great gain" and you concluded from that verse and a verse that says not to lay up treasure on the earth for where you treasure is your heart is also......
I think you read those verses and concluded that God wants you broke to prove you are spiritual.
Well, he doesn't.
Poverty doesn't make you spiritual, it just makes you poor., and your bible tells you that.. "Poverty is the destruction of the POOR"...

You are his God's Son, his CHILD, the one Jesus bled out for to redeem, and so after he did, you think God wants you to exist in a state of want and need and almost enough.?
Would you want that for your child?, ?
Yet you think God wants his children sick and poor and struggling?
Do you really think that God does not want the same for his children that you would want for yours?.
Look at it like this.....say you are God and you are able to bless, and you have a Son whom you love, and he needs money.
Are you going to say......."well you know Aspen Jr, i could help you and your family, but instead, i'll just let you all suffer most of you life so that you learn how.
C'mon !!!

OK, I guess I am just 'stuck on stupid', (whatever that means) because I do not think the chance to help people the most is improved by being rich. I think you are right that living in desperate poverty is not the best way to focus on others, but a little money goes a long way.

When you were walking to work recently, did you have enough money at that time to buy a weeks worth of groceries for a poor family ?
So then, because of your poverty, a poor family is still hungry.
Ever think of it like that?
Ever get that reality check?

So, you know, you are talking to the wrong person if you think im going to agree with you and disagree with the bible.
Listen, everything about God is GIVING.......GIVING>..........BLESSING...........God is not a taker, he's a GIVER.
And we are to be the same, and so, how can we give, how can we be like him, if we have nothing to give?
"well, i'd like to help you and your family, but im just another one of those poor, dumb, broke, blessing rejecting Christians who does not have a clue".
Geez...

Christians are in the redemption business, the healing business, and the blessing business.
Thats our job, our vocation, our duty, and his will.
Understand?
We are arrows of light that point to The Way, THE Truth and THE LIFE, and we are to be channels that bless as this represents BEST our Father.
He's a blesser, hes a giver.
His problem is that he's stuck with theologically clogged up Sons and Daughter who actually REFUSE to think of themselves as his channels of Blessing.
Instead, they want to stumble around in darkness pretending they are in the game, while the truth is, they are not even in the stadium yet.

Jesus came to give life and that more abundantly, and that means NOW and it means LATER.
For now, we are to be channels of his love, of his blessings, and of his truth, and of his eternal life.
Jesus IS eternal life......he is the life that is eternal, he is IN US and we are to share this everywhere.

I think the OT does equate personal wealth with the favor of God - people did not believe in an afterlife back then and thought that blessings on Earth was all we could look forward to.

Are you kidding me???

Hey man, are you not a child of ABRAHAM according to Romans 4:11,16?
Are you a "joint heir" with God and Christ according to Romans 8:17?
So then brother, if that is true, and i have no doubt the bible is true....then what are you an HEIR OF?
First of all, you are an "Heir" of the promises, the blessing of Abraham..
Have you ever read them?......They are YOURS RIGHTw
NOW.............So study this, and start with DEUT 8:18 and continue with Deut 28 and end up in Galatians 3:14
And, what does God own?..........Didnt God through Christ create it all?:....John 1:10, Colossians 1:16., Hebrews 1:2 ???
So, as God created it, doesn't he own it all?.......and as you are a "joint HEIR"?......am i making contact with your cerebrum yet? (hello, is anybody in there??)

You have LEGAL access to all that God is, all that God has, and all that God can do......because you are a born again family member.
Now Get THAT !!
Your eternal situation is that you live on the earth but you operate within the Kingdom of God system.
Remember that you are DEAD, Romans 6:3,6,8 and have been risen with Christ?....So, u have to see yourself as God sees you.
He sees you as sitting on his right hand in HEAVEN.....Ephesians 2:6.
He sees you as operating on earth with the same authority and power as Jesus Christ as it is CHRIST in you that is doing the work.
You are just the CHANNEL !!!!
So you have to begin to see yourself as God sees you, and when you do, you will stop trying to understand the bible based on your ideas that omit his.

K

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

Am still waiting for you to answer about the general state of most followers of God/Christ in the bible. Honestly...I'm interested in how you see that, and how on earth you compromise it with your beliefs on prosperity/health.
You see...even if there are those who could claim wealth/health in scripture, they are: 1-far from the majority, and 2-pretty much all of them acknowledge that those things are fleeting and only in God is true riches found.
So I have to believe that unless the bible directs me differently, and it doesn't, then the belief that we must be 'wealthy and healthy' is just fantasy on your behalf. And it's a fantasy that could leave you and many others, having a crisis of faith when you come to suffer. And if there is one thing we can be sure of, biblically, is that at some point in our lives, we will suffer. The way and duration is different for all people, but it will be there. So again, one wonders how you manage those obvious passages and intents with your prosperity gospel??

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
You'all need to get off this argument. Since when is Christ's Salvation about money???

Anyone in the Christian West that has the opportunity to get at least a high school education, own a car and rent or own property with indoor plumbing is very rich compared to many peoples in other parts of the world.

t

Are we talking about "salvation'?
No we are not..
My thread is not dealing with receiving Christ and what this means and what this does.
If you want a thread about Salvation, i can give you one, or you can start one.... however this Thread,...THIS THREAD, is not
discussing the eternal blood bought redemption that is freely offered to all who will believe.
So lets stay on topic, ok??????????????????
Now i'll ask you a question......
Can God trust you with his money?.
Answer that if you can, Veteran.

thx,

K

You know, you had some fairly decent points up until this one. Yup...there's just all sorts of things that God intends for me, but apparently the sovereign God of the universe isn't up to seeing to it that it happens....
Unbiblical, and just unrealistic, sorry. I'm really wondering at this point, if there is anyone in the bible who has clear sailing because he followed God or Christ? Anyone? David...his family was a train wreck, his child was taken from him for his sin and he was deemed unworthy to build God's temple. Solomon? Rich as all get out, presumably healthy, and after sampling it all for his whole life, he tells us it's all meaningless. The prophets? The apostles? Christ himself? Who among them is not destitute, afflicted, tortured? And yet all of them sing the praises of God and follow Him even unto sometimes horrible demises. A lesson there for you, I think.
Our true 'wealth' comes from our salvation in Christ. Granted some Christians will be called to serve him through prosperity and health...but if you think others aren't called to do similar through hardship and sickness, you're unbiblical and just down right mean.

To begin with, you have to understand that "salvation" is more then just pardon.
Salvation is a complete restoration of your position regarding God, for all eternity.
Forgiveness of Sin is only the basics,..........Salvation also reestablishes your authority as a Son of God, as well as esteems you equal in righteousness with God.
And furthermore, Salvation, gives you 24/7 access to all that God has, all that God is, and all that God can do.

Now, one thing ive not stated ither by innuendo or by clear point here, in this thread, is the idea that any believer gets a free ride on the bank account of the Almighty.
Do you think this is what im implying?........if so, you are not connecting with my point.

What we are discussing here, on this thread, is NOT a way to keep from being a servant, or to keep from dealing with hardship that is related to being a Light for the Truth....So lets be clear about that., ok?
However there is a right way to suffer and a wrong way to suffer within the Kingdom of God.
The right way is to suffer persecution for the sake of the gospel, and the wrong way to suffer is to attribute the works of the Devil TO CHRIST as your "tribulation" in this world.
Ive a thread about this, that i think ive posted here, but if not, i'll do so.

Listen, IF you are a born again family member of God then you are a Joint Heir of a King, so.... you do have legal rights within the family of God just as you have legal rights in your earthly family.
For example, you are legally your dad's son, by birth, and there is a document that is legal that can be used in court to prove your legal status as your Dad's son.
Understand?
So, that means, you have the position of an "heir" regarding your dad's property right along with your mother.
And in the same way, as a member of the family of God by birth, you have birthrights that position you as a Co-Heir who is equal to Christ regarding access to God and all that he has and all that he is..
And because of this Sonship by birth position which you occupy in the family of God, you have the rights of a Son to ALL of God's provision, and his provision does not include poverty or sickness.

Try to understand that the DEVIL has a ministry and CHRIST has a ministry.
THey are not the same.
One has come to kill you, steal from you, and destroy you, and the other has come to save you, restore you and to destroy the works of the one who came to kill you, steal from you, and destroy you.
Do not confuse them, or you will think that all difficulties that the Devil brings to you are "tests" from God you are to accept and live with and tolerate.
If you are not spiritually discerning and theologically sound you will actually think that what the Devil does to you, is God doing it...
So, you need to build your theology on the reality of who you LEGALLY are in the family and what this allows you to access and why.<
And once you get this revelation, you will begin to see yourself as God sees you.

K

Am still waiting for you to answer about the general state of most followers of God/Christ in the bible. Honestly...I'm interested in how you see that, and how on earth you compromise it with your beliefs on prosperity/health.
You see...even if there are those who could claim wealth/health in scripture, they are: 1-far from the majority, and 2-pretty much all of them acknowledge that those things are fleeting and only in God is true riches found.
So I have to believe that unless the bible directs me differently, and it doesn't, then the belief that we must be 'wealthy and healthy' is just fantasy on your behalf. And it's a fantasy that could leave you and many others, having a crisis of faith when you come to suffer. And if there is one thing we can be sure of, biblically, is that at some point in our lives, we will suffer. The way and duration is different for all people, but it will be there. So again, one wonders how you manage those obvious passages and intents with your prosperity gospel??
Am still waiting for you to answer about the general state of most followers of God/Christ in the bible.

Ok, lets start with Jesus, David, Abraham, and Soloman.
One created it all, and owns it all, and he gave it to the rest.
David, Abraham, and Soloman, had so much "riches" that its comparable to Bill Gates,.....> and GOD caused it, and he is not changed.
Now regarding New Testament "saints"........well, in the beginning, you had the apostles and they were given a special mission.
Start the church.
Their mission was to die doing this, and in this, they lit the early church aflame.

Now, ....this is 2012, and God has not changed, and we as believers are to do the works of Christ using the provision that God provides.
And his provision includes access to all he has, all he is, and all that he can do...
He has given each of us a ministry, whether it be in a pulpit or whether it be as a light on the job, in the school, or on the street.....and whatever it takes
to expand God's net...... God will provide to you according to your faith that accesses his "riches in Glory".
Rach, when you read your bible, you have to see it in context, regarding "outreach" '2012.
For example, in Paul's day there was no internet, no cell phones, no TV Stations, no Delta Jets , no Radio or TV ministry...there were just long dusty walks to the next town.
So, understand we are in a different age and so, the access methods have changed, and because of this, our need for finances is a whole lot different then it was in Paul's day.
Hopefully you can understand this..??
But if you cant, you cant.
Think about it anyway.

Honestly...I'm interested in how you see that, and how on earth you compromise it with your beliefs on prosperity/health.

Actually, to literally "compromise" Jesus, regarding "health and money"..... is to deny his provision by trying to use the bible as some type of poverty manifesto that accuses God of creating a Christian's life to be "sickness and poverty"= to prove their spirituality.
Listen fella, God does not need you sick and broke, he needs you healthy and financially sound so that your outreach for him is not small and ineffective.
And if you think you can do more for God when you are sick and broke then you can do for him healthy and financially sound,... then you are smoking theological crack and you need to take some time off in a spiritual rehab asap.
So, dont come to my thread talking to me about........"well, i can do just as much for God when i dont have a dime, then i can do for him if i have plenty of money."
See, that type comment is fake spirituality braying loud and long.........that is a spiritual pretender with a martyr's complex trying to prove he is the second coming of Paul.
Forget all that, and get real.

The bible tells you that that "it is the Lord who gives you power to get wealth"........so, "get wealth", is not related to Spiritual wealth.......as you dont "get" spiritual wealth, you are given that......such as Salvation which is wealth that is given.........for free.
All spiritual gifts , all 9, are given for free.
But when your bible is talking about the "power to GET",.... that is only describing "finances" that you "develop".

Listen fella., do not make the mistake of trying to spiritulize all the promises in the bible.
Once you do that, you'll never get past the idea that money is evil.
Money is not evil...........its only a TOOL, like a chisel or a saw.

So I have to believe that unless the bible directs me differently, and it doesn't, then the belief that we must be 'wealthy and healthy' is just fantasy on your behalf.

Well here you lied.
You sit there, decided to lie, and typed a big fat whopping lie.
Shame on you...
Now, Go back to any of my previous posts on this Thread, or my original Thread and find me a sentence that states that i said "All christians MUST be wealthy".
Ive not ever said this, implied this, or alluded to it..
The only place you will find on this Thread the words, ..."Christians must be wealthy", came from your lying little mind using your lying little fingers to type your big fat lie.
And Rach, i dont appreciate a liar, and i really dont appreciate one who claims to be a Christian and then shows up on my Thread and lies..
From now on, if you are going to post your opinions on my Threads, i would appreciate it if you dont lie, and i would appreciate it if you post my QUOTES if you are going to hang around here and rant.

Now having said all that, and i mean it...........i'll say this...
Isnt this Thread interesting?
I asked a simple question, and as far as i can tell, not one Christian has answered it..
The Question is........."Can God trust you with his money".
Has any responder answered that question yet?
Is there a Christian who has read this Thread, who has said........"yes, i can be trusted with God's money".????????????
So, i think what we are learning is that a whole lot of Christians who cant answer that question are devoutly opposed to the idea of any other Christian
having a lot of money.
Apparently those in the majority here who cant be trusted with money, dont want anyone else to have any.
Apparently those in the majority here who cant be trusted with money, have decided that no one else can.

K

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is my answer kidron: Yes.

kensapp

Jul 8, 2012
Singapore
Money are most of the time manifestations or fruits of God's given talents. As we all know, God has entrusted all of these to everyone like the story of the the three servants whose master left and has entrusted some money to them. Two has among them has invested the money and has increased the money that they had, while the other one has kept his money and did not invest it. The master became angry and has gotten what he has. The story is somewhat similar to us. Talents and natural resources were given to man in abundance so as not to worry about the future but greed in order to amass a lot of these has become the root cause of scarcity. These I guess may be the reason why we shouldnt be trusted.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Here is my answer kidron: Yes.

NOW you are swinging for the fence..
Good job.

K

Money are most of the time manifestations or fruits of God's given talents. As we all know, God has entrusted all of these to everyone like the story of the the three servants whose master left and has entrusted some money to them. Two has among them has invested the money and has increased the money that they had, while the other one has kept his money and did not invest it. The master became angry and has gotten what he has. The story is somewhat similar to us. Talents and natural resources were given to man in abundance so as not to worry about the future but greed in order to amass a lot of these has become the root cause of scarcity. These I guess may be the reason why we shouldnt be trusted.

Money is a tool, like a fork, or a 7 Iron, or a blow dryer, or a duck call, or a mouse trap.
It serves a purpose.
It is necessary.
If you are going to survive, you'll have to have money.
If you are going to pay your taxes or feed your face, it'll cost money.
If you are going to do a lot for God, it'll cost money.
If God gives you a big job to complete, it'll take money to complete it.
Money is just a tool.
Its up to you to view it as more.

K

BeforeThereWas

Dec 30, 2007
How is it that we are to tithe 10% if we dont have any money.???

In all my study of the Bible, I have yet to find where we today are supposed to tithe.

From where did that come?

I've seen many thological tapestries woven together from disjointed and out-of-context verses, but nowhere do I see any requirement laid down upon wage-earning Israelites to hand over to the Levites a tenth of their monetary wages. I also don't see where Abraham handed over a tenth of his own great wealth still located way up in northern Canaan at the time he met up with Melchizedek.

So, contrary to the popular claims spouting forth from pulpits being pounded for emphasis, books, TV preachers, radio preachers, pamphlets, websites, tracts, et al, I don't see anything solid behind the claims made by the pro-required-tithing camp.

SW

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Call it what you will, but if you are being (spiritually) fed at a church, you should be paying for your meal.

Church's need funds for:
- Pastor and staff salaries
- Heating/Cooling
- Utilities
- Bldg. maint.
- Groundskeeping
- Gasoline/bus maint.
- Printing costs (programs, news letters, etc)

That is just to keep the church itself functioning.

But (hopefully) your church does outreach:
- Mission trips
- Support of food pantries
- Support for women's shelters, homeless shelters
- Prison ministries
- Financial assistance for parishoners in need

These are just off the top of my head.

If you are a member of a church that does God's work and you are not regularly contributing, you are robbing that church and robbing God.
Every cent of your money is actually His money anyway.

You are also missing the point that if you give from your heart because you know it is right and are not giving just to get something back, you WILL be blessed by God.

You don't want to call it a tithe? Fine.

But if you God is blessing you and you can't manage 10% to help bring others to Christ (just as someone else helped you do), then you are wrong...

You give to other charities and services outside the church? Awesome. I am sure God is pleased.

But you can't/shouldn't neglect the the church you park your butt in every week.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
I wonder why it is, that a lot of believers assume....that if a person has money, it must be because its their God.
I think this type of foregone concluding, is very unfair, if not completely unfounded regarding most believers who are financially well off..
I dont mean to sound offensive, but are you someone God cant trust to give a million dollars?
And if he did, would you not use it for his glory according to his will?
Could you not be a channel whereby God flows financial blessing THROUGH to others?
And if you are, then why castigate any believer whom God wants to bless financially?
Isnt it up to God?
And does he not do it based on obedience, faith, and according to his will?

Joyce Meyers and James Robinson are 2 good examples.
Both are rich, and both spend millions on water wells in Africa, Hospitals in 3rd world areas, and in general just feeding the poor.
I think there is a lesson here., and that is........God has "riches in Glory" that are not just spiritual, and he is always looking for a faith channel to pour $$$$$ through.
Why cant you , reader, be such a channel?
Are you saying you will betray God if he gives you a lot of money?
Are you saying that if you cant handle it, then i cant<, or noone can who is born again?
That is fallacy, related to an opinion you have, if you have it.........and it just wrong-minded.

Look, you know what poverty does?
It traps you into a survival situation, and in this situation you are not able to give most of your time to God, because you are spending all your time trying to survive.
Listen, TIME is how you spend your Christianity........understand?
And if you have a life that is spent trying to survive, then most of your time is not being spent for God.
Thats a FACT.
So, having money frees you from having to spend all your time trying to feed yourself/faily and pay BILLS, etc.
And in this, you have TIME for God that you will not have if you are poor.
Dont even try to argue a ridiculous argument about this.
Just face the fact that if you are poor, your life , your time, is going to be spent trying to survive, FIRST,,,,,and then any time you have left over, ...maybe God gets it.
But if you have MONEY, you time changes.
Understand?
So, you think about that........a bit.........before you worship poverty as some God sent invention to enhance "spirituality"..
He didnt send anything that robs your time from him.
Fact.

Its the same with the phony theology that rants... ......"well you know Kidron, sometimes God sends cancer to TEST his saints.".
Well............. HORSEFEATHERS. !!!!!!!!!!!
He does NOT send what Jesus came to Destroy in John 10:10.

I think its a dangerous and harmful theology to run around blaming sickness and poverty on The KING of Glory.
And Jesus is a King., and we are heirs of a King.
He didnt come out of that grave the same way he went into it.......did you notice?
He went into it a dead suffering lamb, but he AROSE a KING OF KINGS, and we are the HEIR of this King.,and this KING is INSIDE YOU< and you are "IN CHRIST".
Did you forget?

Did you ever notice that Jesus never made anyone sick according to your bible?
Did he ever cast a demon INTO a person.?
Is he now CHANGED since he started living INSIDE YOU?
Are you thinking?

Yet, Christians today run around today all over the world, all over Christian forms, loaded for bear with their self-righteous theology pack tied to their mouths attributing sickness and poverty to the King and his Father, instead of blaming the DEVIL who came to kill, steal, and destroy......John 10:10
And its our bible that says Jesus came to DESTROY these very.= works.......John 10:10
So, is the bible lying?........or are Christians deceived who blame God for the very works the bible says Jesus came to "Destroy".
Listen, did Jesus The Christ come to give you "Life and that more abundantly".... or did he come to test you with Cancer and a Brain tumor and how it feels to bury a couple of your children before they are 7 years old.?

You need to figure out who is for you and who is against you.
You need to figure that out asap.

I do believe that the Gospel of John says its blasphemy against the Holy Spirit > to attribute to the Holy Spirit the works of the Devil.<

So be very careful , reader, whom you blame for poverty and attribute sickness to in the life of a Born Again Child of God.

AP
  • [background=rgb(222, 222, 222)]0[/background]

After 51 years of " surviving" i can honestly say i don't realy care anymore..all my hopes and dreams have been devoured by years of sweat and toil and while still not convinced of the supposed joys and blessing of poverty and misery that some seem to think exist i'm too tired to to care about money and the pursuit of it.....you ask the question"can God trust you with his money" if having money meant my life would be just as it is right now then he can give it to somebody else...if having money meant i could do something other than work like a rented Mule and pursue some real purpose then maybe i would be interested.

I am convinced that life is about pain and misery,want and lack and that material "blessings" are only for the purpose of testing and that all "good" things are only here to tempt us and test our loyalties and there is no such thing as a legitimate pleasure in this life that does not come with a heavy and burdensome price... this life is supposed to be miserable so you will want to die when your time comes and heaven will be something to look forward to......a life of toil and misery is easy to leave behind....some will say oh my,this all sounds so unspiritual....good ,its not intended to be spiritual..sometimes life is not about fluffy clouds and misty mist and hazy haze.

The human form is a temple of torment,the afflictions and torments of the flesh not to mention the mind and soul are as many as the stars....no i don't realy care about money anymore.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
After 51 years of " surviving" i can honestly say i don't realy care anymore..all my hopes and dreams have been devoured by years of sweat and toil and while still not convinced of the supposed joys and blessing of poverty and misery that some seem to think exist i'm too tired to to care about money and the pursuit of it.....you ask the question"can God trust you with his money" if having money meant my life would be just as it is right now then he can give it to somebody else...if having money meant i could do something other than work like a rented Mule and pursue some real purpose then maybe i would be interested.

I am convinced that life is about pain and misery,want and lack and that material "blessings" are only for the purpose of testing and that all "good" things are only here to tempt us and test our loyalties and there is no such thing as a legitimate pleasure in this life that does not come with a heavy and burdensome price... this life is supposed to be miserable so you will want to die when your time comes and heaven will be something to look forward to......a life of toil and misery is easy to leave behind....some will say oh my,this all sounds so unspiritual....good ,its not intended to be spiritual..sometimes life is not about fluffy clouds and misty mist and hazy haze.

The human form is a temple of torment,the afflictions and torments of the flesh not to mention the mind and soul are as many as the stars....no i don't realy care about money anymore.

Enjoyed your comment.
Sounds like you have had a full life thus far.
Some of the 20 somethings here would do well to read what you have said...

And its true, life is not a rose garden, and its not a pleasure cruise.
Happiness is found in Jesus, and other then that, its pretty much all fleeting.
So, dont chase what is fleeting, and remember that Paul said that godliness with contentment is "great gain".
Thats a fact.

Happiness is a balloon that goes into the sky and pops.
Its goes higher and higher right until it drops.

Contentment is learning to appreciate the good times that are the road that leads to the next hardship.

The only thing that lasts down here is change, so, let change be your friend and you'll have a friend for life.

Simplify, simplify, simplify , your life and learn to love the simple life.

Life is short and soon will pass
Only what's done for Christ will last

K

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
I wonder why it is, that a lot of believers assume....that if a person has money, it must be because its their God.
I think this type of foregone concluding, is very unfair, if not completely unfounded regarding most believers who are financially well off..
I dont mean to sound offensive, but are you someone God cant trust to give a million dollars?
And if he did, would you not use it for his glory according to his will?

You can't use it for His will to His Glory at all. Give it to the poor. But don't waste any time doing it as the next part is to come and follow Christ without it.

Luke 18
22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

It doesn't get much plainer than this.

Matthew 6
24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
You can't use it for His will to His Glory at all. Give it to the poor. But don't waste any time doing it as the next part is to come and follow Christ without it.

Your post would suggest that you are developing a very nice martyr's complex.
Might want to take a look at that...
Also...
Sure you can...........You can use money to do all sorts of things that glorify God.
For example you can build a small business with it that glorifies God
U can build a TV or Radio Station that glorifies God.
U can build a hospital or clinic or shelter for street orphans that glorifies God.
U can build a church with it that glorifies God.
You can use it to reach the lost, which glorifies God.

Luke 18
22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
It doesn't get much plainer than this.

It doesn't get much plainer then the fact that you are not that rich young ruler.

Matthew 6
24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

So be certain that you dont spend your life chasing money....Do not allow it to become your God....but instead recognize that money is a remarkable tool and a fine one in the hand of a disciple of Christ who understands that they can do more for God with money, then they can by pretending that poverty is the road of spirituality.

Keep in mind that its the Lord who gives you the "power to get wealth"........so, WEALTH, is a bit more then just a little money..........but you have to be mature and take responsibility for your money, and use it according to the will of God..
See, God takes pleasure in the prosperity of his Saints..........he has no issue with you having wealth...........just as long as you are able to deal with it.
Maybe you cant?.
I can., and there are many like me.
There are many Saints like me who understand that we are just channels for God........we are "flow through" devices, through which God flows his goodness and his mercy and his prosperity.

K

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What did Jesus say,

Mat 22:19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
Mat 22:20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
Mat 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Have you ever seeing the face of God or Jesus on currency, its not His money it belongs to the world.

In all His Love

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
What did Jesus say,

Mat 22:19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
Mat 22:20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
Mat 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Have you ever seeing the face of God or Jesus on currency, its not His money it belongs to the world.

In all His Love

-- You scripture verses are misleading because they have nothing to do with whether we are to tithe to God or not.
The two verses previous to the verses you listed show that:

Matt 22:17 - "Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?”
Matt 22:18 - "But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, “Why put me to the test, you hypocrites?"

They were asking whether they should pay taxes to Caesar, not whether they should pay a tithe to God.

It is all God's money. He controls what is done with it, not man.
Who rises, who falls, who prospers, who suffers, whose pockets are full, whose pockets are empty.

It may be of the world, but it does not belong TO the world. It belongs to Him.