Can people in Heaven know?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you've not read Romans Chapter 7 especially verse 24.
I've read the Bible cover to cover three times - our sin can put us in the most awful situations. The Lord will discipline us if we don't learn from our mistakes.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong? You don't suffer after you sin?
I was a sinner for a long time and enjoyed it. Only until I had the spiritual awakening did I start to despise it. God changes things for the sinner. But evil loves evil. The bible talks about people that love evil.

Reactions: Lambano

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a sinner for a long time and enjoyed it. Only until I had the spiritual awakening did I start to despise it. God changes things for the sinner. But evil loves evil. The bible talks about people that love evil.
It sounds like you've never suffered. You loved sin. You loved righteousness. I bet if you stop and think about it, sin led you down an unpleasant road.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like you've never suffered. You loved sin. You loved righteousness. I bet if you stop and think about it, sin led you down an unpleasant road.
The point is that sinning on this earth isn't hell. And if there is an unpleasant result that isn't hell either. Hell is an eternal punishment as a judgment from God.

There are some sins that bring punishment. For instance smoking or eating smoked meats can cause cancer. One is sinning the other perhaps not. Both punish the user. Drugs and alcohol abuse can damage the body. Sexual sin might not have any punishment. People might get in the way of someone sinning in a brutal way. But that's not sin punishing them, that's people not allowing them to be brutal and perhaps punishing them for it. Same for stealing.

There are career criminals that really enjoy sinning especially stealing from others. They truly enjoy it and blame the cops for getting in their way. But again the sin of stealing isn't punishing them, the cops do that and the courts.

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't think that we suffer as a result of our sin, right here in this lifetime?

suffering now isnt eternal torment. You may very well suffer some now for doing something bad, but to say we could ever experience what hell will be like now is crazy. Clearly you dont understand how bad hell really is.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can people in Heaven know?
^ OP

People do not go to heaven.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is that sinning on this earth isn't hell. And if there is an unpleasant result that isn't hell either. Hell is an eternal punishment as a judgment from God.

There are some sins that bring punishment. For instance smoking or eating smoked meats can cause cancer. One is sinning the other perhaps not. Both punish the user. Drugs and alcohol abuse can damage the body. Sexual sin might not have any punishment. People might get in the way of someone sinning in a brutal way. But that's not sin punishing them, that's people not allowing them to be brutal and perhaps punishing them for it. Same for stealing.

There are career criminals that really enjoy sinning especially stealing from others. They truly enjoy it and blame the cops for getting in their way. But again the sin of stealing isn't punishing them, the cops do that and the courts.

Curious.
Why do you think you can SIN against people?
Can people Forgive SIN?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe they are able to witness our journeys here. As far as them knowing what we would suffer.... perhaps the joy of knowing our end (being with them/with Christ forever in eternity) brings joy. But scripture indicates there are tears in Heaven. The time when God wipes away every tear has not yet come. And in order to wipe away tears, there have to be tears.
So we can cry without our bodies, think without our minds, grieve without our hearts, laugh and outside without our tongues? Scripture says different.
KJV Psalms 115:17
17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
If we can do all those things in heaven, for what purpose the resurrection?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will not be angels. We will be resurrected us-es. Enoch, Moses or Elijah--none of them are angels, are they? We will be as the angels, not necessary to marry as it says.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels can not die.
People do not become angels.
The bible says we become as angels in heaven. The word 'as' is often misinterpreted as you are doing here.

the devil and his angels will die.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we can cry without our bodies, think without our minds, grieve without our hearts, laugh and outside without our tongues? Scripture says different.

Body’s die go to the grave in silence, knows nothing and rots.
The soul departs the body.
The soul continues to exist, until after judgement.
The soul without it’s body, can see, hear, taste, smell, touch.
Saved souls wait in heaven ... in comfort.
Unsaved souls wait in hell...in distress.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe the Lord's discipine IS hell. It's for our own good, but it's no fun.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
suffering now isnt eternal torment. You may very well suffer some now for doing something bad, but to say we could ever experience what hell will be like now is crazy. Clearly you dont understand how bad hell really is.
Suffering here can be most unpleasant, and we suffer when we sin. So why sin?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever been touched by someones spirit. And how would you know if they can smell and taste. I don't think you got that correct either.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Body’s die go to the grave in silence, knows nothing and rots.
The soul departs the body.
The soul continues to exist, until after judgement.
Saved souls wait in heaven ... in comfort.
Unsaved souls wait in hell...in distress.
I have to agree with @Taken on this. Jesus addressed this when He told of Lazarus and the rich man who died. There, He speaks of communication happening between ones whose bodies had died.

Luke 16:19-31
[19]There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
[20]And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
[21]And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
[22]And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
[23]And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
[24]And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
[25]But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
[26]And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
[27]Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
[28]For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
[29]Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
[30]And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
[31]And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Reactions: Taken