can someone please...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One answer out of 12 says differently.

Believing the bible and believing God , two different subjects,Could make this a messy topic.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I Believe in God and i Believe in the Bible, the Bible is God's word, all scripture is God breathed, many have told you this already, you cannot say oh this verse is from God and this one isn't, all scripture is God breathed. The men who wrote the 66 books of the Bible were inspired by God, if one was not inspired, and wrote a book in the Bible. they would have been in a whole lot of trouble and they would suffer the consequences.

Reactions: Dan57

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men

I guess what Peter said wasnt Gods word was it???

Now if God or Jesus was to speak to you, and what they said did not quiet line up with the bible, would you reject the bible or would you reject God??

In all His Love

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But what it does tell you is the truth, it tells you what happened. So therefore the truth is God inspired, and we can learn from the truth. So all scripture still is God breathed/inspired. ;)

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
I agree with Josho. I believe God never changes his mind? I mean like why would God come to you to tell you something different than the bible?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which Bible. there are over 44 different versions based on2 different texts . One should read how the KJ was written, and who set the rules of interpretation. No holy spirit invloved. Now if God never changes they should all be exactly the same word for word, no chance of argument, wouldn't you think, but like I said, show me a christian that believes God.

Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Now according to the bible, even satan knows the bible, quoted it without error to Jesus, so if he can do it how do you know its God.???

Now God will never contradict Himself that is a certain, the bible on the other hand, I guess one needs to decide is teh bible God or is God, God.

For even Jesus said, according to the bible.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

And you dont because you have the bible...

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Its supposed to be all about walking in the spirit, where are they?? Those walking after the spirit.

In all His Love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
Which Bible. there are over 44 different versions based on2 different texts . One should read how the KJ was written, and who set the rules of interpretation. No holy spirit invloved. Now if God never changes they should all be exactly the same word for word, no chance of argument, wouldn't you think, but like I said, show me a christian that believes God.

Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Now according to the bible, even satan knows the bible, quoted it without error to Jesus, so if he can do it how do you know its God.???

Now God will never contradict Himself that is a certain, the bible on the other hand, I guess one needs to decide is teh bible God or is God, God.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Its supposed to be all about walking in the spirit, where are they?? Those walking after the spirit.

In all His Love
You do know that the Bible was not originally written in English, I'm fairly sure.
And you do know that those different versions all pretty much say the same things, right?
Now, Mj...we've talked about this.
The Bible is God's Word. Without it, you would never have heard of God, or Jesus. You told me that your Mom is Catholic, didn't you? So, I'm guessing you were exposed to Bible teachings from a very early age.
Of course, Satan knows the Bible, and can quote it, word for word. He's been studying it through the ages, knowing that it is the Word of God...and also knowing that we humans are a gullible lot.
He knows, even better than some I've met in these forums, just how to twist those verses, to make it seem as if they mean something God never intended.
Oh, and...Satan can seem to be an angel of Light.
That is, he can come to gullible people...people who are vainglorious, and even those who think that they have loving hearts, but who have not submitted their heart to God, to believe His Word...
Satan can come to folks like these, and the poor fools will think that it is God, Himself. He will be unspeakably beautiful in appearance, with a sweet smile and kind eyes, as he whispers well devised little lies. He will whisper, soft and low, into itching ears...

"Thou shalt not surely die"....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015

Again and again and again, I say to you people...context, context, context.
Do you know who Jesus was talking with, here? Or what events had sparked the conversation?
Did you follow the conversation to the end?

He was talking with the Jews:

Joh 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

To fill you in, Jesus had healed a paralytic who was regularly carried to the Pool of Siloam, to take advantage of the healing waters, but was unable to take advantage of their healing power.
Worse, He had done it on the Sabbath day.
Worse still! He had instructed the man to take up his bed and walk! Horrors!!

What was the conclusion of the matter?
Jesus had quite a bit more to say...but, for I"d rather not turn this post into a wall of text (I really hate that), so let's fast forward to the end of the conversation:

Joh 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Oh, and btw...you do know that the Jews did not have the New Testament, right?
They were searching the OT, looking for the Promise that was standing right there in front of them...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
Why don't you pick a thesaurus and compare each version word for word? And why even bother quoting scripture if you don't believe half the Bible is from God? Are you even sure of your salvation if you believe there are many errors in the bible, how can you be sure that the words in red were not an error by the writer/writers/translators of the book? And this time read and answer every single question. For you cannot be even 100% sure about Jesus's life, if you think there are many errors in the Bible. ;)

Aug 11, 2015
Faith
Country
Canada
I believe we all know that life does does not lay in knowing the letter but in knowing the author.
Satan know the letter but he is not part of the Word. The religious leaders knew the letter but they were not part of the Word nor could they receive it.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
Notice how you are using scripture to show that you are correct and prove your point. What was that you said about scripture?

Scripture is a trusted witness and a affirmation that your faith is the same as Abraham’s in Christ. Full of instruction benefitted by the witnesses that wrote the book who walked with the same Lord God, Creator and Judge of all there is. It is also a documented relationship between the Lord God of Israel and the Children of Israel.

But the walk is with the Living God, in the Holy Spirit, whether you have a bible or not. Of which you have shown scripture is a witness to.

SimpleFaith

Sep 7, 2015
mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
You said, "Now if God never changes they should all be exactly the same word for word, no chance of argument, wouldn't you think, but like I said, show me a christian that believes God."

If God never changes, then everyone in the world would be speaking only Hebrew.. the only existing language spoken before God created diversified languages. So, your argument is flawed. Any language will have differences as a telling nature of that language. And, anyway of saying something will have differences in how to get a point across. Or, we'd all be using the exact way of saying something. There'd be no need of synonyms or antonyms or such like. Everyone would be using a high level of scholarly way of speaking instead of middle or simple level of speaking.

Every different version of the Bible out there is accommodating every person's way of speaking. And, there is nothing wrong with that. I have made use of the Parallel Bibles that compare verses to show and provide readers with examples of different ways to say the same thing.

You said: "Now according to the bible, even satan knows the bible, quoted it without error to Jesus, so if he can do it how do you know its God.???"

Satan quoted correctly, but, he put a different perspective on how to interpret it. He used it as a way to attempt to get Jesus to jump off a cliff, which satan knows would have severely injured the Savior. It's interesting to note that the Religious Leaders also sought to shove Jesus off a cliff with intent that he get injured. Now that would be a time for Jesus to believe according to Ps.91 that the angels would catch him so that he would not be harmed.

But, for Jesus to jump himself would have been something foolish, just to accommodate the devil's challenge of proving a promise God made in good faith. Satan's challenge is not the way to prove a promise of God. Jesus's answer to the devil is the way to know what's right.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
I believe.............

John 3:14-16 NIV Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 NIV “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:40 NIV For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:47 NIV Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

Acts 13:46-48 NIV Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " 48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

1 Tim 1:15-16 NIV Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

1 John 5:9-14 NIV We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

1 John 5:20 NIV We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
I believe.............

John 3:14-16 NIV Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 NIV “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:40 NIV For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:47 NIV Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

Acts 13:46-48 NIV Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " 48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

1 Tim 1:15-16 NIV Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

1 John 5:9-14 NIV We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

1 John 5:20 NIV We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
Yes, ATP....I believe all of that, too.
But there are an awful lot more verses in my Bible than these you have quoted. Why do you not believe those verses, as well?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Once you believe you have eternal life. If you believe this then why isn't your salvation secure?
Who are you to judge whether my salvation is secure or not?
Because I am obedient, because I, when I "mess up" I repent, because I love Him enough to want to please Him in all that I do or say, to you, this somehow comes out as my salvation isn't secure?
Tell me, how did you come to this conclusion?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Who are you to judge whether my salvation is secure or not?
I came to this conclusion because in the other thread you said that whenever you sin you are in danger of hell.

That's the opposite of security, no? If that were true, nobody would be in heaven Barrd. Zero. 0.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
I came to this conclusion because in the other thread you said that whenever you sin you are in danger of hell.

That's the opposite of security, no? If that were true, nobody would be in heaven Barrd. Zero. 0.
What, you think nobody would repent? Why would you think that?