Can there be all?…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can there be all?

I guess it would be, what is meant by the word all?

The commitment to God today could be all, but that all would only be in accordance to what one knows today… Tomorrow, Lord willing, as one grows, one would know more tomorrow and the commitment could be that much deeper… And so on and so forth… Never, as Paul coined the phrase, arrive…. As long as one is in the body there would always be a deeper degree of self to die to…

So then the issue would be walking in all the light one would see today, or as scripture puts it, living up to the standard one has achieved…

So then, how could one know?

I suppose this is where the peace of Christ in ones heart would be the arbiter of that truth… Christ did say He would come and make His abode in us and again it says He has given us His Spirit… And again those that are His know there His because of the witness of His Spirit in them…

So what would be the witness of the Spirit in one?

I suppose this would be the witness of the peace of Christ in ones heart… The peace of Christ in ones heart given to man to be the arbiter of life…

Oh blessed be that peace and blessed be that man that orders his life accordingly… That today might be more then yesterday, and tomorrow, more still…

Be blessed in the growing of that peace, Not me

Reactions: GEN2REV and Nancy

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can there be all?

I guess it would be, what is meant by the word all?

The commitment to God today could be all, but that all would only be in accordance to what one knows today… Tomorrow, Lord willing, as one grows, one would know more tomorrow and the commitment could be that much deeper… And so on and so forth… Never, as Paul coined the phrase, arrive…. As long as one is in the body there would always be a deeper degree of self to die to…

So then the issue would be walking in all the light one would see today, or as scripture puts it, living up to the standard one has achieved…

So then, how could one know?

I suppose this is where the peace of Christ in ones heart would be the arbiter of that truth… Christ did say He would come and make His abode in us and again it says He has given us His Spirit… And again those that are His know there His because of the witness of His Spirit in them…

I suppose this would be the witness of the peace of Christ in ones heart… The peace of Christ in ones heart given to man to be the arbiter of life…

Oh blessed be that peace and blessed be that man that orders his life accordingly… That today might be more then yesterday, and tomorrow, more still…

Be blessed in the growing of that peace, Not me

The Bible says God searches to and fro over all the earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is perfect towards Him.

I would love that kind of heart. Perhaps we never arrive but we know that God knows our hearts.

Reactions: GEN2REV and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Bible says God searches to and fro over all the earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is perfect towards Him.

I would love that kind of heart. Perhaps we never arrive but we know that God knows our hearts.
@Wynona 2 Chronicles 16.19a: "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him." Great verse! :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Me too Wynona, a prayer of mine has always been to have the demeanor of my mother, kind, gentle, meek, loving, forgiving...IOW - she exhibited all of His fruit. There were 7 of us kids and, it seems we all got more of my dad's attributes, lol.

It is such a comfort that He knows our hearts. Many presume to know, or just plain assume what another's experiences were, never taking into consideration that we are met by God right where we are. But only HE can know the what's, when's where's, why's and how's of an individual. We, Christians, CAN know one another, and especially the "leaders" of the Church, by their fruits, and their hunger for all things of God :)

@Not me ,
The "peace of God" is something that is unfathomable, even through our storms as, we know He will never leave or forsake us, amen!
And another thoughtful post!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another way of saying perfect is fully committed to Him or devoted to Him. He is a whole-hearted God and He loves us to be whole-hearted towards Him. Like when you're married...ideally.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I do believe God sees, knows and honors the willingness He sees in the heart… Our place (I believe) is to continually offer Him as much of ‘us’ as we possibly can…

May He bless our offerings….

In the Beloved, Not me

Me too Wynona, a prayer of mine has always been to have the demeanor of my mother, kind, gentle, meek, loving, forgiving...IOW - she exhibited all of His fruit. There were 7 of us kids and, it seems we all got more of my dad's attributes, lol.

It is such a comfort that He knows our hearts. Many presume to know, or just plain assume what another's experiences were, never taking into consideration that we are met by God right where we are. But only HE can know the what's, when's where's, why's and how's of an individual. We, Christians, CAN know one another, and especially the "leaders" of the Church, by their fruits, and their hunger for all things of God :)

@Not me ,
The "peace of God" is something that is unfathomable, even through our storms as, we know He will never leave or forsake us, amen!
And another thoughtful post!

Thank you, and I wholeheartedly agree, it is unfathomable, and that just makes me want to dive into it all the more.. :)

May you also be overjoyed in your diving.. :)

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Another way of saying perfect is fully committed to Him or devoted to Him. He is a whole-hearted God and He loves us to be whole-hearted towards Him. Like when you're married...ideally.

Oh to have such a heart, the heart is on tiptoes for the experiencing...

Be so blessed in your relationship with Him…

A fellow believer, Not me

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Not me Somehow I just thought of this hymn by William Cowper:

"
  1. God moves in a mysterious way
    His wonders to perform;
    He plants His footsteps in the sea
    And rides upon the storm.
  2. Deep in unfathomable mines
    Of never failing skill
    He treasures up His bright designs
    And works His sov’reign will.
  3. Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
    The clouds ye so much dread
    Are big with mercy and shall break
    In blessings on your head.
  4. Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
    But trust Him for His grace;
    Behind a frowning providence
    He hides a smiling face.
  5. His purposes will ripen fast,
    Unfolding every hour;
    The bud may have a bitter taste,
    But sweet will be the flow’r.
  6. Blind unbelief is sure to err
    And scan His work in vain;
    God is His own interpreter,
    And He will make it plain."

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe the Witness is also the conviction we feel when we are out of line. When we are practicing thoughts or actions that are out of line with Christ, we are deeply convicted about it in our hearts, causing us to change our ways to better re-align with that deep peace once again.

God bless.

Reactions: Not me and Nancy

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Many claim falsely that we are NOT to seek for perfection and that God does NOT look for that in us.

"Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect."
Matthew 5:48

Our God is perfection personified. And we are to seek to be near to Him and to be like Him.

"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children."
Ephesians 5:1

Though we may never arrive at perfection in this physical life, we are to strive for it until we take our final breath.

Be Perfect – STORM

Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the Witness is also the conviction we feel when we are out of line. When we are practicing thoughts or actions that are out of line with Christ, we are deeply convicted about it in our hearts, causing us to change our ways to better re-align with that deep peace once again.

God bless.

Thanks, and may God bless your relationship with Him also.. I would agree, through the heart does our instructions from Him come, both to the joy and correction.. And so blessed are they that are willing to listen to that still small voice…

Be blessed in being willing, Not me

Reactions: GEN2REV