Can we lose our salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every molecule of our physical body,the world,universe,all creation, is of God.
The veil of this world leads us to believe in material permanence.

We are told we are separated from the Father who gave us life that moment we are born into this world. We are told this by the church. That then tells us we need the church to reconnect us. Power of and to the church.

However, early people of The Way had no bible. They had the words of Jesus that was delivered by Apostles,and then those who shared those words with others. An oral tradition.

No one comes to Jesus,who was God,unless God,who was Jesus, calls them.

Be still and know I AM God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the Australian natives 5,000 years ago? Did they lose Jesus' gifts of eternal life, which they never heard of?
I can tell you WHO KNOWS “IF” they Heard, Knew, Believed or Not, is God and the individual man. Other than that everything is guesswork.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What about the Australian natives 5,000 years ago? Did they lose Jesus' gifts of eternal life, which they never heard of?
The cost of creation principle applies. Do you think man is different to the animals? What advantage does man have over the animals? As one dies so dies the other. God is taking a people out of this world for His name. Jacob he loves Esau he hates...and what of those who know him not? What is their end? What influence does the clay have over the potter?

What if that which you fear is true? What if the god you have created in your mind is no god at all? What if the true God is Holy, Just and Good and is able to do what He wants in His Creation?

I know such a God Tony.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can tell you WHO KNOWS “IF” they Heard, Knew, Believed or Not, is God and the individual man. Other than that everything is guesswork.
So what is your guessed answer for:

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5000 years ago nobody knew of Jesus's gifts of eternal life.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave as specific as possible response to your question.
God saves whom He wills. Seems you have an unyielding curiosity about some ancient peoples, I know nothing about. Why don’t you ask God?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 John 5:13 “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

God tells the truth and keeps His promises.​

Titus 1:2 “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;”

Belief births you into God’s family.​

John 1:12 “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”

Jesus promised you would not perish.​

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

You are not condemned (reserved for destruction).​

John 3:18 “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

You currently have everlasting life.​

John 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

You passed from death unto life.​

John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

Jesus will not cast you out for any reason.​

John 6:37 “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”

Jesus knows His sheep.​

John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:”

Jesus gave you eternal life.​

John 10:28 “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

You are in Jesus’ hand and no one can get you out.​

John 10:28b “neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

The Father placed His hand over the Son’s and no one is more powerful than Him.​

John 10:29 “My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”

The combined strength of God the Father and God the Son is protecting your soul.​

John 10:30 “I and my Father are one.”

Jesus promised that you would never die.​

John 11:25–26 “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”

God is your Father.​

Romans 8:15 “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

You are two-fold the Child of God; by birth and by adoption.​

Romans 8:15 “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit reminding us that we are saved.​

Romans 8:16 “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

God is the Judge of the soul and He already gave you His verdict.​

Romans 8:31–33 “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.”

Jesus Christ is at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us.​

Romans 8:34 “Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”

Nothing can separate you from the love of Christ.​

Romans 8:35–39 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

You are a new Creature.​

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

You are made righteous in Christ.​

2 Corinthians 5:21 “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

You are sealed with the Holy Spirit.​

Ephesians 1:13–14 “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.”

You are saved by grace through faith not by works.​

Ephesians 2:8–9 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

You are kept by the power of God.​

1 Peter 1:5 “Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”

You are a citizen of Heaven.​

Philippians 3:20 “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:”

You are seated in Heavenly places.​

Ephesians 2:6 “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:”

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gift of Salvation IS Gods Gift.
He PAID FOR, and OFFERED the Whole World HIS Gift.
He gives HIS GIFT to whom He pleases.

A people being identified, identifying themselves….according to their Nation of origin, according to a Nation wherein they reside, according to their parents descending heritage, culture, blood-line, according to the NAME of their denominal religion…IS Expressly THEIR Freewill to CHOOSE.

For the past 2,000 years All men have been INVITED to JOIN Christ Jesus’ CHURCH. He is the Head. His Word is the word to whit men can, hear, trust to believe, Confess their Belief and become MADE a member, ACCORDING TO: The Lord Gods Offering, and Way.

Other timeframes, Other cultures, Other doctrines, Other religions, WHO HEARD of God Almighty, HEARD His Word, and Elected by their FREEWILL to Believe and Follow His WAY…didn’t CHANGE the fact they were BELIEVING His WORD, whether or not they KNEW the NAME of Gods Word….and doesn’t CHANGE the fact, IF they Heard and Rejected His WORD.

Already elaborated on the UNKNOWING, are not Held Accountable for what they KNEW NOT.

Already elaborated God IS ALL-KNOWING, which includes, WHAT A MAN (IF HE HAD HEARD), what he would have chosen.

Men are DIVIDED on their Beliefs.
A day will come when the Lord God SHALL separate the Divided, WITH (Believing) Him, and those Without (non-believing) Him.

During the last days Tribulations OF God sent down from Heaven upon the face of the Earth….
And BEFORE the Separation…All upon the face of the Earth in those Days…
SHALL HEAR the Gospel of Christ Jesus, effected by, through, of A holy Angel Servant of the Lord God. (Rev 14:6)

Glory to God,
Taken

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Gift of Salvation IS Gods Gift.
He PAID FOR, and OFFERED the Whole World HIS Gift.
He gives HIS GIFT to whom He pleases.

A people being identified, identifying themselves….according to their Nation of origin, according to a Nation wherein they reside, according to their parents descending heritage, culture, blood-line, according to the NAME of their denominal religion…IS Expressly THEIR Freewill to CHOOSE.

For the past 2,000 years All men have been INVITED to JOIN Christ Jesus’ CHURCH. He is the Head. His Word is the word to whit men can, hear, trust to believe, Confess their Belief and become MADE a member, ACCORDING TO: The Lord Gods Offering, and Way.

Other timeframes, Other cultures, Other doctrines, Other religions, WHO HEARD of God Almighty, HEARD His Word, and Elected by their FREEWILL to Believe and Follow His WAY…didn’t CHANGE the fact they were BELIEVING His WORD, whether or not they KNEW the NAME of Gods Word….and doesn’t CHANGE the fact, IF they Heard and Rejected His WORD.

Already elaborated on the UNKNOWING, are not Held Accountable for what they KNEW NOT.

Already elaborated God IS ALL-KNOWING, which includes, WHAT A MAN (IF HE HAD HEARD), what he would have chosen.

Men are DIVIDED on their Beliefs.
A day will come when the Lord God SHALL separate the Divided, WITH (Believing) Him, and those Without (non-believing) Him.

During the last days Tribulations OF God sent down from Heaven upon the face of the Earth….
And BEFORE the Separation…All upon the face of the Earth in those Days…
SHALL HEAR the Gospel of Christ Jesus, effected by, through, of A holy Angel Servant of the Lord God. (Rev 14:6)

Glory to God,
Taken
I am having trouble reading your post and I cannot put you on ignore. Are you saying that every single Australian native 5000 years ago heard the gospel of Jesus before they died? Please reply with a simple answer without all the capital letters and the ...'s. They were making me dizzy when I read them. I am having trouble filling in the ...'s. I can't read your mind.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The English word "save" or "salvation" is polysemantic. It has at least the following meanings:

1. It could mean being physically rescued at a point in time situation (Exodus 14:13, H3444, יְשׁוּעָה yeshuah). In this case, you may need to be rescued again. You can be rescued or saved multiple times. The only places in the OT where yeshuah is used unambiguously as saving people from sins are in Eze 36:29 and 37:23.
  2. It could mean being accepted officially by a certain church/denomination. When you lose your membership, you lose this salvation.
  3. It could describe a shallow Christian who is a Christian in name only (1 John 2:19). He looks like a Christian and talks like a Christian. Instead of serving God, he wants God to serve him. After a while, he goes away because he no longer finds God useful.
  4. It could describe a serious Christian. He thinks he has been regenerated. He is in the faith (2Co 13:5, Col 1:23) and performs Christian works sincerely for years but departs from the faith eventually (1 Tim 4:1).
  5. It could mean that your name is written in the Book of Life. Later, God may erase or at least threaten to erase that name and you may lose this type of salvation, Ex 32:32, Rev 3:5.
  6. Finally, it could mean being saved from the physical now onto eternity. In this case, it requires the Paraclete to dwell in you presently. You cannot lose the Paraclete in you. This is the concept of born of the Spirit, 1 Peter 1:

The word "save" or "salvation" is polysemantic. Depending on your definition of salvation, you can definitely lose your salvation.

The question that one should ask is not "Once saved always saved?". The better question is whether you have the Paraclete Indwelling Spirit in you.

Can you lose your salvation?

Yes, in many many ways: John 15:2, Romans 11:22, Hebrews 6:4, 1 Corinthians 15:2.

Can you lose your Paraclete?

No, I don't think so. The Paraclete does what he does. He chooses to dwell in a person by making a direct connection with the person's human spirit permanently.
You are too busy parsing the words. when people think of salvation, they think of being saved and given eternal life with Jesus in heaven. so based on the normal ususal understanding by believers, the bible definitely teaches one can never lose their salvation.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am having trouble reading your post and I cannot put you on ignore. Are you saying that every single Australian native 5000 years ago heard the gospel of Jesus before they died?
Not once did I say or imply that.
“If” you studied Scripture, you should know, the Earth was established as one mass of land.
I would presume men spreading out would mention God, as their belief or rejection thereof.
Seems every culture, regardless of how far from the Garden of Eden, regardless of after the one land mass breaking apart, has “a god”.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1:
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

[9] And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

[10] And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gen 1:
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

[9] And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

[10] And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
So, when were the continents formed?