Can we raise the dead today through the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
It is possible, but not probable.

Mainly because like tongues, the need no longer is great.

I know The Father only gives what you need. So healing yes, casting out of unclean spirits, yes.

But tongues when so many know many common languages and raising the dead when so much of the medical community can prolong life or
bring it back; well not much need.

LightTheWay

Oct 29, 2014
Guam
Axehead said:
So, you have the same point of view as two of your friends? Have you asked the Lord to confirm this point of view in your heart or are you still looking for confirmation? You know, it really does not matter how many friends you or I have that hold a certain point of view. Ultimately, we cannot receive anything unless the Lord confirms it to us. Would you agree with that? And with that said, instead of garnering more "points of view" from men, don't you think it would be better to go to the Lord in prayer and ask him to confirm it or deny it in your heart. Then, it won't matter what any man says, because you will have received your answer from the Lord. There are lots of "christian" forums and there are lots of opinions. God has one opinion on the subject and that is where you will find your answer. Have you asked the Lord directly? Are you accustomed to hearing from Him?
I do not share the same point of view on this as my friends. I said I have the same point of view as two other users here, as they stated their sides on the comments above. ^^^^ the users are justaname & evangelist-7.
Yes I am accustomed to hearing the Voice of God. I just wanted some scripture that I could read when I do dwell with God that talk on this matter. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: lforrest

Axehead

May 9, 2012
LightTheWay said:
I do not share the same point of view on this as my friends. I said I have the same point of view as two other users here, as they stated their sides on the comments above. ^^^^ the users are justaname & evangelist-7.
Yes I am accustomed to hearing the Voice of God. I just wanted some scripture that I could read when I do dwell with God that talk on this matter. Thank you for your help.
I will pray that the Lord confirms it in your heart one way or another as you pray and search the scriptures.

Reactions: LightTheWay