Can you all do me 1 huge favor??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
Hi, I'm new here. I'm 29, and I need some Christian friends. And by friends, I mean people who will obey the new commandment and love me, your neighbor, as Jesus has loved you.So do me 1 favor, 1 big favor::::::: Do NOT just say "Welcome!" or likewise some such shallow thing. TALK to me. Private message me if you can't muster up anything more than "Welcome!" publicly. Say something about yourself. Identify with me. Do something more than any other Intro forum reply usually does. Can you do me that favor? From one brother to another? Listen, I don't want to go into it here, but there is an urgency behind this request. Show your humanity in your reply, and if you can't write anything more than just "Welcome!" then don't write anything at all.A second favor, if you can muster the love for it, is, this: Send me a private message. Get to know me. If you knew what I have been through, rather, if you had been through it, you would be writing the same intro as I just did. Show some love, Christians. Go the EXTRA mile, like Jesus commanded.

walker starrfta99

Aug 28, 2009
I have a daughter whom I love dearly. She has helped me throughout my surgery in many ways ,too many to count. She is invaluable to me. Of course it would mean a great deal to me me to have both wife and daughter.since I don't I am grateful to have the daughter. I am not alone!I love my daughter she is the most important ,(other than JESUS), aspect of my life right now and I hope will continue to be. Welcome to the forum.

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
walker starrfta99;73971 said:
dear HX8 something about my self OK This is as personal as one can get. I amtrying to recover from surgery trying to regain my strength. I have no one in this worldleft to love. I am a christian and in the perfect world to come one would think that JESUS.S love would be enough. But I'm still here in this world. Yet here the only one loving me is GOD. iS THAT PERSONAL ENOUGH FOR YOU? Welcome to the forum.
Hi walker starrfta99,I'm sorry that your surgery's aftermath has taken away your strength and you sound as lonely as I am. But I hope to bring the people who respond to my plea for help together so that we can all be a community and comfort one another and be friends. The only one loving you WAS God, but I love you too brother, even as Jesus has loved me. God loves his little ones, and though I came on this board for myself and my own misery, perhaps I can help you too. I believe in two-way friendships, though most of my friendships have involved me giving and never receiving, which, as you can imagine, gets real old real quick. But the day when no one loves you is over friend.I'll see if I can PM(private message) you and we can talk some more on there if you prefer, or here, whichever is better for you.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll share something I don't normally go public with as well. I guess firstly my name is Denver, my moniker here is in honor of a little-known American Revolution hero, General Francis Marion.A little bit over a year ago now my best friend and college roomate had a horrific accident. I've mentioned that a couple times both here and at other places. I have no doubt that it was an act of God that he made it. He healed remarkably well, but he suffered the loss of both legs.Some matters should remain private as to not impugn or attack the family, but some choices were made, things said, and other actions which led to a very hurtful situation in which I've lost my best friend outside of my significant other. It became an issue where the family moved in our tiny duplex and took over, even sleeping where I worked every day. They did what they had to do. Paradoxically, I'm only friendly terms with almost everyone, yet I have few close friends. So this was a loss, as he was someone that shared a lot of interests and times with me. I'm just not the partying type, and I never really fit in at college. I don't care to become inebriated, I'd much rather play sports or have an intelligent conversation or something of that nature. As such, I picked up a couple friends in college, but I've dealt without that close guy friend for a while now. It's not that my situation is in any way as bad as yours or that I am comparing them, but this is my state and there has really been a hole there for sometime now.I guess what I would tell you in this conversation is that God provides one way or another, and it may be different in different situations. He doesn't give you any more than you can bear, and I am blessed to have my fiancee by my side. That was who God knew I needed in this incredible time.hx8, you've got friendly ears here and so much more than that. As I've watched CB grow, despite even it's small size, there are a lot of good people in and out of the forums here. They might not be the most vocal, but they'll listen, pray, and comfort you to the best of their ability.Stick around, the body of Christ needs all the parts to function. You'd so surprised how things will come up or what will become clear.I had a dream a few months ago now when I was concerned about all of this. Something said to share this here, so I will.In the dream I boarded a bus, and walked to the back. This homeless lady sat at the back, and so I sat with her, one look at her face and eyes and I knew we should talk. As I spoke, I let it out about my friend probably the most I ever have. Towards the end she looked at me, telling me her story culminating with her sitting in there in the bus. The lady was beautiful, almost regal despite her attire. Her story was saddest thing I ever heard, I just remember that almost crushing feeling you have when something cannot be done yet it's terrible.At the end I looked over at her and questioned her, "how can you be here, how can you look so happy?" She turned, looked at me with a smile and said, "I am where I am supposed to be....You are too."I'm not going to lie, I tear up every single time I recall that dream. I know for certain there are two times in life where God has given me a dream. I feel it is my duty to share them at diverse times, and this is one of them. Take what you will of it.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
hx8;73970]Hi said:
Hello HX8, Welcome to the forum...I hope you enjoy it here. I don't know what you've been through but I do know that the story SwampFox wrote really touches base. For, "we are where we're supposed to be...you too." I'll share a short story with you. Yesterday my daughter was really distraught and unhappy. Her nine year old son has ADHD and it has really been tough going lately. She just seemed to terribly sad when I spoke with her yesterday...so much so that I woke up at 3:00 AM praying about both her and my grandson. Not just for God to help him with learning and behavioral issues but also to help her be happy where she is in life with what she has in life. To find peace. She loves God yet she seems to yearn for more in life even though she is greatly blessed. Well, today I called her and she was much brighter in mood. I asked what happened and she told me she decided she just needed to accept where she is now and make the best of it. She went to wake the little guy up for school and hugged him, held his hand and said...."let's say a prayer to God together to help me be the best Mom I can be for you and to help you be the best you can be." I loved that and suggested she begin each day with him that way because it certainly set the right tone. I also suggested a similar prayer at night thanking God but she said she'll have to get her husband to do that one as at the end of a long day with a nine year old and two teenage girls...she isn't sure she's have the patience to stay on an even keel. She's her mother's daughter alright! ;) I'm glad you're here. :)

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
I'll consider each of your replies deeply for a few hours before replying. God bless you for your kindness and personal consideration, moreso than I've received from many of my so-called "close" friends.I'll say this though, I don't know if it is a pity, or a blessing, that strangers can be kinder than people i've known for years. I'd say it is both. A pity for those who have neglected to love me, their neighbor, as themselves, and a blessing for both me, and you who have replied, that we can connect perhaps thousands of miles away from each other using this internet. If you had had said to you the things that people have said to me, .... well, maybe you have. I know I am not alone in being hurt by others, because offenses abound in this sinful world. But.... anyway............ I appreciate your kindness to a stranger. And though I usually post scripture as I reply for convenience, I won't here, but, I encourage you to read, now, the 2nd parable in matthew 25. you have done it unto Him.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi hhhhhhh,I went to your profile to see where you are from -you know just generally - but I'm new and maybe couldn't find it. Where about are you, if I'm not getting too personal?I find I can not expect anything from anyone - I'm much happier that way. At your age, I was very hurt by so many people all the time. I'm not shut down ---just wiser.I have my own happiness -kind of like an only child must be like - if someone is nice to me or remembers my birthday - hey, it's sweet now - but I don't need even one person -not one to comfort me or remember me in any way any more ---What Freedom.What joy to be happy and inspired and feel a presence if I attune myself. Ahh, getting older does have it's benefits.Welcome here for the both of us. A "welcome" can be very warm if sincere.;) Miss Hepburn

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
Miss Hepburn;74017]Hi hhhhhhh said:
Grace and love to you Miss Hepburn. In a way, I envy you that you have come to a point in your life when you expect ZERO from anyone, but I also feel your pain as well. I too am an only child, so to speak, though my dad has 2 kids from a previous marriage, so techincally not, but, they were raised by his ex-wife, so, anyway. I was raised an only child. I pity you even as I pity myself for the pain you've endured. BUTBut, no one who believes in Jesus should have to feel this way. We OUGHT to, according by his commandment, to have brothers and sisters that love us not only in word, but in deed. I don't want to come to the point where I expect nothing from anyone. I understand how it may be a wise place to be in, relying only on God, but, statistically speaking, there are millions of Christians, and, what, not one of them can seek me out to befriend me? Forgive my bitterness. I repent of it, and am trying to get over it. O that I could be as wise as you, needing no one. And I mean that in no negative way. Excuse my weakness. This is a humbling, and, indeed, humiliating, experience, to have to try to find friends through a text box in the internet. But I have no choice anymore. I have no one. And it is not good enough for me. I am glad you have God and that he is enough for you. As for me, I need his children to behave as He behaves. I expect the offspring of an dove to behave like a dove. I expect the children of God to follow their Father's loving example and care for their neighbor, even as he has commanded (not suggested).Excuse my pain, expressed here. I've gotten a myriad of responses on the various "christian" boards that i've posted this PLEA on. 1 board banned me. one 1 board, I got a number of kind private messages which have been uplifting. on 1 other board, on which you can't PM until 7 days after signing up, i've gotten a good number of kind responses on the thread i posted. what matters is time. in a month, will you still love me? in a month, will you still think of me? talk to me? i always reply, individually, to anyone and everyone that talks or writes to me. time will tell. i appreciate your reply, it was very kind. it was also wise. but forgive me that i cannot any longer continue in a world where I can expect NOTHING from God's children. i expect. and i give. i've given, and given, and given, and never get anything back. so now, i beg. and i hope God's children, and God, have ears to hear.-HX

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if you give too much, hhhhhhhh. Hmm, maybe not. So then, and I don't know - I wonder if you subtly give from emptiness -thus you need to get back to fill the hole.Hmm, work me me here --so what I'm thinking is --the difference in the giving and giving ---I can give ---but I'm giving from fullness --maybe picture Aunt Bee on Andy Griffith (I know it was before your time, but Mayberry is still on somewhere) -That Aunt Bee couldn't stop baking pies if you tied her up. :)She never wanted a darned thing -Her heart was so full she just gave and gave. She was too busy giving to even think about herself receiving anything. But how she beamed when she was given a party with her apron still on and that little buck tooth, so sweet.I will tell you something - we get what we think about --- and that which we say No! to --- we are really saying to that which we don't want Come to me. "That which we fear... "---that one - Job.I get off on tangents -you know us brilliant minds!! LOL - I hope I'm making a little of my point clear. ;)Later, kiddo, Miss Hepburn

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
Miss Hepburn, I thank you for your comments. I logged on just now after receiving (in a roundabout way) very joyful news, that I must tell everyone who loves the Lord, but, I cannot tell the details. But, ...... rejoice with me. I'll say this---- the whore has been judged.Rev17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.Rev17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.God has, .................. finally.................... answered my prayers, with regard to 1 specific thing, 1 specific person. He has pleaded my cause and brought judgment upon my enemy. All this I know, from a single picture, from 1 single picture. But it is a joyful hour.......... the 9th hour of the 28th day of October 2009......... finally. He has crushed this wicked person under his mighty foot and heard my prayer. Finally. I knew he would, but it took so long. Things are looking up every day. I am......... utterly overjoyed. Finally. It is...... as if....... the person who murdered your mother and father was found to be dead from being killed in an accident, only better. Yet even better than that. Still better than that. Thanks be to God who judges justly and upholds the cause of his servants.

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
Psa69:27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.Psa69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hx8;74033]Psa69:27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.Psa69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living said:
Those are heavy words --"Let them be blotted out of the book of the living..." I've never read that.I don't now - I wonder how things have changed since the New Testament.But, judgment is the Lord's. I'm glad judgment and any punishment is not up to me!!;) Miss Hepburn

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
Shall the widow in the parable, who prayed for God to avenge her of her adversary, be ashamed when God does so?Luke18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;5 Yet because this widow troubles me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man comes, shall he find faith on the earth?Certainly, that widow should not be ashamed when her adversary is avenged. And even if no man rejoices with me in my happiest hour, it will not detract for my joy one bit. God has done it. He has done it, as he had promised. Glory be to Christ.Shall we forgive every man? even if they do not repent? consider:John20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:John20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.The Lord would not give his disciples the power to retain sins unto a person if it were not in keeping with good doctrine to do so.How does the Lord want us to forgive when we are offended?Do we immediately forgive? Consider:Mat18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.Mat18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.Mat18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.Mat18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.Follow the flow of Matthew 18.............IF your brother trespass against you.... REBUKE him.and --IF-- he repent, forgive him. It does not say toimmediately forgive him, it does not say to not rebuke him,it does not say to forgive him even if your rebuke isn't heeded.No, it says:Luke17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.Luke17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.IF trespass THEN rebuke. IF he repent THEN forgive.Consider also how he says it in verse 4: they must seven times say "I repent". But if a person is rebuked, and they repent not, shall we offer them forgiveness? Jesus says no. He has given specific guidelines as to how to deal with trespass. IF sin THEN rebuke, IF repent THEN forgive.And if they do not repent?Mat18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.Even so, thanks be to God for judging the heathen, and retaining their sins, even as thou hast commanded.

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
SwampFox;73999]I said:
Some matters should remain private as to not impugn or attack the family, but some choices were made, things said, and other actions which led to a very hurtful situation in which I've lost my best friend outside of my significant other. It became an issue where the family moved in our tiny duplex and took over, even sleeping where I worked every day. They did what they had to do.
Ain't nothing wrong with privacy, that's why everyone can just call me HX for now. It sounds like it was a very rough time that you experienced, and I thank you for sharing your story with me.
Paradoxically, I'm only friendly terms with almost everyone, yet I have few close friends. So this was a loss, as he was someone that shared a lot of interests and times with me. I'm just not the partying type, and I never really fit in at college. I don't care to become inebriated, I'd much rather play sports or have an intelligent conversation or something of that nature. As such, I picked up a couple friends in college, but I've dealt without that close guy friend for a while now.
There's nothing quite like having a close friend, a "confidante" as I like to call it. One person recently said to me that they didn't know the difference between being "friendly" or being a friend. That shocked me, and quite frankly I can't understand that. I believe there is a deep trust involved in a friendship... you can be friendly to anyone. As for inebriation, I've drank my share of alcohol (and your share and his share and her share...), but I much prefer intelligent and spiritually focused conversation. Not big into sports, but I love watching hockey. If you'd like to be close friends, that would be great, as that is what I'm here for.
It's not that my situation is in any way as bad as yours or that I am comparing them, but this is my state and there has really been a hole there for sometime now.
No, yours might be worse. But everyone goes through stuff, that is no doubt equally traumatic to each of us personally and individually. I feel you on the 'hole' thing. it sucks that my phone never rings and that my email box remains empty day after day. life can be pretty traumatic.
I guess what I would tell you in this conversation is that God provides one way or another, and it may be different in different situations. He doesn't give you any more than you can bear, and I am blessed to have my fiancee by my side. That was who God knew I needed in this incredible time.
he certainly does, and i hope through these forum intros that he will provide through his saints in making some friends for me. though not all of you will stick around after a month or a year, perhaps 1 or 2 will. i'm glad that he has provided you with a loving fiancee to help you through your struggle. God has also provided me a very loving girlfriend during this difficult time in my life, who is adopting a little girl from Haiti. It will likely take 1-2 more years before she comes home, and my gf has been in the process of adopting for over 20 months now. It is heartbreaking for her that her child is stuck in another country for so long for no reason.
hx8, you've got friendly ears here and so much more than that. As I've watched CB grow, despite even it's small size, there are a lot of good people in and out of the forums here. They might not be the most vocal, but they'll listen, pray, and comfort you to the best of their ability.
its not size that matters, but Spirit.if they are able to love, then let them do so. prayers are nice, and prayers are great, but my prayer is for companionship, and that is something they can only provide with (so-called) face-time. or email-time, as it were. i don't mind the prayers at all, so long as actual love and companionship accompanies them. and that takes effort, something i rarely see in Christians nowadays.
Stick around, the body of Christ needs all the parts to function. You'd so surprised how things will come up or what will become clear.I had a dream a few months ago now when I was concerned about all of this. Something said to share this here, so I will.
Thanks for your sharing of your dream. Its too bad that certain parts of the body of Christ think they can function without me, but, it is their loss, as I am good to anyone who will be my friend.
In the dream I boarded a bus, and walked to the back. This homeless lady sat at the back, and so I sat with her, one look at her face and eyes and I knew we should talk. As I spoke, I let it out about my friend probably the most I ever have. Towards the end she looked at me, telling me her story culminating with her sitting in there in the bus. The lady was beautiful, almost regal despite her attire. Her story was saddest thing I ever heard, I just remember that almost crushing feeling you have when something cannot be done yet it's terrible.
God gives us our dreams, and I'm glad he gave you that one and shared it with me and the others in this thread. Some people think dreams are just random synapses firing, but scripture says that dreams come from God. Why would God waste 8 hours of our day (during sleep) when he can use that time to educate us? Of course, then I wonder what my dream about a time-travelling washcloth might mean. But anyway ;)
At the end I looked over at her and questioned her, "how can you be here, how can you look so happy?" She turned, looked at me with a smile and said, "I am where I am supposed to be....You are too."
That's a very good thing to remember, we are exactly where we're supposed to be. Whether its Joseph sitting in a pit betrayed by his brothers, or Daniel sitting all night in a lion's den, God is with us.
I'm not going to lie, I tear up every single time I recall that dream. I know for certain there are two times in life where God has given me a dream. I feel it is my duty to share them at diverse times, and this is one of them. Take what you will of it.
Having only a moment-by-moment view of time makes it so difficult for us simple humans to understand God's greater plan. But, by faith, we can see the end is good for us who love God.

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
whirlwind;74006]Hello HX8 said:
we are where we're supposed to be...you too[/I]." I'll share a short story with you. Yesterday my daughter was really distraught and unhappy. Her nine year old son has ADHD and it has really been tough going lately. She just seemed to terribly sad when I spoke with her yesterday...so much so that I woke up at 3:00 AM praying about both her and my grandson. Not just for God to help him with learning and behavioral issues but also to help her be happy where she is in life with what she has in life. To find peace. She loves God yet she seems to yearn for more in life even though she is greatly blessed.
I personally don't believe that ADHD exists, but I sympathize with you that he has been exhibiting symptoms which have led to that diagnosis. I will pray for him to be freed from that difficult condition. I believe all such behavioral disorders to be spiritual in nature, be it bipolar, depression, schizophrenia, alcoholism etc. Jesus drove out devils from many people who were exhibiting abnormal behaviors, thus proving that they are the cause of them. I pray that your grandson will be freed from that which troubles her. Jesus never blamed the people, he just healed them. And I pray for your grandson's healing and freedom. Sometimes it helps if people obey what Jesus said, and sell everything and give it to the poor, so they can have treasure in heaven.
Well, today I called her and she was much brighter in mood. I asked what happened and she told me she decided she just needed to accept where she is now and make the best of it. She went to wake the little guy up for school and hugged him, held his hand and said...."let's say a prayer to God together to help me be the best Mom I can be for you and to help you be the best you can be."
that's very touching and wonderful! not having kids or much of a family in general, there are some things i am ignorant about when it comes to family. but there's nothing quite like a mother's love.
I loved that and suggested she begin each day with him that way because it certainly set the right tone. I also suggested a similar prayer at night thanking God but she said she'll have to get her husband to do that one as at the end of a long day with a nine year old and two teenage girls...she isn't sure she's have the patience to stay on an even keel.
its good for people to learn spirituality as a child. may God bless you and yours, and feel free to PM me anytime.

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
Woohoo!!! The day after I got my amazing news, my girlfriend ALSO got some even MORE amazing news about her Haitian adoption!!! She has been stuck in this stage called IBESR for, like, 14 months, and --finally-- she just received news that she got out of IBESR! Her adoption is FINALLY moving forward after waiting for way too long. Praise God! She'll soon be entering a phase called Parquet. There's quite a few phases to go, but this was the longest one from what I understand. Yay!!!-HX

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aw, congratulations, my little brother.I'm smiling with you.:) Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hhhhhhhh,I forgot - that post of yours - too long to quote - #14 yesterday - where you quote Luke 18 was very informative.;)

hx8

Oct 24, 2009
lol I ---finally--- understood why you were writing hhhhhhhh! i'm so stupid...