can you forgive others and yourself?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you say me it

Absolutely! I no longer hate myself as I once did. Trust me, that is a horrible way to live a life. But, having been cleansed of my Sinful Nature, I have learned over time that self-hatred is of the Devil. In fact, it wasn't until I first began to be taught by God about confidence, that my ears were finally opened and unblocked of self-hatred. I would say that I was so disgusted with myself that I was literally unable to see the Truth, which is that God loved me.

With the Curse of Adam and Eve lifted, the same Curse that caused them fear, shame, and guilt, there finally became a time when self-hatred and even self-doubt have vanished. Though I am currently at the "lowest point" of my entire life, I have never been more strong and confident. God has taken away nearly everything . . . to the degree that the only One in my life would be Himself. I had no one to Turn to on this planet, and that is where the miracle began, for I finally became comfortable with full surrender to His Son, Jesus. I was done fighting people, places, and things. I was also done with fighting against those that had harmed me so much.

With the Curse of Adam and Eve lifted, forgiveness became a non-issue. Now living with a Purified Heart, I found that hating others has become an impossibility, no matter how difficult the circumstances continue to become. I found that because I am able to forgive all people, it seems to have crossed over to myself. For, I know that the things I once did were not of myself, but they were because of the Effectual relationship between myself and the Sin Nature, the mind of satan (as it is, or was for us all). Well, if this is what happened to me, then it is the same things that have or are still happening to those around me. If I can forgive them, then surely I can forgive myself . . . for as Paul states in Romans chapter 7, "It isn't me doing it." He was referring to the sinful acts in his life. He wasn't having it! Paul wasn't about to take responsibility for an evil influence in his life. And he's right . . . it wasn't himself that was causing the sin, but the Devil . . . his former father.

Now, I live in a continual state of forgiveness. I don't even think about it. I don't undergo the old process of thinking to myself about the conversation I might have with someone . . . "Sure, I forgive you." Nonsense. When I thought like that, it was because I still harbored hatred in my heart, hence, I didn't want to forgive. And sure enough . . . I didn't forgive them at all. But when a person lives in a continual state of forgiveness, the act of forgiving has already taken place . . . long ago.

If Christ can forgive me, and He has, then I can forgive myself. We should all forgive ourselves, and if we did, we'd probably find ourselves to be much less argumentative with others on Christians Forums. :)