Can You Get a 100% on this False Teacher Quiz?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I scrored 80% right. But I feel guilty of getting some of the simpliest ones...Especially this one...I John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.^^.......Yes I got that wrong...It only shows that we make errors and can not be correct 100% of the time...so I went back, and got 100%...time to repent...Love much, JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
That was fun. I think false teachers are relatively easy to recognize. Either their teaching lines up with the Word. Or it doesn't. Of course, that requires that we actually study the whole Bible. I personally find the genealogies boring. I read them anyway. And certain of the judgements in the Old Testament confusing. So, I ask God for clarification & accept my limited understanding. My basic attitude, is that if I press on with a heart willing to be transformed, then the truth will eventually transform me. The more of the Word I plant in my spirit, the easier it is to discern truth vs part truth/part falsehood.Lately I've felt drawn to study false prophets. I'm pondering over the account of Balaam in Numbers. If he (or someone like him) were to show up today, would I recognize them as false? I'm finding this much harder. Because the prophetic words he spoke were true. When I read them, they ring with the truth of God. Which I find very problematic, since I've conditioned myself to "listen" for the truth. And use it as a judge.Fortunately, I also ask myself: What is the fruit? Ie if I followed this teaching would it lead me a place that lines up with the Bible? And also (as a secondary test): Who gets the glory? Because anything that doesn't exalt God, is to be scrapped.Still, I'm find the ability to discern false prophets a challenge. When they arrive (which they will), I'd like to able to say more than "the words are true, but the heart of the prophet is false." Likewise saying "this feels wrong" is a inadequate answer. In order to safeguard ourselves from deception & teach others why it is deception, I need to have a reasonable way to explain my position.

Dave...

Aug 16, 2007
(Nova;21007)
That was fun. I think false teachers are relatively easy to recognize. Either their teaching lines up with the Word. Or it doesn't. Of course, that requires that we actually study the whole Bible. I personally find the genealogies boring. I read them anyway. And certain of the judgements in the Old Testament confusing. So, I ask God for clarification & accept my limited understanding. My basic attitude, is that if I press on with a heart willing to be transformed, then the truth will eventually transform me. The more of the Word I plant in my spirit, the easier it is to discern truth vs part truth/part falsehood.Lately I've felt drawn to study false prophets. I'm pondering over the account of Balaam in Numbers. If he (or someone like him) were to show up today, would I recognize them as false? I'm finding this much harder. Because the prophetic words he spoke were true. When I read them, they ring with the truth of God. Which I find very problematic, since I've conditioned myself to "listen" for the truth. And use it as a judge.Fortunately, I also ask myself: What is the fruit? Ie if I followed this teaching would it lead me a place that lines up with the Bible? And also (as a secondary test): Who gets the glory? Because anything that doesn't exalt God, is to be scrapped.Still, I'm find the ability to discern false prophets a challenge. When they arrive (which they will), I'd like to able to say more than "the words are true, but the heart of the prophet is false." Likewise saying "this feels wrong" is a inadequate answer. In order to safeguard ourselves from deception & teach others why it is deception, I need to have a reasonable way to explain my position.
Nova. There was a time, not too long ago, when all these things seemed so overwhelming for me to learn and understand. But what is impossible with man is possible with God. It's like cleaning the garage. If we look at the whole mess, it's overwhelms us and we get nothing done. But if we just start to pick things up and put them away, one thing at a time, taking on one small task at a time, the next thing you know the garage is clean. What I have discovered is that all false apostate systems of teaching. and those false teachers from within all come from the same source, Babylon. This is what the Bible teaches. So if a person takes the time to expose one of them with carful scrutiny in light of God's Word, they have already done most of the work to expose the rest. They wear different masks, because they have adapted and improvised in different ways over time, but underneath, it's all still mystery Babylon. The commonality that they have with each other in seed and in interest will be what will draw them together to form the one world church headed by the antichrist, as per scripture.Like you said, foundational to our being protected from all of this is the Sword, the Word of God. Without this, we are no match for Satan. He doesn't come with a big "S" stamped on his forehead, but he comes as an angel of light. Without a good foundation of God's Word sewn into our hearts, we will never be able to tell the true from the false.God bless.Dave

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I got 100%!
smile.gif

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
It is a very good quiz, no matter what You get, because it shows You how much You need to redouble Your efforts in light of what the world is realy like. It is an excellent quiz, no matter what You get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I guess to prove My point about the score, I wrestle with a thorn in My flesh, feel like a misserable failure much of the time, and becuase of this thorn, and My ill health, often do not temper what I type the way I should -becuase their are better ways to attack gnosticim, which when I do, I feel I am sounding arrogant about it. I intend for others to improve how and what I say, even if I can get My health back, and say things better Myself. I realy do feel like a misserable wreck so much of the time, and I got a 100%. So I guess instead of worrying about the score, learn from the test, and redouble Your efforts to help others -As since You can't Buy Your way into heaven, You don't have to worry about paying too much, thru too many good works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -So since You can't buy Your way into heaven, instead of worrying about the "Change" You are do, for doing too many good works, just do some more!!!!!!!!!!! -It's the only race You can win, by going nowhere, since God has already granted You victory, and just spend all Your time trying to convince the other runners to stop running, but get saved, and out of Love help even more runners to stop running, until eventualy You can Hope and Pray, that all of the runners in the world might actualy be willing to stop running, and collect the realy "Cool" salvation God is handing out for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I almost sound poetic. But like everything else I do in life, "Almost," is My middle name: saved Sinner, with the finesse of a four left-footed bull wearing roller skates, on a sheet of glass, but happy as pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I have no idea who actualy determined that pie is happy?????????? But i'll bite!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh, a joke unawares!!!!!!!! ) God Bless, Mike

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I took it a second time and still scored 100%, but then the questions were the same ones I answered before. I don't think they change them.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I had a 96%, but the one I got wrong was this one:
False teacher’s interpretations come from man.The correct answer is True.
With every question, I tried to remember scripture that dealt with the question at hand. And I have to take issue with this answer, because although false teachers use man's interpretation (the flesh), who is Lord over that flesh?The verse that came to me was this:
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
While this verse does not specifically say that Satan inspires these false apostles regarding the interpretation, the fact that they are place on the same boat with him effectively says that, as I do believe it is possible that some false teachers are Satan inspired and taught.I think the answer to this apparent contradiction is that many false teachers use man's interpretations, but some others can be Satan influenced.

Abdul Dawood

Mar 6, 2008
Holas,I scored a 100% on the quiz. Although, it seemed to me that the correct answer was painfully obvious. If anyone would think for a minute about the state of the world and how many people are sucked into various cults, then everyone will agree that there are plenty of false teachers and they have no shortage of followers.Toodles!

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
92% I got confused on # 17. People will not want to hear false prophets. the double negative and stuff.. hahha. The worst false teachers are the ones that preach lots of truth but mix some lies in
sad.gif

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
96% right...I missed the first question about Peter warning about false teachers....oops

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
I got 96% (I think the people who said they got 98% mean 96% because when it's 25 questions, it's impossibleto get 98%)I got the question wrong about false teachers performing miracles.