Casting down imaginations,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have practiced this very thought control for over a decade.
After a short while it's funny to see that you become uninteresting for 'the devil'
to play with.
I noticed an auto-pilot takes over...thoughts hardly bother you and if they do...they are easy to laugh at for exactly what they are...nonsense meant to take you away from every single thing you want...peace, love, kindness, freedom, patience...the whole enchilada.
Without a renewed mind there is a torturous battle between the ears.
I am an overcomer...by His Grace. ☺

Haha..A good example is after 11 days I found my misplaced bank pouch with thousands of dollars in it yesterday...yet, there was not one moment of being upset
all those days..when I found it...there wasn't the slightest rise in me .
I was as content while it was missing as when I found it.
And isn' that a measuring stick for our own spiritual advancement...peace...
under all sorts of situations.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have practiced this very thought control for over a decade.
After a short while it's funny to see that you become uninteresting for 'the devil'
to play with.
I noticed an auto-pilot takes over...thoughts hardly bother you and if they do...they are easy to laugh at for exactly what they are...nonsense meant to take you away from every single thing you want...peace, love, kindness, freedom, patience...the whole enchilada.
Without a renewed mind there is a torturous battle between the ears.
I am an overcomer...by His Grace. ☺

Haha..A good example is after 11 days I found my misplaced bank pouch with thousands of dollars in it yesterday...yet, there was not one moment of being upset
all those days..when I found it...there wasn't the slightest rise in me . Amen!
I was as content while it was missing as when I found it.
And isn' that a measuring stick for our own spiritual advancement...peace...
under all sorts of situations.
yes, I do understand the above, but neither give place to the devil. Amen!

Blessed15

Dec 17, 2017
Harare
Faith
Christian
Country
Zimbabwe
This is a very useful and practical verse in many situations- for example, facing temptation, when you are about to curse someone for hijacking your parking, boss getting on your nerves again, thinking that my achievements are due to cleverness(taking God out the picture).... etc etc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2 Corinthians 10:5

I used to try and make this work. Bringing my thoughts into captivity ..
It was hard...I'd be okay for a while..then start worrying over the same thing again. I was trying to be 'obedient'.
Then someone said to me..."to the obedience of CHRIST.."

Then I realized- " I can't make my thoughts obey me...but I can look to the Lord and praise Him that He was obedient 'for me'.
So after that..when I got worrying or fretting about something...I would not try to stop my thoughts running away with me...but I praise the Lord for all He has done...and focus on Him, not my problems ..then my 'stuff' no longer matters.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to try and make this work. Bringing my thoughts into captivity ..
It was hard...I'd be okay for a while..then start worrying over the same thing again. I was trying to be 'obedient'.
Then someone said to me..."to the obedience of CHRIST.."

Then I realized- " I can't make my thoughts obey me...but I can look to the Lord and praise Him that He was obedient 'for me'.
So after that..when I got worrying or fretting about something...I would not try to stop my thoughts running away with me...but I praise the Lord for all He has done...and focus on Him, not my problems ..then my 'stuff' no longer matters.
You are headed in the wright direction, the only thing I can see is that we are keeping his commandments each day of the weekly cycle.

"If you love Me, you will keep My commands. John 14:15

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. John 15:7

Reactions: Miss Hepburn