Catholic church wants to pray to Allah!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

watt

Jun 21, 2008
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRITHERE I AM AGAIN TO SHARE THE TRUTH OF GOD LOVE(gareth;51144)
but, What About The Arab Christians Who Use The Word "allah" In Services. Or Read "allah" On The Pages Of Their Arabic Bible? Are You Claiming These Are Heretics?
please...dont Use Flesh When We Talk About God And His Kingdom.No Way We Will Find The Truth.If God That You Know, Only able to speak Your Language... Then He Is Not Powerful God. He Cannot Understand Others Language... Then He Is Not God.Remember That God Is Love...He Want All Of Us, Who Believe And Follow All His Commandment To Receive The Holy Spirit, The Gift Of Tongue's And With That Gift We Can Proclaim The Good News To The Whole World.May God Forgive All Our Sin.AmenFrom Watt

Sir Knight

Jan 3, 2008
... that people of all faiths refer to God as Allah ...
All faiths ... Yes. All languages ... NO! Christians who speak Arabic say "Allah" all the time in reference to God and their Bibles say "Allah" as well. So this is a language issue, not solely a religious issue. Arabic was around before Islam, so Muslims do not have ownership over the word 'allah'. If a Christian is speaking Arabic then they SHOULD use "Allah" with no problem. If speaking French, "Deu" and not "Allah". If they are conversing or praying aloud in Spanish, "Dios" is just fine (Though sometimes "Senior" is used for "Lord") and "Allah" is not. In English, "God" is suitable, or "Lord"; "Allah" should never be used. Christians who do not speak Arabic should NOT be advised to use the word 'Allah' in some sort of whacky ecumenism. If this is what the Bishop is suggesting, then that is one big step toward total apostasy and he should be removed by the Pope.

Sir Knight

Jan 3, 2008
(bullfighter;54278)
crosses, rocks,beads ,mary...why do you think they took the 2nd out of there caticizem
And yet, we still have ten. How is that? If you have ten and we have ten and we removed #2, how do we still have ten? Shouldn't we have nine? 10-1=9 Which of our ten doesn't belong?

yaqub

Sep 7, 2007
(Sir Knight;54620)
All faiths ... Yes. All languages ... NO! Christians who speak Arabic say "Allah" all the time in reference to God and their Bibles say "Allah" as well. So this is a language issue, not solely a religious issue. Arabic was around before Islam, so Muslims do not have ownership over the word 'allah'. If a Christian is speaking Arabic then they SHOULD use "Allah" with no problem. If speaking French, "Deu" and not "Allah". If they are conversing or praying aloud in Spanish, "Dios" is just fine (Though sometimes "Senior" is used for "Lord") and "Allah" is not. In English, "God" is suitable, or "Lord"; "Allah" should never be used. Christians who do not speak Arabic should NOT be advised to use the word 'Allah' in some sort of whacky ecumenism. If this is what the Bishop is suggesting, then that is one big step toward total apostasy and he should be removed by the Pope.
Very well said. Indeed, telling everyone to use Allah, when you are not an Arabic speaking person or a Muslim, smacks of Islamisation. God is a God of all languages, so one can any title for Him, and He will understand.On the other hand, the God of the Bible has a personal name in Hebrew, and it is YHWH. Read what the Bible says about this name.Since Muslims believe that they worship the same God as the Jews and the Christians, Muslims should start calling God YHWH.

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(Sir Knight;54623)
And yet, we still have ten. How is that? If you have ten and we have ten and we removed #2, how do we still have ten? Shouldn't we have nine? 10-1=9 Which of our ten doesn't belong?
Without checking I think there are actually 12 commandments rather than 10. We get down to 10 by conflating some of them. Just happens that most protestants (not all) conflate them slightly differently to Catholics.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(crooner;33639)
"A proposal by a Roman Catholic bishop in the Netherlands that people of all faiths refer to God as "Allah" is not sitting well with the Catholic community.snip...FOXNews.com's Melissa Drosjack and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Catholics calling God "Allah" to appease non-catholics.That by itself just sounds wrong. What if Christians referred to the bible as "fictitious literature" to appease atheist,what if Christians referred to Jesus as just a prophet to appease muslims and any other group that thinks Jesus was nothing more than a prophet?

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(jamesrage;54795)
Catholics calling God "Allah" to appease non-catholics.That by itself just sounds wrong. What if Christians referred to the bible as "fictitious literature" to appease atheist,what if Christians referred to Jesus as just a prophet to appease muslims and any other group that thinks Jesus was nothing more than a prophet?
One retiring Catholic bishop makes this suggestion and you accuse Catholics of calling God "Allah" to appease non-catholics (like yourself perhaps?)Have you any evidence that any Catholic apart from this one bishop has made this suggestion?Any evidence that any official of the Catholic Church supports this bishop?

watt

Jun 21, 2008
In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(jamesrage;54795)
catholics Calling God "allah" To Appease Non-catholics.that By Itself Just Sounds Wrong. What If Christians Referred To The Bible As "fictitious Literature" To Appease Atheist,what If Christians Referred To Jesus As Just A Prophet To Appease Muslims And Any Other Group That Thinks Jesus Was Nothing More Than A Prophet?
Please...dont Used Flesh.God Is Love...jesus Die For All Of Us Because He Want Us To Have His Mind, His Loving Kindness, His Wisdom, His Eternal Life And He Want Us To Share His Glory....Everything That Jesus Want Us To Do Is To Good Not Evil.Now... As A Living Human Being If We Belong To Jesus And With The Help Of The Holy Spirit, We Will Act For The For "good" And The For "evil".Most Of Us Think That The Evil Is Somewhere Out There...we Are Totally Wrong. The Evil Is Within Our Self. And The Worst Things That We As Christian Did Not Know What Is Evil And What Is Good....why??Because We Dont Have The Holy Spirit...many Will Say When You Believe In Jesus, You Will Receive The Holy Spirit....no Way!!Talk About Believe...it Not Verbally...but Do It And Follow All What Jesus Commanded Us To Do...then Only The Word "believe" Is Fulfill Within Us.Talk About Language... For God So Love The World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son And Who Ever Belive In Him May Not Lost But Have Eternal Life.See!! God So Love The World. Mean That God Love All The People Of This World...no Matter What Race Or Tribe Or Language Are You.. God Will Love You. He Know Your Language (as He Reveled It To The Apostles During The Pentecost)...This Is God Will...so Please Dont Stop "The Will Of God"God Want His Kingdom To Be Here On Earth...not Only At One Particular Area But For The Whole World.May God Forgive All Our Sin.AmenFrom Watt

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(winsome;54799)
One retiring Catholic bishop makes this suggestion and you accuse Catholics of calling God "Allah" to appease non-catholics (like yourself perhaps?)
That Bishop is not trying to appease christians by calling God Allah he is trying to appease muslims and their apostates.
Have you any evidence that any Catholic apart from this one bishop has made this suggestion?Any evidence that any official of the Catholic Church supports this bishop?
All it takes is one if he has a corrupt flock that will follow.A lot of catholics could care less what the Catholic church does or does not support.Some of our most liberal pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage and pro-homosexual politicians are catholic.Europe is infested with insane leftist political correctness.

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(jamesrage;54830)
That Bishop is not trying to appease christians by calling God Allah he is trying to appease muslims and their apostates.
Well you made the statement that he was doing it to appease non-catholics.(jamesrage;54830)
All it takes is one if he has a corrupt flock that will follow.
A retiring Bishop does not have a flock. He is retiring.(jamesrage;54830)
A lot of catholics could care less what the Catholic church does or does not support.Some of our most liberal pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage and pro-homosexual politicians are catholic.Europe is infested with insane leftist political correctness.
That's a very sweeping and unfair statement. Catholic politicians - liberal or traditionalist - are not officials of the Catholic Church.

watt

Jun 21, 2008
In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy SpiritHere I Am Again To Share The Truth Of God Love(faithful;33872)
is Someone Purposely Coming Up With These Absolutely Pea Brain Ideas.The Catholic Church Would Only Serve To Prove Themselves False In The Truth Of Christ To Even Think Such A Thing Possible.The Usa Had England With Their Benefits And Ways Implemented And We Know The Banks Own All Countries And Now People Can Only Have Their Wages Paid In To Accounts In England Including Benefits. They Are Stopping Cheque Payments In The Stores Also. Once They Control Your Money They Control Your Spending And Know Where You Are.And No One Is Doing A Thing About It. Even The Criminal System Is Being Shut Down, The One Element That Could Cause Them Problems Are Being Brought Into Line. The Fraud Thing Isn't To Keep Us Safe It Is To Keep Us Prisoners.The Same With The Drugs How Did You Think They Keep Getting Into Every Country. This Is About World Domination Not World Safety.Faith Should Now Be About Doing The Things God Has Planned Learning To See Through Spiritual Eyes And Not Flesh. For That Is Where The Believers Help Lies.Everything About You Can Be Found On The Goverments Data Basis.You Are No Longer Your Own Person With Your Private Rights.Faithful.
Dear My Friend...please Let The Holy Spirit Lead Us. Do Not Let Flesh Take Control Of Our Mind, Heart And Soul. Be Spiritual Person...first, Look For The Kingdom Of God And His Righteousness Then All Things Shall Be Added Unto You.Flesh Will Always Become A Good Judge..not Spiritually Judge, But Earthly Judge.This Is What Jesus Said :1- "do Not Judge, Or You Too Will Be Judged. 2- For The Same Way You Judge Others, You Will Be Judged, And The Measure You Use, It Will Be Measured To You. 3- "why Do You Look At The Speck Of Sawdust In You Brother's Eye And Pay No Attention To The Plank In Your Own Eye? 4- How Can You Say To Your Brother's, Let Me Take The Speck Out Of Your Eye When All The Time There Is Plank In Your Own Eye?5- You Hypocrite, First Take The Plank Out Of Your Own Eye, And Then You Will See Clearly To Remove The Speck From Your Brothers Eyes.God Is Love...Therefore We Should Love One Another As God Love Us First.May God Forgive All Our SinAmenFrom Watt

Hawkins

Jan 16, 2007
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
abomination 1 - the worship of another god, such as allah?abomination 2 - deceit, such as evolution?abomination 3 - adultery, such as gay marriage?added up together, the abomination which causes great loss of souls enters God's holy place - the Church.In the end, the following may thus be triggered (or may have already been triggered),'the abomination that causes desolation' standing where it does not belong

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Hawkins;59604)
abomination 1 - the worship of another god, such as allah?abomination 2 - deceit, such as evolution?abomination 3 - adultery, such as gay marriage?added up together, the abomination which causes great loss of souls enters God's holy place - the Church.In the end, the following may thus be triggered (or may have already been triggered),'the abomination that causes desolation' standing where it does not belong
The Catholic Church is not the only church that is in babel. And by the way, Catholic Church is not THE abomination that causeth desolation...Only one person, which is a fallen angel, his name is Satan. He is the Abomination of Desolation. (Desolater / Desolator)

Hawkins

Jan 16, 2007
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(Jordan;59605)
The Catholic Church is not the only church that is in babel. And by the way, Catholic Church is not THE abomination that causeth desolation...
So Catholic Church is part of the Church or not? If it is, then those abominations are already inside the church. And that you miss the point, my message never hinted remotely that the Catholic Church is the abomination causeth desolation.
Only one person, which is a fallen angel, his name is Satan. He is the Abomination of Desolation. (Desolater / Desolator)
Your statements contain no argument all all. Similarly, NO what you said here is wrong.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
see, events like this strongly lead me to believe that the Roman Catholic Church is indeed the Whore of Babylon mentioned in Revelation 17... they call themselves a Christian church, and yet they do these atrocious actions and lead millions of people astray.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Hawkins)
(Jordan;59605)
The Catholic Church is not the only church that is in babel. And by the way, Catholic Church is not THE abomination that causeth desolation...
So Catholic Church is part of the Church or not? If it is, then those abominations are already inside the church. And that you miss the point, my message never hinted remotely that the Catholic Church is the abomination causeth desolation.(Jordan;59605)
Only one person, which is a fallen angel, his name is Satan. He is the Abomination of Desolation. (Desolater / Desolator)
Your statements contain no argument all all. Similarly,NO what you said here is wrong.Actually, those words that was directing at me is bounce back to you. Actually what I said is completely documented in the scriptures, and so no, I am not wrong.(Super Kal;59617)
see, events like this strongly lead me to believe that the Roman Catholic Church is indeed the Whore of Babylon mentioned in Revelation 17... they call themselves a Christian church, and yet they do these atrocious actions and lead millions of people astray.
Kal, Roman Catholic Church is not the Whore of Babylon. It is although going to be absorbed by Satan like other denominations and other religions.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
let's just wait and see, jordan... if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.If I'm not, well... so be it.Revelation sure does describe the Roman Catholic Church to a "T" though... especially with the purple and scarlet, and being adorned with gold, stones and pearls... you look at the history of the Roman Catholic Church, and see how they incorporated paganism into it, i.e. the adoration of Mary, and the use of the cross, the fish, and IHS, and not to mention the worship of the wafer god, like they did in the times of ancient Babylon and King Nimrod... AND pope John Paul II holding that mass from people of all religions and saying that they were all praying to the same God, which is heresy... not to mention their stance with the pope being infallible, tradition being held equal with the Bible, Mass, Articulation of saints, blessing of bells, confessing to a priest, purgatory, penance, indulgences... I can go on and on...the fact is, there is nothing that can tell me otherwise that the RCC is not being described... BTW, I know this forum does not support the rapture doctrine, and that's good, but just to let you know, the basis of the doctrine came from a Jesuit named Emmanuel Lacunza... the same order that the Roman Catholic Church started.jordan, I encourage you to watch Dave Hunt's "A Woman Rides the Beast"... you can find it on youtube.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;59625)
let's just wait and see, jordan... if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.If I'm not, well... so be it.Revelation sure does describe the Roman Catholic Church to a "T" though... especially with the purple and scarlet, and being adorned with gold, stones and pearls... you look at the history of the Roman Catholic Church, and see how they incorporated paganism into it, i.e. the adoration of Mary, and the use of the cross, the fish, and IHS, and not to mention the worship of the wafer god, like they did in the times of ancient Babylon and King Nimrod... AND pope John Paul II holding that mass from people of all religions and saying that they were all praying to the same God, which is heresy... not to mention their stance with the pope being infallible, tradition being held equal with the Bible, Mass, Articulation of saints, blessing of bells, confessing to a priest, purgatory, penance, indulgences... I can go on and on...the fact is, there is nothing that can tell me otherwise that the RCC is not being described... BTW, I know this forum does not support the rapture doctrine, and that's good, but just to let you know, the basis of the doctrine came from a Jesuit named Emmanuel Lacunza... the same order that the Roman Catholic Church started.
Well, I heard from a few people on this forum (CB) and a couple others (on a different forum, but I don't go there anymore) that the Rapture doctrine was made from an insane teenage american woman from the 1800's. And also said it was / is evil.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
check your pm box, jordan
smile.gif
didn't want to get off topic
ohmy.gif