Ceasefire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
My God is the author and giver of peace,
whose image and likeness each of us has been created with a human dignity worthy of respect on earth and destined for eternal glory,

May he to the cry that rises from every corner of this fragile land. Our human family is torn by violent conflict:

We want that peace which his son Jesus Christ told us and as we have experienced in these days, a peace which the world cannot give.

May he grant world leaders the wisdom to see beyond the boundaries of race, religion, and language. Humanity makes us all children and brothers and sisters to one another.

I pray for those who have taken up arms in anger or revenge or even in the cause of justice. May he grant the grace of conversion to the path of peaceful dialogue and constructive collaboration as canada propose
And to those who have already lost their lives as victims of human cruelty and chemical warfare may he open wide his arms and enfold them all in the embrace of his compassion, healing, and everlasting life.
May the lord help us to preach peace, build peace, live peace.May he call us to consider the state of our hearts as we seek to exhibit loving kindness.
We pray for a ceasefire of abuse and violence of any form. May he give us voices when others are silent when abuse happens. May God, make us a people who preach peace, build peace,live peace.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the most beautiful prayers in the Spirit of supplication I have ever heard. I am in full agreement with this prayer.

Reactions: Heart2Soul and Adam

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whose image and likeness each of us has been created with a human dignity worthy of respect on earth and destined for eternal glory,

May he to the cry that rises from every corner of this fragile land. Our human family is torn by violent conflict:

We want that peace which his son Jesus Christ told us and as we have experienced in these days, a peace which the world cannot give.

May he grant world leaders the wisdom to see beyond the boundaries of race, religion, and language. Humanity makes us all children and brothers and sisters to one another.

I pray for those who have taken up arms in anger or revenge or even in the cause of justice. May he grant the grace of conversion to the path of peaceful dialogue and constructive collaboration as canada propose
And to those who have already lost their lives as victims of human cruelty and chemical warfare may he open wide his arms and enfold them all in the embrace of his compassion, healing, and everlasting life.
May the lord help us to preach peace, build peace, live peace.May he call us to consider the state of our hearts as we seek to exhibit loving kindness.
We pray for a ceasefire of abuse and violence of any form. May he give us voices when others are silent when abuse happens. May God, make us a people who preach peace, build peace,live peace.
Amen!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

What a beautiful prayer! Amen!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've been praying for Ukraine for a while. I'm not sure why leaders of countries feel they have the right to kill and maim people violently for border issues and dictatorship. It's my personal belief that most leaders are partially insane.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Angelina’s post at the top of the prayer thread:
This forum is for prayer only. It is not a debate forum. Discussions are acceptable but only within the context of the prayer thread. Moderation may be required at the discretion of the team. (moderators)

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Many are feeding fat from our suffering. We have been left to wallow and die in hardship. I really do imagine what will happen to me if the crisis should end today. I think we have no future. Our villages has been raze by fire, we have been beaten, our bone broken. Our girls rape. We have been send to the street. We have to go for days without food and water. Our children not schooling for 6 years. No gathering (church service, market, school, court sessions etc) for 6 years.

The world have been silence. International communities have close their eyes on us. Our lives mean nothing. Recently Switzerland proposed to mediate dialogue but it failed. Canada did but was turn down.

Government officials moves in Amour Cars and with tens to hundred of security guards but tu us, no home, no security, no food, no clothes, s school etc

• Sad

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In January 20, 2023 - Ottawa, Ontario - Global Affairs Canada
The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Foreign Affairs, issued the following statement on the announcement of a peace process aimed at resolving the ongoing crisis in Cameroon:
“Civilians are bearing the brunt of the ongoing crisis in Cameroon, with more than 6,000 people having lost their lives since 2017. In addition, nearly 800,000 people have been displaced as a result of this crisis, and 600,000 children do not have full access to education.
“Canada welcomes the agreement by the parties to enter a process to reach a comprehensive, peaceful and political resolution of the conflict. The parties have also agreed to form technical committees to begin work on confidence-building measures.
“The agreement to enter a formal process is a critical first step toward peace and a safer, more inclusive and prosperous future for civilians affected by the conflict.
“We commend all parties for engaging in substantive dialogue. We encourage all stakeholders to support and work with the parties to advance and contribute to an inclusive process to reach a lasting and sustainable political settlement.
“Canada has accepted the mandate to facilitate this process, as part of our commitment to promote peace and security and advance support for democracy and human rights. Our role also reflects Canada’s engagement to work with our African partners to build a better future for everyone.
“The parties to this agreement are the Republic of Cameroon, the Ambazonia Governing Council and the Ambazonia Defence Force, the African People’s Liberation Movement and the Southern Cameroons Defence Force, the Interim Government, and the Ambazonia Coalition Team. The parties further express the hope that other groups will join the process.’’

Contacts​

Adrien Blanchard
Press Secretary
Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs

Media Relations Office
Global Affairs Canada

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Sorry, didn't know it was so bad over there. May God bring you thru this problem.

I had a manager for a company I worked for that came over on a boat from Vietnam during the war era. He told me survival stories about that which seemed extreme to me as well.

Praying for you and your country.

Last edited by a moderator:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many are feeding fat from our suffering. We have been left to wallow and die in hardship. I really do imagine what will happen to me if the crisis should end today. I think we have no future. Our villages has been raze by fire, we have been beaten, our bone broken. Our girls rape. We have been send to the street. We have to go for days without food and water. Our children not schooling for 6 years. No gathering (church service, market, school, court sessions etc) for 6 years.

The world have been silence. International communities have close their eyes on us. Our lives mean nothing. Recently Switzerland proposed to mediate dialogue but it failed. Canada did but was turn down.

Government officials moves in Amour Cars and with tens to hundred of security guards but tu us, no home, no security, no food, no clothes, s school etc
Plavius, my heart is breaking for you. This is not a situation that our news channels in the US even really report so I was not aware of it. I have prayed for you and I will continue in it. I will not forget to keep remembering you to God. My own country has been headed in a pretty violent direction for a few years but it’s not anywhere near as bad here yet. I do see a deterioration of societal manners and economic hardships occurring worldwide when I look up youtube videos on the situations of different countries.
Do not stop trusting God, brother. Even when it looks bleak and we don’t understand, He is working. He still answers prayers of faith.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon

This is how it all started. This was just the beginning of the pains and suffering we bear today. This will better orientate you to pray for us

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plavius, I wanted to ask if that is your baby in your picture and how old? I forgot to ask.

And I want to possibly give you some strength to help you not faint in your trust of God in this long trial you’ve been going through. So I want to remind you of one of the ways He has cared and provided for someone who did not faint in their trust when they needed temporal help.

When God determined a very Long drought (was it three years? It’s in 1 kings) He kept the woman and her son alive through it in the miracle of the jars of oil and flour not running out.
When the woman met the prophet, she had resigned herself to making one last bread from what she had for she and her son. She told the prophet, and after that we will die because there is no more to eat because of the long drought and famine.

But because she listened to the prophet, knowing he was a man who God spoke through, not only did they not starve, but her son was brought back to life later also.

You are alive in a time when there has been a drought of hearing God, which leads to greatly diminished trust, which leads to few men having Gods Spirit in or upon them. And remember the place Jesus went to where it says, He could not do many miracles there because of their lack of trust?
And I know it is not easy to keep firmly trusting in a hard trial when all around you, you cannot find a helper to aid in building your trust when you feel weak and need strengthening. But if you are somewhere that you cannot find even one or two genuine trusters of God, then He Himself will strengthen you when you ask.

Keep the trust, Plavius. Without it, there can not be many miracles in an area.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying big is good. But we also have to be faithful (faithfully remain in trust) in small things too, like what He will give us to eat for the day.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Plavius, I wanted to ask if that is your baby in your picture and how old? I forgot to ask.

And I want to possibly give you some strength to help you not faint in your trust of God in this long trial you’ve been going through. So I want to remind you of one of the ways He has cared and provided for someone who did not faint in their trust when they needed temporal help.

When God determined a very Long drought (was it three years? It’s in 1 kings) He kept the woman and her son alive through it in the miracle of the jars of oil and flour not running out.
When the woman met the prophet, she had resigned herself to making one last bread from what she had for she and her son. She told the prophet, and after that we will die because there is no more to eat because of the long drought and famine.

But because she listened to the prophet, knowing he was a man who God spoke through, not only did they not starve, but her son was brought back to life later also.

You are alive in a time when there has been a drought of hearing God, which leads to greatly diminished trust, which leads to few men having Gods Spirit in or upon them. And remember the place Jesus went to where it says, He could not do many miracles there because of their lack of trust?
And I know it is not easy to keep firmly trusting in a hard trial when all around you, you cannot find a helper to aid in building your trust when you feel weak and need strengthening. But if you are somewhere that you cannot find even one or two genuine trusters of God, then He Himself will strengthen you when you ask.

Keep the trust, Plavius. Without it, there can not be many miracles in an area.
Thank you for such an uplifting story. He is not my son. I estimate him to be about 4 or 5 years. He lost track of his parents and have been with me for days. He is already becoming more comfortable with me and not crying anymore. Maybe the parents die or could he just be missing but I pray we cross path someday so he can reunite with his family.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for such an uplifting story.
The world looks at the retellings of the miracles in the Bible as uplifting stories. We who seek after Him and learn to trust without wavering, we discover they really happen. :)
He is not my son. I estimate him to be about 4 or 5 years. He lost track of his parents and have been with me for days. He is already becoming more comfortable with me and not crying anymore. Maybe the parents die or could he just be missing but I pray we cross path someday so he can reunite with his family.
I am thankful God put him in your care.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible have thought me that trials are the soil in which faith flourishes
It’s so strange how it works though, isn’t it? We spend so much time worrying about temporal things and circumstances, struggling to trust firmly rather than weakly, and it seems to us that if He would just do this or that then we would trust firmer, but it doesn’t work the way we think it should. We must instead trust FIRST.
It seems to us that God works in a backward manner and He should do it the other way around. I spent about 15 years struggling with that before I gave up and trusted. And sometimes now I wonder to myself, why was I so stubborn for so long with God??

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
It’s so strange how it works though, isn’t it? We spend so much time worrying about temporal things and circumstances, struggling to trust firmly rather than weakly, and it seems to us that if He would just do this or that then we would trust firmer, but it doesn’t work the way we think it should. We must instead trust FIRST.
It seems to us that God works in a backward manner and He should do it the other way around. I spent about 15 years struggling with that before I gave up and trusted. And sometimes now I wonder to myself, why was I so stubborn for so long with God??
I love Isaiah 43:2, When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.