CENSORING---SILENCING---

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though Abraham may not be designated by the term Christian, he did believe in Messiah, in fact, spoke with Him and shared a cuppa with Him under a tree while admiring the scenery of the valley of Sodom.

Pretty simple to understand, isn't it? A good read of the Old Testament, and taking it seriously . . . is very helpful. :)

Reactions: Brakelite

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg of you to start reading your Bible before you correct us. :)

John 8:58 NLT - "Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I AM!"
LOL you are confusing Jesus and Abraham. You appear not to be able to comprehend that Abraham lived thousands of years before Jesus was born and as such they never spoke, but that Jesus could speak of Abraham

So get your chronology straight

Please

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You appear not to be able to comprehend that Abraham lived thousands of years before Jesus was born and as such they never spoke

The Fact is the Word of God, has numerous names, titles, descriptions established By God Himself.
As the names, titles, descriptions become "revealed", they stand as Fact there "forward."

•Gods Word is without Beginning.
•Gods Word "comes" forth out from Gods Mouth.
•Gods Word "came" fourth out from Gods
Mouth; long Before the very first KIND of thing called "man" was Created.

No Earthly man pre-Existed the Word of God.
And yes, face to face, the Word of God appeared as a man and Blessed Abraham.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right!
Remember when Nancy had all "her congregates" attend her "temple" wearing white suits?

:rolleyes:

Well if we who name the name of Jesus believe the bible, then we know we are in the end times and that America will be just one of all the gentile nations that will cede itself to the Antichrist!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if we who name the name of Jesus believe the bible, then we know we are in the end times and that America will be just one of all the gentile nations that will cede itself to the Antichrist!

DIVISION is good. It's a handy way to know who is with you and who is against you.

Absolutely, Evil and Wickedness shall have its little squatting time to RULE the World.

Inasmuch as man can know his friend or enemy...so also does DIVISION establish who is with God and who is against God....and His Separation of the Divided (with Him / against Him) shall prevail.

It is "Observing" the Evil and Wickedness on steroids that is a man in Christ's Anger...
inasmuch as Scripture reveals it also is Gods Anger.

Patience.
God is in Control. His Timeframe to Act.

Glory to God,
Taken

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Fact is the Word of God, has numerous names, titles, descriptions established By God Himself.
As the names, titles, descriptions become "revealed", they stand as Fact there "forward."

•Gods Word is without Beginning.
•Gods Word "comes" forth out from Gods Mouth.
•Gods Word "came" fourth out from Gods
Mouth; long Before the very first KIND of thing called "man" was Created.

No Earthly man pre-Existed the Word of God.
And yes, face to face, the Word of God appeared as a man and Blessed Abraham.
So words are men.

If you say so

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ Alvertsky
There has to be a limit to which the vast majority of Christian members of CB can share our faith with someone who both doesn't, and will not, read or grant any degree of credulity to, the Bible.
But I will just venture another response to your deaf ears regarding the position of Abraham in the realm of faith, as understood by Bible reading members.
At the end of Hebrews 11 we read that all those listed in the chapter (including Abraham) "having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."
The correlation of which surely can be read to say that all those listed "having obtained a good report through faith, received the promise:
God having provided some better thing, that they
with us should be made perfect.".
Add on the first two verses of Chapter 12,
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
and Q.E.D.
Sometimes, Mike, we try... But... Will the ears hear? Will the heart understand? Will the man believe? God does know!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL you are confusing Jesus and Abraham. You appear not to be able to comprehend that Abraham lived thousands of years before Jesus was born and as such they never spoke, but that Jesus could speak of Abraham

So get your chronology straight

Please
What is time to God?

"Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world." John 17:24

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:" Eph 1:4

"For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world." Heb 4:3

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." Rev 13:8

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So words are men.

If you say so

Actually A MAN and HIS WORD is THAT MAN, and OUT from man comes forth his word, while his word remains in him.

John 1:
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth...

Gen 1:
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...

Reactions: amadeus

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DIVISION is good. It's a handy way to know who is with you and who is against you.

Absolutely, Evil and Wickedness shall have its little squatting time to RULE the World.

Inasmuch as man can know his friend or enemy...so also does DIVISION establish who is with God and who is against God....and His Separation of the Divided (with Him / against Him) shall prevail.

It is "Observing" the Evil and Wickedness on steroids that is a man in Christ's Anger...
inasmuch as Scripture reveals it also is Gods Anger.

Patience.
God is in Control. His Timeframe to Act.

Glory to God,
Taken
Are people who can complete 100 mile bike rides evil?

I could also use some help in knowing where steroids are mentioned in the bible?

PS. Thanks for the complement by the way.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are people who can complete 100 mile bike rides evil?

LOL- :D

I could also use some help in knowing where steroids are mentioned in the bible?

I didn't quote a Scripture containing the word steroid, so no I can't help you there.

I do believe: knowledge has increased in these last days, and Day by Day knowledge is increased Quicker.

ON steroids is a fairly common expression for a quick result to increase power.

Dan 12:
[4] But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Heb 1:
[2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sense in me continuing in this one-sided conversation. Have a good day, and may the Lord grant you the most amazing of Blessings and Promises!
The Lord does not promise, he delivers, promises are for those who do not yet have the power to give

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read the Bible?
Oddly enough neither the Catholic church or the two Catholic schools that I attended required bible reading. I know that the typical Baptist would consider this heresy, but in Catholic schools you are required to learn and memorize so reading the same book over and over is discouraged

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious . . . what kind of Bible are you reading? Sorry mate, but you aren't makin' much sense! :)
Oddly enough neither the Catholic church or the two Catholic schools that I attended required bible reading. I know that the typical Baptist would consider this heresy, but in Catholic schools you are required to learn and memorize so reading the same book over and over is discouraged

No need to change the truth.

Does God require that everyone think just like you?