Chain gang

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
CHAIN GANG by MickRight from our childhood we have rules and regulations laid on us by parents, teachers and society telling us to be good little boys and girls and play by the worlds rules in order to get a nice job, nice car, nice house, nice kids etc.That's fine of course for those who want it, but what about those who don't?No problem, the Bible fully supports anyone who wants to reject the petty ways of the world -Jesus said:- "The world wants you to dance to its tune" (Matthew 11:16-17)"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18 )"Don't conform to the pattern of this world" (Romans 12:2)"Don't love the world or the things in it,otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)"Set your mind on things above,not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)"A friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4)"You were dead when you followed the ways of the world" (Eph 2:1-2)Jesus said:- "Whatever is valued by men is detestable to God" (Luke 16:15)"Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:17-18 )"People heap abuse on you for not joining their ways" (1 Pet 4:4)Jesus's cousin John was a scruffy young unemployed hippy dropout living rough in the middle of nowhere eating wild food and dressed in near-rags, sometimes going in town to yell insults at the snooty priests and corrupt rulersJesus's verdict on him? -"John is the greatest man ever to be born" (Matthew 11:11)The rules that the world tries to put on people are like shackles that imprison us, which is why Jesus said "God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...to release the oppressed" (Luke 4:18 )In short, the world wants us to keep spending nights in the box, but Jesus says 'Bust out!"
the-box.jpg
Luke1.jpg
WADDYA SAY JOHNNY? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzVzJ21fHeU