Charismatic Witchcraft in the Church!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JonD

May 21, 2014
Australia
Hi Randor. Like a person who does not speak say Japanese, speak it and someone who is Japanese hear them speaking of the things of God in that language? I have heard the terms loosing and binding but it seems to me that those using the term have got it wrong. A search of scripture shows no reference to that which I often hear it being used for. Back in the times of Christ, around the time He was here, the term loosing and binding was for things that were either considered lawful or unlawful, allowed and not allowed. This is precisely the way Jesus meant that term, loosing and binding, to be understood. For some reason in modern times the real meaning has been lost and is now being used to enact some type of spiritual binding and loosing upon persons or demons. That type of thing is actually not what Jesus was saying. The modern usage of the term has no historical links and is only a modern day phenomena. A look at good commentaries such as those by Adam Clarke, John Gill or Mathew Henry will shed some light upon the true meaning of the terms. From the time of Christ up until somewhere in the 1900's the original meaning was understood and then after, only after, has the modern construct been erroneously placed upon it. There are free downloads of those commentaries available on E Sword for those interested in looking up the true original meaning of binding and loosing.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Angelina said:
My friend was thinking of leaving this Church because of the way these prayers were conducted. I agree with his discernment on this but persuaded him to stay and if the opportunity presented itself again, that he should pray according to the leading of the Spirit rather than the pressure of the group. Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe to be right - even if you are standing alone. Based on what he has said, the team did not need to use spiritual warfare techniques [binding and loosing] in a matter that only required intercession. [standing in the gap] :huh:

Shalom!!!
There's a great deal of abuse of power these days in so called deliverance ministries. Mostly they're a platform for opportunistic traveling con artists masquerading as shepherds of the flock. So what's really going on?

It's the same tired old story of folks who were once fervent Christians sold out to the Lord who were softened by the world and the desires of the flesh. Biblically it's the same as the Hebrews who, once delivered from the slavery of Egypt, longed and swore they wanted to go back.

Consequently those same traveling side show preachers will tell you the same story. Year after year they make the rounds of the sad churches in America. The possessed are 'delivered' by various prayers and a loud show of righteous appeals to heaven for freedom. Some seem to be freed, yet unknown to everyone they secretly dabble in sin once the show is over. The result is that they become 're-possessed' like a used car from an owner who didn't keep up payments. Next time the deliverance ministry shows up in town, guess who's in front of the line asking to be freed from possession once more? It's usually the same people over and over again. They aren't trying to grab attention so much as they're trying to obtain license to sin and it just isn't going to happen.

What is really going on is flirtation with sin, and there are few who will call it for what it is - dangerous behavior to the sinning Christian and to the church as a whole. God does not approve and truly it is written that judgment begins in the house of God. Many are sick and suffer who might not have done - because of their constant secret sins and flirtations with Egypt/the old way of life.

When a man gets saved, God doesn't fool around. The second birth is more, much more, than the acquisition of a church membership card. It is real and it is of God and being jealous God will NOT allow sin to grow. If the Christian does not cut it off, then God will cut him off instead. Many now sleep before their time who might still live upon the earth.

God loves righteousness above all and He will cause the Christian to pay for flirtation with sin. Righteousness must return to the church before the real power of religion will be seen again in America. It's not a game. Get off the fence and act like a Christian.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Witchcraft is a joke. God opposes it because it is wishful thinking garbage that leads nowhere. God wants us to be liberated from our ignorance.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Angelina said:
Charismatic Witchcraft in the Church

A friend of mine was very disturbed one night after joining in praying for a member of his music team who had just applied for a job. Their prayers included binding others from getting the job and enabling her to be successful. This type of prayer smacks of charismatic witchcraft as this may not be the job that God had in mind for her or the direction that he may want her to go. He was going to pray that this job position open or close according to God's will but felt so overwhelmed by the pressure of the group who really like this girl and wanted her to be successful in her application. He also felt uneasy as some members used the words "crush"

This situation bought to mind other types of prayer that I have noted around the net. Some believers have taken to prayer methodologies that may have worked in the past but most Christians using these techniques do not know what they are letting themselves in for nor have they asked God for fresh revelation or direction in prayer for themselves. They continue to rely on passed strategies that had worked at one time in a certain situation for a specific group of people. This type of methodology comes across more like a rote than "an effective prayer of a righteous man availeth much" type of praying.

I have also found that some using prayer methodologies "reverse curses." I have never in my time as a Charismatic/Pentecostal, ever believed that reversing curses is from God nor is it scriptural. As as matter of fact it is the extreme opposite of what the bible says;
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Romans 12

any thoughts? :huh:
That is simply crazy to pray that way ... the power of God to bring the job to pass is more than enough to get it done ... why we as Charismatic/Pentecostals
though I prefer the term - full gospel - seem to think God is weak, is beyond me.
Faith is the answer ... as all things are possible for those who believe.
I sometimes wonder if we've got more faith in the devil messing things up than in God who makes things work.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a good point Enquire - As I've mentioned before, many Christians talk about the Devil more than God - almost as if they know him personally. When in fact, the Devil is little more than a bad example for us - a toothless lion.