Christ came for ALL people

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saw this on the Bible app today and wanted to share with everything going on.

1619369783945.png

Let the world act as it wants, but there is no room for division in the body of Christ.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1619369783945.png

Let the world act as it wants, but there is no room for division in the body of Christ.
What do you think paul meant when he said let there be no divisions .

Was he speaking about unity for the sake of unity and overlooking truth for the sake of unity ............NO .
Paul was speaking of divisions that are contrary to SOUND DOCTRINE , to what we have learned .
Fact is , he said mark those who cause such divisions which are CONTRARY to the doctrine you have learned
and AVOID them . That just seriously PUNTED this all inclusive unity and its ball , right out of the stadium .
Unity for the sake of unity , is the death that leadeth and will lead all right to the unequally yoking
which has caused many and will cause many more to simply fall away .
LET there be no divisions may as well say LET There be NO FALSE DOCTRINE .
I know they lie to us a lot . They speak of this love and this unity , BUT ITS NEITHER .
why do we think the seeker friendly churches fell so fast . Cause they were gathering
with just anyone and not correcting them and thus , the leaven filled the place and many began accepting even sin .
This too will work with this unity with other religions as well .
More and more are have already been yoked , FOR UNITY with other religoins
And guess what over fifty percent of even evangelicals now beleive . THAT GOD is fine with all religions as long as they love .
I am telling us this unequally yoked unity is not gonna work , its gonna destroy what is even left of the churches .
And a new universal religoin and mindset will emerge , just as it already is in places . We are in dire trouble sister .
We must buckle down and learn our bibles well and contend for the true faith and correct all error if it is spotted .
IF any brethren is a fornicator , praying to saints to mary , is covetous , is etc , We are told
to not even eat with such . That dont sound like unity for the sake of unity .
Our unity is THE BIBLICAL JESUS CHRIST . And our pattern must mirror HIS and the apostels .
Many are not gonna make it sister . My heart is heavily burdened as i watch many going from bad to worse under such
a well devised plan of such a fake false unity and a false love . Armour up one and all , we make our final stand now
and thus we must follow the teachings of Christ , His pattern , the aposetls pattern . Or churches and any who does not
are not gonna make it .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Was he speaking about unity for the sake of unity and overlooking truth for the sake of unity ............NO .
Paul was speaking of divisions that are contrary to SOUND DOCTRINE , to what we have learned .
Fact is , he said mark those who cause such divisions which are CONTRARY to the doctrine you have learned
and AVOID them . That just seriously PUNTED this all inclusive unity and its ball , right out of the stadium .
Unity for the sake of unity , is the death that leadeth and will lead all right to the unequally yoking
which has caused many and will cause many more to simply fall away .
LET there be no divisions may as well say LET There be NO FALSE DOCTRINE .
I know they lie to us a lot . They speak of this love and this unity , BUT ITS NEITHER .
why do we think the seeker friendly churches fell so fast . Cause they were gathering
with just anyone and not correcting them and thus , the leaven filled the place and many began accepting even sin .
This too will work with this unity with other religions as well .
More and more are have already been yoked , FOR UNITY with other religoins
And guess what over fifty percent of even evangelicals now beleive . THAT GOD is fine with all religions as long as they love .
I am telling us this unequally yoked unity is not gonna work , its gonna destroy what is even left of the churches .
And a new universal religoin and mindset will emerge , just as it already is in places . We are in dire trouble sister .
We must buckle down and learn our bibles well and contend for the true faith and correct all error if it is spotted .
IF any brethren is a fornicator , praying to saints to mary , is covetous , is etc , We are told
to not even eat with such . That dont sound like unity for the sake of unity .
Our unity is THE BIBLICAL JESUS CHRIST . And our pattern must mirror HIS and the apostels .
Many are not gonna make it sister . My heart is heavily burdened as i watch many going from bad to worse under such
a well devised plan of such a fake false unity and a false love . Armour up one and all , we make our final stand now
and thus we must follow the teachings of Christ , His pattern , the aposetls pattern . Or churches and any who does not
are not gonna make it .
Yes, I understand what Paul was speaking about, but I wasn't quoting scripture. At least not intentionally, but I see that the intention in the media is clearly to cause up division between all people - even the unbelievers. If our country can't stand together because we oppose one another, we are powerless.

We as Christians should know better and well-enough to keep it from out of our churches.

But I agree with you!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I understand what Paul was speaking about, but I wasn't quoting scripture. At least not intentionally, but I see that the intention in the media is clearly to cause up division between all people - even the unbelievers. If our country can't stand together because we oppose one another, we are powerless.

We as Christians should know better and well-enough to keep it from out of our churches.

But I agree with you!
Its exactly why i dont bring politics into the church . Yep . The church outta focus on Christ , On the KINDOM of heaven .
Winning souls and building one another up with sound doctrine .
They can keep this world . Our mission is to win souls to the Kingdom and keep exhorting one another daily with
the things JESUS taught and the apostels taught .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is true that Christ came for all people and He died for all mankind. It is also true that relatively few will believe on Him. That is the difference between the narrow gate and the narrow way vs the wide gate and the broad way. It is interesting that New York city has a street called Broadway.

As to divisions, they already exist in Christendom, so that is a given. However, within a local church there should be no divisions, since all are supposed to be like-minded.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its exactly why i dont bring politics into the church . Yep . The church outta focus on Christ , On the KINDOM of heaven .
Winning souls and building one another up with sound doctrine .
They can keep this world . Our mission is to win souls to the Kingdom and keep exhorting one another daily with
the things JESUS taught and the apostels taught .
To quote KB's song New Portrait...
"Christ of America, Christ of the system
That is not my Savior, that's a politician..."

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true that Christ came for all people and He died for all mankind. It is also true that relatively few will believe on Him. That is the difference between the narrow gate and the narrow way vs the wide gate and the broad way. It is interesting that New York city has a street called Broadway.

As to divisions, they already exist in Christendom, so that is a given. However, within a local church there should be no divisions, since all are supposed to be like-minded.
There are always going to be some minor disagreements between Christians and denominations and that just isn't going to change, but I believe that doesn't need to take away from loving one another.

Interesting point on the Broadway thing. Never thought of that... Nice call.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It most certainly is true that Christ did come for all people; the mystery about Him finally made known to all people, for dying for all them paying for the entire worlds (population) sin. That if anyone turn towards the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ can freely have a relationship with them. Thankfully because of what Jesus Christ did for the entire world, by overcoming and having victory over the world, sin, death, grave, and Satan. Just also improvises that what Jesus Christ came to do was fore most for the glory of God, and love towards Him and for the love of all of us who were ungodly.

Such a great reason to give praise to the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ for what they have been able to do. God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. So that anyone who turned towards the Father, and towards the Lord Jesus Christ could become spiritually awaken and allow Christ Jesus's spirit/Holy spirit to live with-in them.

All a choice. Twenty six years did it take to make the right choice -> turning towards God and even though a lot of up and downs, God, and the Lord Jesus Christ being there does really help in this life knowing they love you, care for you, and desire for you to be tooken care of by them even though the world may seem like it up against you, ~ To pray; to love, to be kind by the spirit, to pray for those who despise you, hate you, try to blame you though you might be doing things rightly by and through Christ Jesus in you making those actions happen that are right.

Keep trust, keep holding on to the Lord Jesus Christ, and keep having faith, and love ~ .

Reactions: DuckieLady

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, the message is for all,

But is not the born again to be distinguished from the merely interested, and shouldn't these be distinguished from antichristians?

We can point out people who are leading others astray and separate from them.

But of course it is for all races of people. I am suggesting that certain kinds of division are suggested, but other acts of division are contrary to truth and righteousness.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the message is for all,

But is not the born again to be distinguished from the merely interested, and shouldn't these be distinguished from antichristians?

We can point out people who are leading others astray and separate from them.

But of course it is for all races of people. I am suggesting that certain kinds of division are suggested, but other acts of division are contrary to truth and righteousness.
While judging outside of the church is left to God, the Bible does say clearly to "expel the wicked one from among you" inside of the church.

The fact that Paul was offering "spiritual milk" to some who were "not ready for solid food" tells me that the merely interested, as you put it, needs to be welcomed and given guidance.

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While judging outside of the church is left to God, the Bible does say clearly to "expel the wicked one from among you" inside of the church.

The fact that Paul was offering "spiritual milk" to some who were "not ready for solid food" tells me that the merely interested, as you put it, needs to be welcomed and given guidance.

Yes of course. Those who are born again should look to help those who are interested in being born again to achieve that state. Or at least, this is the task for some.

I've personally been sent to those who are already born again, but so far here I've been talking to anyone.

I think the overlap between what I think you were originally talking about, and what we've now discussed, is that some people will cast divisions that are unjust by claiming that the people they are expelling are wicked.

So we should be careful to discern by the eyes of truth, instead of ourselves being judgemental and behaving wickedly towards others and God.

A person may claim to be of God and condemn another, but in the process they may be asserting themselves as God, misconstruing things pertaining to God, diminishing the value of others, and going against truth.

So we must be careful to discern based on the inner character of a person.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes of course. Those who are born again should look to help those who are interested in being born again to achieve that state. Or at least, this is the task for some.

I've personally been sent to those who are already born again, but so far here I've been talking to anyone.

I think the overlap between what I think you were originally talking about, and what we've now discussed, is that some people will cast divisions that are unjust by claiming that the people they are expelling are wicked.

So we should be careful to discern by the eyes of truth, instead of ourselves being judgemental and behaving wickedly towards others and God.

A person may claim to be of God and condemn another, but in the process they may be asserting themselves as God, misconstruing things pertaining to God, diminishing the value of others, and going against truth.

So we must be careful to discern based on the inner character of a person.
Yes, a good reason for us to take personal responsibility with our spiritual walk and to study for ourselves and ask for discernment.

Just look at Westboro.
What a train wreck.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not get to deep but (Or talk that often sometimes); Christ most certainly came for all people.

Believe that as people who are believers in Christ are still responsible for themselves in how they may choose to live their life, either by the flesh or by the spirit of Christ with-in them.

It's a choice daily that has to be made ~ Also a reminder of how we will never be perfect in this flesh is a helpful reminder that anything that remotely is good that comes from us is of Yeshua Christ ~ is From God.

Because we as humans all fall short; and we are all imperfect; all in need of a Saviour

The only way to be born again and spiritually reawaken is to believe, have faith. Trust in the Gospel of Christ ~ Life, death, burial, resurrection : Learn and study.

It's difficult and it takes time to change and allowing the spiritual transformation allow life that comes from Jesus Christ to flow through you instead of ourselves and our fleshly ways. (Our flesh naturally hates -> anything pertaining to faith. - The spirit seeks after the things pertaining to faith.)

Everyone has a choice daily to either look towards the Father and the Son of God Jesus Christ give praise and thanks to them, or not.

It's a choice daily, and it is a difficult choice to make for many people unfortunately ; and that is because they do not hear or read scriptures like those who go and seek do; So those who are weak need to be encouraged to keep looking towards God, and seeking Christ Jesus.

Reactions: DuckieLady

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1619369783945.png

I have a red letter Christian friend that preaches love and never judgment nor division. I have to say that he is incorrect in his doctrine, and division is not necessarily a bad thing when it comes to Christianity. Division of evil from good, sinners from saints, hate from love, and division of light from darkness. God divided the light from the darkness and created division for us that we might live in the light:

Genesis 1:4

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

1 Corinthians 5:11

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Jesus came for all, but not all accept Him. I realize what you were trying to say about inclusion, for God is not a respecter of person, He accepts all. The land mine you stepped on ;) is our typical knee jerk reaction when we think someone is saying that everyone will be saved, which is not the case. #alllivesmatter

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1619369783945.png

haven’t read through the whole thread so someone may have already mentioned
1 Corinthians 1:10-13 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. [11] For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. [12] Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. [13] Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Is Christ divided? Makes me consider why the question and what was going on?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:10-13 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. [11] For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. [12] Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. [13] Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Is Christ divided-

I believe this asks the question is Christ divided against himself, so we see also where he says "A kingdom divided against himself can not stand."

The answer is no, we know that the way is narrow, and he does not go against what he says. The word of God does not change and the spirit of God itself is unchanging.

But if you were asking about going on at the time, it seems a lot of quarreling was going on and it needed structure.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul was speaking of divisions that are contrary to SOUND DOCTRINE , to what we have learned

to me it means separating the flesh from the Spirit. The division and contention of the flesh, not of the Spirit. Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Interesting is when Jesus Christ spoke the Pharisees asked “what doctrine is this”
that He speaks? Can you see their confusion, looking around asking “Who...what doctrine is this?” Isn’t this the carpenters son?? Then Christ said “the Doctrine is not mine but His who sent Me.” Was this Doctrine foreign to the Pharisees ...”sound doctrine”? 1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This this scripture in context is talking about those who were saying of who they were of

I am of Paul
I am of Apollos
I am of Cephas

Thinking about what Paul is saying ~ These people here at the Church of Corinthians ; are divided amongst each other because of their quarrels they are having. These same things can go on today, and notice that it is happening between believers in that day.

Does this still happen today? Of course it can, and it does ~ It very obvious sometimes when it comes to Forum sites dealing with people who are believers of Jesus Christ, and may have a different denomination with differing views, and

People still fight. Arguing scripture vs scripture out of context, and everything like this. This will never end. The only thing is to know what you are reading in context, and ask God for an understanding while pondering what is being said, and looking at the things written with-in the scriptures.

(As babes in Christ we will fight ~ if you mature your flesh will simmer down in living by the spirit ~ Allowing Christ to flow through you)

Please notice that these men/women again are believers ~ They are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ

A few scriptures back you can see what Paul says to these people:

5 For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— 6 God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. 7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. 8 He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

There is so much to just these few verses that has so much information with in it.

Either when the questions that Paul asks:
13 Is Christ divided? No, Christ is not divided Christ is Christ whom is the Son of God (Glory of God) the Power of God, and the Wisdom of God (1 Corinthians 1:24)

Was Paul crucified for you? No. Christ Jesus was crucified for you ~ Not others do not go on about the wisdom men are trying to teach yet rely instead on God and allow Him to teach you ~ Of course this take a bit of work. (reading scriptures and so forth)

Were you baptized in the name of Paul? No; As believers we are baptized by the holy spirit through the Lord Jesus Christ because of believing.

Hello, @VictoryinJesus

Because you quoted that scripture and it is something that have been going over in my mind all day so far felt compelled to expound on it. There is so much that could be said but thank you for taking time to mention it.

May God give the increase to each and everyone of you by the Power of God, and the Wisdom of God from the Son of God the Lord Jesus Christ <- Everything is tide and held together by the Lord Jesus Christ!!

(John 15 - Everything comes from Christ Jesus ~ If you abide in the vine ~ you are a branch that grows in Him if you strengthen the spirit with in by growing and learning in the knowledge of God and the Son of God)

Take care!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus