Christ Is The Only Life Of The Believer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the only life of the believer

All of Paul’s epistles are an uncompromising protest against any intrusion of the law or any phase of the law into the teaching of the Christ-life. It should be seen from Paul’s life that the simple knowing that Christ was in him by the birthing was not the whole of the truth.
The rest of the truth was locked in the fact that in Christ the believer has a oneness with Christ eternally formed and constantly growing as he learns Christ. The Apostle Paul lived a “Christ-life.”

The Christ in him and he were as one, with Christ swallowing him up and being able to come through him clearly as Paul. Paul definitely emphasizes the fact that this growth of union into Christ cannot be attained to or even understood as long as the mind is given to the idea that something the believer does makes him what God intended he be.

This comes not by the believer’s doing but by the believer’s knowing that the Christ in him is the “do-er” and is the keeper of the law, as well as the activator of the divine nature within the believer- container. It is only in this life that Christ and the believer become free to be God’s purpose in action in the world.
This oneness Paul had with Christ brought forth many glorious understandings which had been hidden previously by the law, and they cannot be made known until Christ becomes the life of the believer.

For instance, in Colossians 3:11,
Paul says in Christ “there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all."

By his coming to the knowledge of union, he shows that there is no longer any historical or previous doctrinal truth, like circumcision, that matters any longer because the Christ within has become all and is in all who are born again.

Reactions: Albert Finch

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This comes not by the believer’s doing but by the believer’s knowing that the Christ in him is the “do-er” and is the keeper of the law, as well as the activator of the divine nature within the believer- container. It is only in this life that Christ and the believer become free to be God’s purpose in action in the world

I am not sure I understand you.
Are you saying that we should seek to follow the leading of Jesus/holy Spirit in us and not bother with following rules and regulations?

Rules and regulation do not save us.
Rules and regulation do guide us. They tell us what behaviour God expects and what behaviour God does not expect.

God has given us the intellectual ability to work out how we should live, so his guidance is not about what colour socks I should wear, but to do with our obedience to him.

Jesus fulfilled the whole law, but he also did not do away with it, we may not be under the law for judgement, but it is still there as our guide for rightous living.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure I understand you.
Are you saying that we should seek to follow the leading of Jesus/holy Spirit in us and not bother with following rules and regulations?

Rules and regulation do not save us.
Rules and regulation do guide us. They tell us what behaviour God expects and what behaviour God does not expect.

God has given us the intellectual ability to work out how we should live, so his guidance is not about what colour socks I should wear, but to do with our obedience to him.

Jesus fulfilled the whole law, but he also did not do away with it, we may not be under the law for judgement, but it is still there as our guide for rightous living.

I'm not for sure what rules your talking about, I'm talking about the literal Spirit of Christ in you. There is no rule for that, how can life be regulated when were are talking about the birthing, born again. I'm not for sure how to answer you, try rereading if you haven't already and see the life (Christ) I'm talking about, I can say this Paul had Christ revealed in him, Gal. 1:15-16.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This comes not by the believer’s doing but by the believer’s knowing that the Christ in him is the “do-er” and is the keeper of the law, as well as the activator of the divine nature within the believer- container.
That is the rules I referred to.
I can say this Paul had Christ revealed in him

You written a long winded post to say Jesus lives in us.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Christ is the only life of the believer

All of Paul’s epistles are an uncompromising protest against any intrusion of the law or any phase of the law into the teaching of the Christ-life. It should be seen from Paul’s life that the simple knowing that Christ was in him by the birthing was not the whole of the truth.
The rest of the truth was locked in the fact that in Christ the believer has a oneness with Christ eternally formed and constantly growing as he learns Christ. The Apostle Paul lived a “Christ-life.”

The Christ in him and he were as one, with Christ swallowing him up and being able to come through him clearly as Paul. Paul definitely emphasizes the fact that this growth of union into Christ cannot be attained to or even understood as long as the mind is given to the idea that something the believer does makes him what God intended he be.

This comes not by the believer’s doing but by the believer’s knowing that the Christ in him is the “do-er” and is the keeper of the law, as well as the activator of the divine nature within the believer- container. It is only in this life that Christ and the believer become free to be God’s purpose in action in the world.
This oneness Paul had with Christ brought forth many glorious understandings which had been hidden previously by the law, and they cannot be made known until Christ becomes the life of the believer.

For instance, in Colossians 3:11,
Paul says in Christ “there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all."

By his coming to the knowledge of union, he shows that there is no longer any historical or previous doctrinal truth, like circumcision, that matters any longer because the Christ within has become all and is in all who are born again.
What you say is very beautiful and God bless you for how you feel.

I do have one problem with it and maybe you could reply to this.
If we want to say that Christ in us does everything for us and it's not us doing it...doesn't this mean that when we sin it is Jesus sinning? Or doesn't it mean that Jesus failed and didn't do the right thing since it's HIM doing everything?

Just so you know, I've learned that Jesus left us with the Holy Spirit.
It's the Holy Spirit that walks by us and helps us to be Christ-like and helps us not to sin. However, it's our will that is taken into consideration. We still have a free will and can sin if that is what we choose.
John 14:16
"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;

A helper does not do everything for you, he just helps you.
Would you agree?

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we want to say that Christ in us does everything for us and it's not us doing it...doesn't this mean that when we sin it is Jesus sinning?

Let me say it this way, we are swallowed up as we see Christ as our life. We still think we have a life of our own, we dont, the life we had, Adamic life, was crucified with Christ. There is a reckoning that must take place on the believers part.
We still have a mind, soul- mind if you will, our uniqueness, but the only life we have is Christ, spirit life. Christians believe they still have a life, read your wording. Hope that helps some and shed some light on it, the scriptures are not an intellectual message as you know.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Let me say it this way, we are swallowed up as we see Christ as our life. We still think we have a life of our own, we dont, the life we had, Adamic life, was crucified with Christ. There is a reckoning that must take place on the believers part.
We still have a mind, soul- mind if you will, our uniqueness, but the only life we have is Christ, spirit life. Christians believe they still have a life, read your wording. Hope that helps some and shed some light on it, the scriptures are not an intellectual message as you know.
I like how you explained this, but then you believe we no longer have a sin nature?
I've been taught by two different churches that the sin nature will be with us till we die.
It does not master over us anymore, it is put under submission.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like how you explained this, but then you believe we no longer have a sin nature?
I've been taught by two different churches that the sin nature will be with us till we die.
It does not master over us anymore, it is put under submission.
Correct, if the cross didnt kill out the sin nature then nothing will. Paul is cvery clear the nature, sin nature, old man, Adams nature, Adamic nature is crucified in Christ. That is the cup He drank from. It it was all sin, past present, and future, but most importantly is the sin nature was in that cup. Christians sin from their old unrenewed mind.
So again Paul very clearly states we must follow him as he follows Christ or we will not know what God has done on the cross.
The confusion for men today is; they do not know how to handle the Christians sin so they simple say we still have a sin nature, rank error. So there are Christians that walk through life confused about soul and spirit. Paul defines soul and spirit all through his Epistles, bless you for your hunger.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Correct, if the cross didnt kill out the sin nature then nothing will. Paul is cvery clear the nature, sin nature, old man, Adams nature, Adamic nature is crucified in Christ. That is the cup He drank from. It it was all sin, past present, and future, but most importantly is the sin nature was in that cup. Christians sin from their old unrenewed mind.
So again Paul very clearly states we must follow him as he follows Christ or we will not know what God has done on the cross.
The confusion for men today is; they do not know how to handle the Christians sin so they simple say we still have a sin nature, rank error. So there are Christians that walk through life confused about soul and spirit. Paul defines soul and spirit all through his Epistles, bless you for your hunger.
I'm not confused as to soul and spirit. I believe in the trichotomy of man.

I do believe we retain the sin nature. If not, what do you suppose makes us sin?

Mark 7:21
"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries,

John 3:6
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Romans 7:15
For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not confused as to soul and spirit. I believe in the trichotomy of man.

I do believe we retain the sin nature. If not, what do you suppose makes us sin?

Mark 7:21
"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries,

John 3:6
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Romans 7:15
For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.
They are soul-mind sins, not nature-spirit sins. The memory of the old man, but not the old man, the old man is dead, killed out at the cross. Mind given to body constitutes flesh.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
They are soul-mind sins, not nature-spirit sins. The memory of the old man, but not the old man, the old man is dead, killed out at the cross. Mind given to body constitutes flesh.
I guess those biblical verses meant nothing to you.
There are two types of sin?
Could you quote scripture on this?
How could there be nature-spirit sins?
How could our spirit sin?

If the old man is dead, why do we sin?

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess those biblical verses meant nothing to you.
There are two types of sin?
Could you quote scripture on this?
How could there be nature-spirit sins?
How could our spirit sin?

If the old man is dead, why do we sin?[/QUOT

The choice for the believer is theirs, if they think they have a sin nature that is a choice they make.
1 John 3:8-9
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Col. 2:10
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

When dividing soul and spirit we use the scriptures to do it, we need to understand when Paul is speaking to soul and when he is speaking about spirit.
Paul is speaking retrospectively in Romans 7 from the born again stand point.
Without Paul we wouldn't even know about a sin nature or being in Christ.
1John 1 are soul sins, and Mark is describing humanity before being born again.