Christ The Foundation Of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; - 1 Corinthians 3:10-12.

The more you find out about what God did to you the moment you believed the more you become what God created you to be. It is all in the incorruptible seed, when the seed is birthed in you you started a journey of finding out (more than likely you don't even know your purpose is) what it is your father is doing in the world. You find out he has created the perfect world for bringing Christ forth in a part of creation, you. We like to say "God created this place perfect for bringing Christ alive in humanity because a good dose of the world will be your teacher to bring you to Christ." So hence the world is perfect in that since. The foundation comes about by a birthing, very important that a believer rightly divide the scriptures (learning to read your bible) at some point in their building on the foundation.

It is the foundation of God, Christ is the foundation of God for life. What we build (soul-mind Understanding) on that foundation will be what holds together when life is hitting hard. When you see those that drift around (spiritually) with no real direction as to what to build on the foundation. Most are usually not interested or just don't know to build.

The foundation holds up, the foundation will never be your trouble, what you build or don't build will be your trouble. If scriptures bear this out then a believer must know the foundation is sure and not afraid (mind change) to move as the HolySpirit moves a believer from faith to faith, and glory to glory. Growth in knowledge of building on a foundation.

We need to build, there should be a very direct purpose of what you place on the foundation. You start laying a subfloor (for babes) on the foundation, and then the walls can go on the subfloor. You are growing, you have had a hunger and interest in learning the things of your father. You may not build just right (we won't), you may not know how to build but you learn to read blueprints (the scriptures) and work from them. I have worked with many builders and they all build different but what they build always has the same principle of building and then their touch comes out in the end. But all the houses may look the same but they are not.

Once you're build is complete you have a Solid home that can stand the test of time. What you build we be all the difference when life gets real and it will. So the cross is the foundation and will never be uprooted, and what you build may have to go through changes. Go through changes, what is that? You may be seeing something in the word that is absultely sound to knowledge. As time goes by you may get more understanding of the same verse or whatever it is that had you fixed in mind. Mind change only comes by Holyspirit teaching.

If someone was to hand you a set of blueprints most of us do not know how to read them. That is how your bible reads, the scriptures have a print for life and that is what you want on your foundation. You will have to learn blueprints, you know how most superintendents of a job are hired? Because they can read the blueprints, they are paid according to what they know about erecting a building to get it to come out in the end. When you start a job every step is as important as the other, and at the same time you have a finished product in mind. What you want or need to have a completed project.

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
another Great topic for all of to understand. I like the latter half,
We need to build, there should be a very direct purpose of what you place on the foundation. You start laying a subfloor (for babes) on the foundation, and then the walls can go on the subfloor. You are growing, you have had a hunger and interest in learning the things of your father. You may not build just right (we won't), you may not know how to build but you learn to read blueprints (the scriptures) and work from them. I have worked with many builders and they all build different but what they build always has the same principle of building and then their touch comes out in the end. But all the houses may look the same but they are not.

Once you're build is complete you have a Solid home that can stand the test of time. What you build we be all the difference when life gets real and it will. So the cross is the foundation and will never be uprooted, and what you build may have to go through changes. Go through changes, what is that? You may be seeing something in the word that is absultely sound to knowledge. As time goes by you may get more understanding of the same verse or whatever it is that had you fixed in mind. Mind change only comes by Holyspirit teaching.

If someone was to hand you a set of blueprints most of us do not know how to read them. That is how your bible reads, the scriptures have a print for life and that is what you want on your foundation. You will have to learn blueprints, you know how most superintendents of a job are hired? Because they can read the blueprints, they are paid according to what they know about erecting a building to get it to come out in the end. When you start a job every step is as important as the other, and at the same time you have a finished product in mind. What you want or need to have a completed project.
even if we don't know how to read the blue print/scriptures correctly, (many of us don't), all the time, it's the obedience to (work, because we're saved), )put in an effort to build on that solid foundation. for as the apostle said by the Holy Ghost, 1 Corinthians 3:14 "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward." BUT THE NEXT VERSE I LOVE,
1 Corinthians 3:15 "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."
even if I get the blue print wrong at first I have THE MASTER BUILDER opf all times who HELP me, by A. CORRECTION, Proverbs 3:12 "For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth." and B. he FINISH it for me, and I'm right there at his side, Hebrews 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
I have "HOPE" meaning that I have "FAITH", because I have the MASTER BUILDER of all builders who HELP me, the GREAT HELPER of ALL TIMES who never fails, even if I do. I mighty suffer loss/Correction, but to GAIN CHRIST is the prize, the finish product ... fulfilled, the blue print finish.

thanks soul man, another dinner served.

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BUT THE NEXT VERSE I LOVE,
1 Corinthians 3:15 "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

consider ‘he shall suffer loss’ Philippians 3:3-9 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. [4] Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: [5] Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; [6] Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. [7] But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. [8] Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, [9] And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
consider ‘he shall suffer loss’ Philippians 3:3-9 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. [4] Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: [5] Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; [6] Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. [7] But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. [8] Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, [9] And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
100% agreed. VJ.... on point.

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
100% agreed. VJ.... on point.

PICJAG.

have a question. Do not want to derail the thread but maybe you can help. To be compelled to boast and glory in the flesh, or compelling others to ...what does it mean? ‘Compelled’

Acts 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

2 Corinthians 12:11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

bewitched?

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hadn’t even noticed it until you and @soul man posted and was greatly refreshed(and comforted) by this you two have shared of Him.
see, this is why christian come together and discuss the word of God instead of arguing over it. many people on this forum have something good to contribute. God feed his children everyday.

and thank God that what might soul man and I said help or pointed out something to you may go onto something more. we build each other up.... well what you know, we just did some building on that foundation.... :)

be blessed, and increase in God.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
compelled, no need to, they do it on their own. see Isaiah 52:5 and then come back to Romans 2:17 and read through to verse 24, and you can contuine, for the whole chapter is worthy of your read.

PICJAG.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VJ if you missed what i was saying about compell, Just as Paul being a Jews was in ERROR in knowing the truth, he did these things aganist christian in Igorance.

Jews naturally didn't KNOW the TRUTH, but had it written for them. Just as paul was zealous as all the jews after the law but without KNOWLEDGE.
for the book of Hebrews point this out. Hebrews 5:11 "Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing."
Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."
Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe."
Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

hope that helped.

PICJAG.