Christ - "the word of the Lord"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The famous comedians Abbot and Costello did a routine called "Whose on first" where the first baseman's name was "Who". There was a purpose for calling the first baseman "Who"! It caused a bit of confusion and a lot of humor - and if your purpose is to get people to laugh - it was a great idea.

God has a purpose, and that is to get all to come to know the Son. To get to know someone you have to spend time with them and I mean time talking back and forth. Communication is an important part of getting to know someone. And since the Lord talks to us in parables and dark saying [Ps 78:1- Listen, O my people, to my instruction; Incline your ears to the words of my mought. I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark saying of old] iit figures that God would call His Son who He has given to us "The Word of God"

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God

So it is that though out the Bible we read that people called the Christ "The Word of God - or the word of the Lord"

1 Kings 6:11 Now the word of the LORD came to Solomon saying,....

King Solomon knew the One we call Jesus Christ as "the word of the Lord" because He came to king Solomon and talked to him - and of course those words king Solomon were the words God had for him. Therefore the name of the One (Jesus Christ) whom came and talked to was known to king Solomon as "the word of the Lord".

Today many often want to call the record of that conversation (The Bible) The Word of God, instead of Him who has the words of God for us personally. It seems like they don't know Him (Jesus Christ). Isn't He supposed to be dwelling with us? We are the temple of God, are we not?

1Kings 6:12.13 “Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, then I will carry out My word with you which I spoke to David your father. “I will dwell among the sons of Israel, and will not forsake My people Israel.”

Now I find the phrase "My word with you" interesting and underlined it. If Jesus Christ is the Word of God and He dwell with us, then He is the Word of God that is with us, right?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The famous comedians Abbot and Costello did a routine called "Whose on first" where the first baseman's name was "Who". There was a purpose for calling the first baseman "Who"! It caused a bit of confusion and a lot of humor - and if your purpose is to get people to laugh - it was a great idea.

God has a purpose, and that is to get all to come to know the Son. To get to know someone you have to spend time with them and I mean time talking back and forth. Communication is an important part of getting to know someone. And since the Lord talks to us in parables and dark saying [Ps 78:1- Listen, O my people, to my instruction; Incline your ears to the words of my mought. I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark saying of old] iit figures that God would call His Son who He has given to us "The Word of God"

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God

So it is that though out the Bible we read that people called the Christ "The Word of God - or the word of the Lord"

1 Kings 6:11 Now the word of the LORD came to Solomon saying,....

King Solomon knew the One we call Jesus Christ as "the word of the Lord" because He came to king Solomon and talked to him - and of course those words king Solomon were the words God had for him. Therefore the name of the One (Jesus Christ) whom came and talked to was known to king Solomon as "the word of the Lord".

Today many often want to call the record of that conversation (The Bible) The Word of God, instead of Him who has the words of God for us personally. It seems like they don't know Him (Jesus Christ). Isn't He supposed to be dwelling with us? We are the temple of God, are we not?

1Kings 6:12.13 “Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, then I will carry out My word with you which I spoke to David your father. “I will dwell among the sons of Israel, and will not forsake My people Israel.”

Now I find the phrase "My word with you" interesting and underlined it. If Jesus Christ is the Word of God and He dwell with us, then He is the Word of God that is with us, right?

Love your post Karl,
Great description of Christ BEING The Word Of God. Christ is threaded throughout the whole bible as He IS The Word of God. When God speaks, Christ acts. It is kind of like Christ is Gods very WORDS and will only act when The Father "speaks". Ever wonder why Jesus Himself did not know the day or hour of His return? My thoughts go to the possibility that God simply has not "spoken" it yet?
In Him,
nancy

Reactions: Karl Peters

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

correct-a-mundo
absolutely

Jesus confirms that here

oh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Reactions: Karl Peters