Christian Arrested For Praying On Public Sidewalk-Washington D.c.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jul 6, 2011
aspen2,
What is your point?
The point was Veteren's that they risked their lives to spread the gospel. Mine was a question rather than a point. It had the question mark '?' yes?
it was ... You acknowldge the NT and early Christians died because the spread the gospel?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen2,
The point was Veteren's that they risked their lives to spread the gospel. Mine was a question rather than a point. It had the question mark '?' yes?
it was ... You acknowldge the NT and early Christians died because the spread the gospel?

Sorry, I forgot that you are a literalist. Asking 'what is your point?' is not meant to be literally interpreted - I was not trying to reframe your question as a statement; instead, I was asking you to clarify your post. Asking 'what is your point' is another way of saying 'you are not making any sense' or 'your question does not appear relevant to the conversation, please explain.'

I was responding to Veteran's point, which appears to me to be speaking against pacifism. I chose to address his post by mention a group of Christians who responded passively - the Christian Martyrs in the Early Church. These martyrs believed that they were imitating Christ, who is described by a eunuch as a 'lamb lead to the slaughter' in Acts 8:32.

I hope you can now see why I am confused about your post; why would you ask me if I acknowledged the Martyrs were killed for spreading the gospel? when I was the person who brought them up in the conversation? Of course, I believe they were killed for spreading the gospel - if I did not, I would not have mentioned them. My point was not to bring attention to the reason for their deaths, it was an attempt to emphasize the long tradition of passive resistance within Christianity.

What I was trying to say is 'why should we be surprised that Christians are killed for their faith? It has been happening since Christ died on the Cross.'

Get it? (another common, nonliteral statement)