Christian Clothing Restrictions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
A church I went to had an issue with a number of women wearing very low cut tops and/or very short skirts.

There is no dress code at our church - everything from shorts and blue jeans to suits and ties.

The pastor's wife mentioned concerns to a number of them privately and was surprising greated with statements that it is as if she is expecting that women at the church were to wear burqas because they can't dress how they feel.

She put a message in the church bulletin stating that while women may have the purest of intentions in what they wear, if it causes men to struggle with not looking due to tempting attire, that should be a consideration when wearing something to church. She suggesting nothing more revealing than what you would wear to a job interview.

This was met by more outrage from some of these women and so she finally told a number of them that she wasn't stupid and that women know exactly what they look like when they go out the door and know exactly what men want to see and sometimes struggle with.

Some changed their practices and some left.

feed the ego or feed the spirit (wo)man ?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"1 being a minor issue and 10 being critical "

There is no "sliding scale" for sin!

Now, you personally may feel this way --- this thought is not scriptural.

Oh brother......

You really think I was rating sin?

If you want to be useful go feed the hungry and stop sitting around judging hypothetical women......gimme a break

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
Oh brother......

You really think I was rating sin?

If you want to be useful go feed the hungry and stop sitting around judging hypothetical women......gimme a break

hey thanks, you got a Jobjar I can dig into ?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey thanks, you got a Jobjar I can dig into ?

I am a volunteer counselor at a local agency on Fridays - I am a counselor, by profession

I also volunteer at a homeless shelter on Mondays

Social service agencies and homeless shelters always need skilled and unskilled help

It can be really rewarding if you have the time and energy.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A church I went to had an issue with a number of women wearing very low cut tops and/or very short skirts.

There is no dress code at our church - everything from shorts and blue jeans to suits and ties.

The pastor's wife mentioned concerns to a number of them privately and was surprising greated with statements that it is as if she is expecting that women at the church were to wear burqas because they can't dress how they feel.

She put a message in the church bulletin stating that while women may have the purest of intentions in what they wear, if it causes men to struggle with not looking due to tempting attire, that should be a consideration when wearing something to church. She suggesting nothing more revealing than what you would wear to a job interview.

This was met by more outrage from some of these women and so she finally told a number of them that she wasn't stupid and that women know exactly what they look like when they go out the door and know exactly what men want to see and sometimes struggle with.

Some changed their practices and some left.

The root of this is a lack of consideration for others.
It has nothing to do with religion, fashion or women's rights.

I attended a recent men's Bible study in which the subject of women's state of undress was discussed.
All the men voiced concern about the distraction and the open fleshy statement it makes.
Such 'almost dressing' focuses attention upon the woman and away from God.

Women are NOT to be an object of worship; GOD IS.

American society is crumbling away because of rubbish like this.

There ARE men (and quite a few more than we are given credit for), who are more concerned about Godly things than whoring things.
Apparently we outnumber women in that regard.
Godly women, if such there are, are being very quiet about this.
Could it be that they too have been caught up in the secular attitude that places woman on the high pedestal above all else?

One of the purposes of Christian assembly is for mutual encouragement NOT mutual temptation.
Let us work and pray toward building up the body of Christ by example and abandon whore-able fashion which focuses upon female anatomy rather than God's spirit.

In church it is a man's heart which is meant to swell, not the other mechanics of nature.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
:rolleyes: I DO THINK lets all wear robes like the people did in the old testament but then the designers would be out of a job or we all wear dark sunglasses and we won't see what you wear or we all stay home and watch church on t v then we won't care what you wear or just ask guidance from the H G and cover up the parts you are advertiseing.the reason men and women advertise is the same reason children cry. :rolleyes:

Reactions: gregg