Christian Cubits: This Rod Will Measure the Gates of Heaven, and the City 4-Square(d)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CAPten-T.I.M.E.

Nov 9, 2021
Blowing Rock, NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian Cubits:
This Rod Will Measure the Gates of Heaven, and the City 4-Square(d)

Revelation 21:15-17, ESV: “And the one who spoke with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city and its gates and walls. The city lies foursquare, its length the same as its width. And he measured the city with his rod, 12,000 stadia. Its length and width and height are equal. He also measured its wall, 144 cubits by human measurement, which is also an angel’s measurement.”

Today is 11-16-2021. It is one week after my very first post (CHRistian CHRonology: This Rock WILL Prevail Against the Gates of Hell!). And today is also a very interesting date, related to the Holy City (stay tuned, for more details on this).

Some think that the New Jerusalem (NJ) is shaped like a cube (some translations even use this word); others think it is a pyramid shape. If the length, width, and height are equal—it could be a sphere! What do you think? All too many think that it doesn’t really matter; but if it didn’t matter, then God would’ve put exactly nothing in the Bible, about the dimensions of the Holy City.

—————————————————————————————————————————————
Importance of Biblical Dimensions

2 Timothy 3:16-17, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect ...”

There might be some things in the Bible, which are more for ancient times than for today; but this is not true, of Revelation. The description and dimensions of the NJ, is essentially the last thing in the last book of the Bible—it is the grand finale, so to speak! Surely, then, it would be wise for us to study and understand, what God has revealed about the Holy City.

The same book, Revelation, instructs us to “measure the temple of God” (11:1). Some think that measuring the temple is merely a symbolic representation, not to be taken literally. However, even if it’s symbolic, it could also be literal; many things in scripture are both literal and symbolic. For example, the story of Ishmael and Isaac (see Genesis 16:1-16; 21:1-21; Galatians 4:22-31); in fact, the symbolic application of this story, is specifically about the New Jerusalem!!

We know that “measure the temple” is literal—because there are numerous chapters of details, about the design and dimensions of both the tabernacle and the temple (see Exodus chapters 25 to 40; 1 Kings chapters 6 & 7; 2 Chronicles 3 & 4; etc). Another reason to take it literal, is the fact that the better you understand the temple (and tabernacle) dimensions: the easier it is to figure out the NJ dimensions. Also, the word “cubit(s)” is used in the Bible, more than 200 times—and most, if not all, are referring to a literal physical dimension; so we have every reason to believe that the cubits, and other dimensions in Revelation, are to be understood literally.

What are the benefits, of knowing the NJ dimensions? As usual, there are several benefits; probably more than we realize. For one, it shows that a very intelligent Being designed the NJ dimensions, and carefully hid the answers—leaving just enough clues, to unlock the mystery. Additionally, it shows that Heavenly Jerusalem is not an imaginary myth or fantasy—it is a literal place, with physical dimensions, made of physical objects, that exist within the realm of tangible reality.

Much like the dimensions in time (CHRistian CHRonology): the dimensions in space (Christian Cubits) also prove the existence of God, as good or better than anything else to date. God has saved His best evidences, to be revealed at a time when the world is flooded with “science falsely so called” (1 Timothy 6:20)—which supposedly disproves God, and the Bible (see Psalms 14:1; 53:1; Proverbs 28:26; 3:5; etc). And once again, that time is now!

NJ Dimensions: Top 10 List

The first three questions below, are referring specifically to measurements in the NJ; elsewhere in scripture, the lengths may or may not be the same. The 10 questions are mostly arranged from easiest to hardest; and understanding one answer, usually helps understand other answers. Also, if you have the correct answer, there is always at least “two or three” ways to verify that it is correct. And please don’t expect to get all 10 correct, especially not right away; it is a puzzle or riddle, which God intentionally designed to be difficult—and yet possible—to figure out. It is a treasure hunt, where the treasures are far more valuable than any gold or diamonds in this world.

Note: answers can be given in any combination of the following: inches, feet, cubits, rods, stadia (furlongs), and/or miles; however, be sure to answer #1 thru #3—before using cubits, rods, and stadia in other answers. Also, decimals or fractions are allowed in the answers.

#1 How many inches, in one of the cubits (Revelation 21:17)?

#2 How long is the measuring rod, or reed (Revelation 21:15-16; see 11:1; Ezekiel 40:5; 41:8)?

#3 How long is one stadion, or furlong (Revelation 21:16)?

#4 How wide is the NJ wall?

#5 What are the dimensions, of each NJ gate?

#6 What is the height, of all 12 foundations?

#7 How tall is the NJ wall, including the 12 foundations?

#8 What is the outside length, around all of the NJ walls?

#9 How many mansions, in the NJ?

#10 Answers #1 thru #9 reveal important information about the 144,000, and the great multitude (see Revelation 7:1-17). Explain what it is, and why it’s important.

Note: #9 & #10 are especially difficult—so don’t worry, if you can’t find those two answers.

Teardrops Never Will Fall

Revelation 21:2-4, “And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven ... and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Looking neither to the left, nor to the right
But gazing straight ahead I see an awesome sight
Descending from the sky, adorned like a bride, is my home!
I'm on the road, I'm going home, I'm on the road, I'm not alone
I'm on the road...to my home! And when I get there, there will be...
No more death...no more mourning
No more crying...or pain! Hallelujah! tc

Jasper.Stones-144K

Nov 6, 2021
Auburn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking neither to the left, nor to the right
But gazing straight ahead I see an awesome sight
Descending from the sky, adorned like a bride, is my home!
I'm on the road, I'm going home, I'm on the road, I'm not alone
I'm on the road...to my home! And when I get there, there will be...
No more death...no more mourning
No more crying...or pain! Hallelujah! tc

Hello Truman, So I haven’t been able to find this song, or more specifically the lyrics, on the Internet, is this something you wrote? Thanks, JS-144

nenagana

Oct 1, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Ezekiel's Prophecy has, I think all the tribes, so its a description of the Lord's Body)
(Revelation's Prophecy does not have all the tribes, so its not a description of the Lord's Body)

The Book of Revelation where Joseph reaches a unified value, is a descroption of the equal potential the gospel affords, and it does not include all people, no matter how much your pray, how holy you think you are, or weather you do good or bad, many people and genetic lines are not designed to period.

Humanity will die dumb and blind, not knowing this or that, but satisfying its pleasure until it dies. Increasingly satisfying its suicid** pleasures.

(this is a legal basis to discredit or remove the book of revelations specifically from biblical cannon, and it was years ago removed from all biblical books)

(when a holy person dies, god has annointed, then, sometimes its a snare for a minority or a j** to believe it has delivered the killing blow or kill that person, that is apart of satan's pleasure, God gives moses no judgment only salvation, and satan does something filthy and then kill or continues to kill itself in suicide) (9/11/2001) (i.imgur.com/UiogWZu.png ..... and if it fails to do that, it will go after itself, family and community, weather it realizes this or not, they will do this as a people and for many years now, we are going RABIES that is an improvement)

Last edited:

nenagana

Oct 1, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Ezekiel presents a list of just about all the tribes, then ends with the statement "the name of the city is, the lord"..................so that is a description of the lord's body)

(the Book of Revelations, talks about the tribes, not all of them in Revelation 7, and ends saying "the lord was around the throne, blessing the faithful")

(Reply in Parenthesis)

(you understand what the jewels, and prescious metals, represent in revelation? they are the removed tribes that are offered up to the lord as a sin offering (those genetic lines) (because what God is doing, is, judging all of mankind as a sin offering, it may not understand its judgement is today on its terms, but in a controvery of sin, like you see today) (the lord's body is incomplete that means no judgment understand the difference between ezekiel and revelation is the lord's body is incomplete)

(we said that even though those genetic lines have no legal right to live, it does not mean its profitable in god's eyes, in the capacity of a sin offering, for god, or an angel or the son of man to destroy them to remove the controversy..............we said only, immediately if god places us in that position they will die very quickly enough to remove the controversy, but not enough to complete god's blessing on the issue of the dead flesh accusation as a trial of faith, and that also may not be a possibility) (humanity has only a few years left to its death) (its a lot of filth and granding standing that means zero to humanity, we just have to keep watch)

Last edited:

CAPten-T.I.M.E.

Nov 9, 2021
Blowing Rock, NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, would that not be Cubed? 4-square X the height?

As I mentioned in the OP, many think that the Holy City is cube shaped; but if you are ONLY going by length, width, and height are equal—it COULD be other shapes, with each dimension equal distance, yet not a cube (such as a sphere, as I mentioned, etc).

I agree that if you also consider other factors—such as it being the city “four-SQUARE”—then a cube, with square corners, would seem to fit better than a sphere, etc. Nevertheless, the whole NJ description is a puzzle, which nobody will understand correctly—without paying very close attention to the little details (that essentially everyone glosses over).

Notice for example that verse 15 says: “And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure [#1] the city, and [#2] the gates thereof, and [#3] the wall thereof.” Where is the missing answer to #2, the gates? I have never seen anyone even notice that the answer to this question is missing—much less have I seen anyone figure out the missing answer.

In my top 10 list of questions, #5 is the following: “What are the dimensions, of each NJ gate?” This question can be answered, and it is a big part of the big puzzle. Until you understand this answer, however, it will not be easy to clearly see the answer to the other question—of whether the entire city is cube shaped, or not (which question I intentionally did not even specifically list, in the top 10 questions).

Sadly, most people don’t care to spend much time on God’s puzzles (although countless people, including Christians, spend countless hours on man’s puzzles). But God’s best kept secrets, and greatest rewards, are found in taking extreme interest in the things that God cares about; and if He didn’t care about NJ dimensions, as I said, He would’ve put nothing in the Bible on the subject—much less would He have made it into an amazing puzzle!

May God richly bless you, and happy puzzle solving!

:mad::):D

Reactions: GRACE ambassador